Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

G/F almost raced in my car

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 01:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G/F almost raced in my car

A couple of weeks ago we had a car show here, which leads up to a main st. cruise. A buddy invited us to go to the cruise and kick it with him. I followed him out there and we parked and kicked it in the bed of his truck watching all the rides go by. Needless to say, alcohol was involved and my buddy and I got lit while my g/f stayed sober.

My g/f had to drive me home in my Z. She didn't want to take the highway so she stuck to the streets. As we were going down the road I noticed a late 70's Camaro (traction bars, big back tires, dual exhaust etc.) a ways in front of us in the same lane. I noticed he started to slow down a bit. I told my g/f play by play what was going to happen (lol).

I told her that he is gonna slow down more and jump over in the right lane. He did. I told her that he'll probably romp it some to show he's game. He did that too. I told her to race him but she only toyed with him a bit by romping it some. She ended up rolling down the passenger window and told me to signal him that she didn't wanna race, but the guy wouldn't look over.

I kept telling her that she's got this, but she wouldn't race the guy and ended up slowing down and getting behind him. That was a sad night, but at least I got to feel the power of my car from the passenger seat (where it always feels faster imo).

I give her **** every few days about it, but she said that she didn't want a ticket. Oh well, maybe next time.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:42 PM
12 Second Club

haha nice man, my GF would have opened my cut-out revv'd at him and kicked some *** and taken names. she loves racing. then again i have an auto. can you girl shift pretty well if she was attempting to race?
Old 04-16-2009, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
haha nice man, my GF would have opened my cut-out revv'd at him and kicked some *** and taken names. she loves racing. then again i have an auto. can you girl shift pretty well if she was attempting to race?
She drives my car every once in awhile and I feel that she could of pulled it off. Her car is a manual as well but it's quite a bit looser to shift (forgiving) compared to our T56's that are pretty solid and tight so to speak.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:15 PM
12 Second Club

personally never drove a T-56'd F-body, only auto , but i can understand what youre getting at.

funny story too man, i always tell my GF lets take my car blah blah blah, and i end up getting drunk and she drives back [she is only 19 and im 21] haha cheers to beers and good GF's!
Old 04-16-2009, 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dyosis
A couple of weeks ago we had a car show here, which leads up to a main st. cruise. A buddy invited us to go to the cruise and kick it with him. I followed him out there and we parked and kicked it in the bed of his truck watching all the rides go by. Needless to say, alcohol was involved and my buddy and I got lit while my g/f stayed sober.

My g/f had to drive me home in my Z. She didn't want to take the highway so she stuck to the streets. As we were going down the road I noticed a late 70's Camaro (traction bars, big back tires, dual exhaust etc.) a ways in front of us in the same lane. I noticed he started to slow down a bit. I told my g/f play by play what was going to happen (lol).

I told her that he is gonna slow down more and jump over in the right lane. He did. I told her that he'll probably romp it some to show he's game. He did that too. I told her to race him but she only toyed with him a bit by romping it some. She ended up rolling down the passenger window and told me to signal him that she didn't wanna race, but the guy wouldn't look over.

I kept telling her that she's got this, but she wouldn't race the guy and ended up slowing down and getting behind him. That was a sad night, but at least I got to feel the power of my car from the passenger seat (where it always feels faster imo).

I give her **** every few days about it, but she said that she didn't want a ticket. Oh well, maybe next time.
Maybe she just didn't want to take a chance. How familiar is she with performance cars...and RWD cars in particular?

I mean maybe she just knows her limits or didn't want anything to happen and have the guilt that with her driving.

Can't fault her for that man. I'd give props for her having a good head on her shoulders if that was the case.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

My wife will throw rev's at anything that looks remotely interested when she gets a chance to drive one of the F-bodies. See knows how to get the Third-gen stalled up some, but leave a little bit left to flash with.

Maybe you should let her launch it a few times when nobodies around so she can get a feel for things.