Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

3v GT/CS Kill... Funny story too

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 02:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3v GT/CS Kill... Funny story too

So me and my buddies were planning on cruising around tonight, but a bunch bailed so it was just me that still wanted to take advantage of the nice day we had today. Well basically me and 3 other buddies jumped in my car in hopes of finding some cars to play with. I live off of M-59, in SE MI for anyone who knows and I could hear cars ripping on it all night. After 15 mins of cruising and no signs of anything we were about to call it a night until I saw those 4 round headlights coming from behind. Soon enough a 3v Mustang GT/CS owner is pacing me. He downshifts and I follow but he didn't have a clue of what 3 honks meant. Finally we catch a light and no traffic is around. Convo goes like this...

Me: Want to run em'???
GT: Sure lets go at the light!
Me: I sure hope you beat me since I have a full car....
GT: Don't worry.... I GUARANTEE IT!!!
Me: Well see...

The light turns green and by 2nd gear i had 1.5 cars and by 3 it was just bad. Of course as soon as he caught up he wanted to go from a roll. 30 mph it was and a bus length raping followed. My friends and I, (which own an 03cobra, vortech99gt, and 383z28) are just laughing our *** off at this guy because of the "I GUARANTEE IT!!!" remark. He rolls down his window and asks if I want to pull over and chat I said sure not knowing what to expect after he saw all of us laughing. He claims to have had his TC on and he couldn't even press down the gas??? I say even if it's true it won't make up for the raping he just experienced. He argues and I say I will run him again but he says no thanks. He says see ya around...and took off. Probably the funniest race of my life.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:25 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by fbodyman1026
So me and my buddies were planning on cruising around tonight, but a bunch bailed so it was just me that still wanted to take advantage of the nice day we had today. Well basically me and 3 other buddies jumped in my car in hopes of finding some cars to play with. I live off of M-59, in SE MI for anyone who knows and I could hear cars ripping on it all night. After 15 mins of cruising and no signs of anything we were about to call it a night until I saw those 4 round headlights coming from behind. Soon enough a 3v Mustang GT/CS owner is pacing me. He downshifts and I follow but he didn't have a clue of what 3 honks meant. Finally we catch a light and no traffic is around. Convo goes like this...

GT: Don't worry.... I GUARANTEE IT!!!
Me: Well see...

The light turns green and by 2nd gear i had 1.5 cars and by 3 it was just bad. Of course as soon as he caught up he wanted to go from a roll. 30 mph it was and a bus length raping followed. My friends and I, (which own an 03cobra, vortech99gt, and 383z28) are just laughing our *** off at this guy because of the "I GUARANTEE IT!!!" remark. He rolls down his window and asks if I want to pull over and chat I said sure not knowing what to expect after he saw all of us laughing. He claims to have had his TC on and he couldn't even press down the gas??? I say even if it's true it won't make up for the raping he just experienced. He argues and I say I will run him again but he says no thanks. He says see ya around...and took off. Probably the funniest race of my life.
What he meant was I GUARANTEE IT will be my *** that gets raped!! Just a miss conception!!
Old 03-17-2009, 02:29 AM
TECH Addict

What a goober.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:32 AM
10 Second Club

Maybe I missed something. Let me first say we all know anyone that "guarantees" a race without knowing what the other guy has is a complete tool. That being said your sig says your car went 12.99. Now you load that 12.99 car with 3 passengers (minimum 500 lbs) and you put a "buslength" on a mid 13 second car? Either the fact that the guy was a tool continued into his driving ability, or I might have to throw the flag on this one.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Maybe I missed something. Let me first say we all know anyone that "guarantees" a race without knowing what the other guy has is a complete tool. That being said your sig says your car went 12.99. Now you load that 12.99 car with 3 passengers (minimum 500 lbs) and you put a "buslength" on a mid 13 second car? Either the fact that the guy was a tool continued into his driving ability, or I might have to throw the flag on this one.
The 12.99 is a bad representation of what the car can do. That time was the only run I got in at all that day after I put on the bolt ons and it wasn't the best weather. Now with some suspensions mods and a more free flowing exhaust it makes up the difference. plus when racing my friends 99 vortech gt approx. 12.3 @113 he only pulls me up top around 75. I would say its more like a 12.6-7 car as it stands today. And both of my mustang friends which will vouch on either mustangforums or svtp, wish they had it on camera. That gt/cs edition stock is like a high 13sec. car.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:11 AM
Banned

The 12.99 is a bad representation of what the car can do. That time was the only run I got in at all that day after I put on the bolt ons and it wasn't the best weather. Now with some suspensions mods and a more free flowing exhaust it makes up the difference. plus when racing my friends 99 vortech gt approx. 12.3 @113 he only pulls me up top around 75. I would say its more like a 12.6-7 car as it stands today.
And both of my mustang friends which will vouch on either mustangforums or svtp, wish they had it on camera. That gt/cs edition stock is like a high 13sec. car.

I cant get away with this, you shouldnt be able to either!!

Nice job kicking the pooch btw...
Old 03-17-2009, 07:51 AM
Staging Lane

Nice Kill Op, them damn 3v's are slow!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 10:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 06MUSTANGGT24V
Nice Kill Op, them damn 3v's are slow!!!
lol I wouldn't go that far. CAI and exhaust and they are a whole new animal. I think this race was a combination of his shitty launch and lack of power to keep up.

I have raced a 3v with x pipe and exhaust back, cai, and 3.73 gear. I had an extra passenger but from a dig he out launched me and had me by a fender till 50mph. After that I started pullin pretty good.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill. Guy probably didn't know how to drive his car and with the TC on, that would hurt him, as well. I always think it's funny when I spin my wheels just cruising around with the traction control on and as soon as they start spinning, the pedal kicks back against my foot. Strange feeling.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

good kill, i've raced two s197 gt's both from rolls and pulled them easily they seem to have no ***** pass 60mph and i have an lt1. from a dig they might be way different cars.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:34 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 95hitam6
good kill, i've raced two s197 gt's both from rolls and pulled them easily they seem to have no ***** pass 60mph and i have an lt1. from a dig they might be way different cars.
get your flame suit ready, here comes the pony parade, they are gunna throw the flag like its goin outa style to that one.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

^yes i know i could care less those are the results i got. if i race one and lose i'll post that too.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

I hate when people say stupid **** like this. You went out looking for a racing with a car full of people and then you are going to use it as an excuse? Reminds me of this time a guy in a Mustang GT said the same thing. He tried to race me then said "Man I got a car full of people!". I told him "Pull over and let them get in the car with me and then we will race." He didn't and his stupid friends were yelling about putting money down on this race and I proceeded to put 3 or 4 miles between us by the time I ran 4th out.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I hate when people say stupid **** like this. You went out looking for a racing with a car full of people and then you are going to use it as an excuse? Reminds me of this time a guy in a Mustang GT said the same thing. He tried to race me then said "Man I got a car full of people!". I told him "Pull over and let them get in the car with me and then we will race." He didn't and his stupid friends were yelling about putting money down on this race and I proceeded to put 3 or 4 miles between us by the time I ran 4th out.
i dont believe that

haha JK and i totally agree, why in the eff would you take 3 other people in your car out racing. . .

although you did win i just think if those 3 all had nice cars like you stated why the **** didnt they hop in their cars and cruise with you too!? you coulda had a 5 way race then!
Old 03-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Not to mention if you got in a wreck while racing and killed one of them in your car you would be fucked.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:33 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Not to mention if you got in a wreck while racing and killed one of them in your car you would be fucked.
can we saw Nick Hogan!?
Old 03-17-2009, 01:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
can we saw Nick Hogan!?

this is getting good
Old 03-17-2009, 01:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
this is getting good
duh! i light these threads up like Cheech and Chong like up the dewbs!
Old 03-17-2009, 01:15 PM
10 Second Club

The 12.99 is a bad representation of what the car can do. That time was the only run I got in at all that day after I put on the bolt ons and it wasn't the best weather. Now with some suspensions mods and a more free flowing exhaust it makes up the difference. plus when racing my friends 99 vortech gt approx. 12.3 @113 he only pulls me up top around 75. I would say its more like a 12.6-7 car as it stands today. And both of my mustang friends which will vouch on either mustangforums or svtp, wish they had it on camera. That gt/cs edition stock is like a high 13sec. car.
I have seen stock M5 3v's go 13.5 here all day long. I'm not doubting he couldn't drive worth a ****, and I'm not trying to take anything away from your kill, Just saying it had to be a driver mod problem in the stang.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
I have seen stock M5 3v's go 13.5 here all day long. I'm not doubting he couldn't drive worth a ****, and I'm not trying to take anything away from your kill, Just saying it had to be a driver mod problem in the stang.

lol, thats why I always say when you bring a questionable race to SR&K you need to bring the vid too...

Quick Reply: 3v GT/CS Kill... Funny story too