Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

my ws6 vs. trans am

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 05:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my ws6 vs. trans am

I had just gotten out of school and i was turning onto a feeder road of some highway and there had been this trans am behind me for awhile i noticed and he turned the same way and noticed that he was speeding up then gets next to me and revs up so i kinda rev back and i do you know the head nod and so i point to the highway and mouth "on the highway" and he shakes his head okay. so we get on and go from about a 50 roll and i pull away and by the time it's all done i'm about 3 car lengths away. we exit the next exit and he turns right and i'm making the u-turn and he just mouths nice and thumbs up.

about two weeks later:
i see this almost exact same trans am at bayou city wings and i'm like hey that looks like the one i raced. then long story short i find out that guy works as a bus boy there and that his car is STOCK! i'm thinking okay if it's stock why would you race a ws6 when you can tell it is not stock. he said he had just got it about a week before so maybe he just wanted to see about how it would compare. by then he had made it a ws6 wanna-be, he had bought a ws6 hood that didn't even match his car (his car was red the hood was black). which is okay i guess there isn't MUCH difference between the ws6 and regular so whatever.

another reason i really like this story is because before the ws6 i have now i had a red trans am just like that guys. and i LOVED it but totaled it. *sniff sniff* then got the ws6 i have now. but i was DEVASTATED when i found out the red one was totaled. so this was like a closure i guess you could say. it kinda hurt that i had to race it and beat it though lol. but i had to do what i had to do.

Last edited by robert_transam; 03-29-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good kill. Mods?

Originally Posted by robert_transam
i'm thinking okay if it's stock why would you race a ws6 let alone when you can tell the ws6 is not stock. he said he had just got it about a week before so maybe he just wanted to see about how it would compare. by then he had made it a ws6 wanna-be, he had bought a ws6 hood that didn't even match his car (his car was red the hood was black). which is okay i guess there isn't MUCH difference between the ws6 and regular so whatever.
I'll say this nicely since a lot of people probably won't. A WS6 and T/A both come with the same power. There is no reason for him to be afraid of your WS6 in his "regular" T/A, unless he knows you have more mods than he does.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
Good kill. Mods?

I'll say this nicely since a lot of people probably won't. A WS6 and T/A both come with the same power. There is no reason for him to be afraid of your WS6 in his "regular" T/A, unless he knows you have more mods than he does.
i got ported heads, cam, stall, headers, y pipe, full exhaust, tuned, and etc.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Teching In

seriously why would he be scared your not cammed . its pretty much stock LS1 vs LS1 ......
Old 03-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by IvanGTStang
seriously why would he be scared your not cammed . its pretty much stock LS1 vs LS1 ......
hey guess what man? i am cammed.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Launching!

Did you miss the post above where he listed his mods bro? Give him some props, good kill man!
Old 03-28-2009, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wasn't doubting your kill or anything, just saying stock for stock theres no reason a T/A would be afraid of a WS6. What H/C combo you have? GOt any #s?
Old 03-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Teching In

my bad bro , next time ill read the whole thing.... nice kill .how much you pushing
Old 03-29-2009, 01:25 AM
Teching In

my bad bro , next time ill read the whole thing.... nice kill .how much you pushing
it's all cool man.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:26 AM
Teching In

it's a 224 duration 575 lift
Old 03-29-2009, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey guess what man? i am cammed.
hey guess what man? no one cares that you have a ws6. and regular t/as are not scared of you.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol, by him posting this thread and thinking a ws6 is different then a normal trans am just showed how much of a fool he is. Congrats I guess your a moron who bought a ws6 because the "ram air ads 50hp" in the flyer? Cool kill im sure he didnt know you were cammed obviously but why would you give another fbody owner **** for just racing with you to see how his new car is?
Thats a pretty dick move for anyone to do that. a fbody is a fbody, camaro or trans am we all have ls1's or lt1's if you don't understand that maybe you should just leave the forum now before a flame war starts.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:00 PM
Banned

weak sauce!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Teching In

wow y'all are all morons. no i'm not saying a regular trans am should be scared of a ws6? when in my post did i ever say that? yeah i didn't think i did. all i said was why would he race me knowing i wasn't stock (which he definitely could tell because my car is loud, look on my other post i have youtube videos) when his is regular. and no i wasn't giving him crap because he was racing me to see how he would compete thats what i said was a reasonable reason to race me for. that's why i said "maybe he just wanted to see about how it would compare." and i didn't buy my ws6 just because it was a ws6 i bought it because i had a chance to and had the money. i would have taken a regular trans am if i didn't find mine.

all in all, i better say this because obviously people aren't getting my post. i'm not talking crap about regular trans am or that they should be scared to race ws6's. and i'm not saying that ws6's are WAY faster. all i was saying is that why would he race me when his was stock. and maybe i would only know this because i'm the only person that saw the guy before the race but he was doing the confident cocky stare that's why i was saying why would you race my car when his is stock and try to act so confident?
Old 03-29-2009, 06:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

and i'm not saying that ws6's are WAY faster.
Yeah, I love when people say "You should have got a WS6 instead of a Formula. They are faster". It's not even worth trying to explain an ls1 is an ls1 and they run the same at the drag strip.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:52 PM
TECH Addict

i'm thinking okay if it's stock why would you race a ws6 let alone when you can tell the ws6 is not stock.
This is where the "shouldnt be scared of a WS6" comments are coming from buddy.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow y'all are all morons. no i'm not saying a regular trans am should be scared of a ws6? when in my post did i ever say that? yeah i didn't think i did. all i said was why would he race me knowing i wasn't stock (which he definitely could tell because my car is loud, look on my other post i have youtube videos) when his is regular. and no i wasn't giving him crap because he was racing me to see how he would compete thats what i said was a reasonable reason to race me for. that's why i said "maybe he just wanted to see about how it would compare." and i didn't buy my ws6 just because it was a ws6 i bought it because i had a chance to and had the money. i would have taken a regular trans am if i didn't find mine.

all in all, i better say this because obviously people aren't getting my post. i'm not talking crap about regular trans am or that they should be scared to race ws6's. and i'm not saying that ws6's are WAY faster. all i was saying is that why would he race me when his was stock. and maybe i would only know this because i'm the only person that saw the guy before the race but he was doing the confident cocky stare that's why i was saying why would you race my car when his is stock and try to act so confident?
i'm thinking okay if it's stock why would you race a ws6
They aren't WAY faster or any faster. Oh and you beat a bone stock ls1 by 3 cars. GJDM.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:56 PM
Teching In

there... fixed it... no more crap