Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cam only TA vs 450'sh rwhp supra.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 01:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Cam only TA vs 450'sh rwhp supra.

Well this was in my 347 TA that I just go through building. Its pretty much just cam only and a smaller cam at that. Still stock heads and I was out without a hood bc the car was just put back together and well its not completely done yet lol. Also still haven't gotten the exhaust on it yet, but hell I wanted to go out and play a lil bit.

So onto the race. We ran from about a 60-65mph roll, its a supra so duh. I was in 2nd, also btw I still have 3.23 gears to with an M6 . No honks or anything so the first run he was brake boosting and got the jump on me, I still hit it and kinda held it off but wasn't pulling back.

So we went for another run this time pretty even hit from the same roll. Through 2nd he pulled maybe a fender, then I hit 3rd and evened it back up until we ran up on a cop that had somebody pulled over, so we quickly hit the brakes and turned around. That was the last run we had, i wanted to run from a dig as my 3.23's actually do pretty well bc it will hook and not spin any with the DR's on. Oh well I guess not to bad for the ole TA Holding on like that. All runs were from about 60-100-115.

I believe those gears are killing me but my motor was put together for the spray so the cam and rings are all set for the nitrous, so thats whats going on this weekend.

I'm thinking if I can put my true duals on and get a hood on it and get it tuned with the exhaust on it, it should pick up alot from open headers .