Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

1998 Z28 vs dodge dumdumdumdum

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 06:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default 1998 Z28 vs dodge dumdumdumdum

So last night i was on the way home from the 1/8 mile track after it was post-poned due to some idiot. I was cruising along when this black with red dumdumdumdum gets next to me and i hear him down shift and he was LOUD(no exhaust tips coming out the back so maybe just a 3" down pipe). He wants to go from a 40 roll and knowing it's my dead spot i go ahead as long as we do a 50 roll.

Race 1 from a 40 roll: He honks it off and me being completely stock and auto with 3.23 gears he gets the jump, by about 80 i start to pull past him and get about 1 car on him when we shut if down at about 115.

Race 2 from a 40 roll: He honks it off again, but this time he goes when he should have honked the third time so i wasn't ready and i lost by about 1 1/2 cars.

Race 3 from a 50 roll: I honk it off and decided to do the same thing he did in race 2. I pull about 1 car on him at the end of second. We stopped at about 120 and i had about 1 1/2 cars on him

All in all it was a good night, don't get to many races here. I couldn't find out what he had since his he got off a couple of exits after our last race. The dumdumdumdum looked nice and sounded good too.

Hopefully i'll see him again when i get my LT headers and ORY on. I'm Saving up now for a stall and a cam.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

good runs! i just ran against one also no exhaust tips either. but i didnt win... missed my shift. but he said he had a "BIG TURBO" so ya... there def quick cars when modded up.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yea, i've always liked them. If i ever got a 4 cylinder it would be one of those or cobalt ss/tc.