Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

close race in the TBSS

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default close race in the TBSS

this was a few weeks ago but i forgot to post it up, i had to drive up to Delaware to get another ferret for my wife. and i took the TBSS because i hadnt had it out in a week or so. and my camaro is in the garage again. so im coming home and thought i'd grab some doughnuts for my 2 boys. as i was pulling in i saw these 2 guys in a jacked up ford truck talking to a couple hot girls, lucky, but i threw em a little rumble, not too much though. then when im leaving i see the guys rip across the parking lot, and realize its a diesel with some **** done to it. so i tear out of the lot after him. i reach him as he's merging onto the highway. i creep up beside him examining his ride, it had a monster exhaust, like 5-6 inches as far up as i could see, and i heard the turbo spool as he merged. it said BANKS power on the side, but to his disadvantage he had at least 36' swampers on it and like a 7' lift. so as i pull up beside him he nailed it and so did i but mine took a sec to downshift and we stayed even thru 2nd gear, then when i hit 3rd i started pulling away pretty easily. we did this a few times with the same result, once i let him get a roll on me and it took me to the top of 3rd to pull back past him. SOOOOOO im thinking if he didn't have the lift and swampers i might have lost. that thing was damn fast for a what 8k pound truck. and ******* loud as hell. he was cool too he complimented me on my truck and said he thought he was gonna beat me. i told him i had to wash my truck after he dumped all that soot all over it, then we went our separate ways
Old 05-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

Pretty quick truck to hang with your TBSS like that ... but you were faster! Good kill. When I had my old 94 5.0 I got raped on the way to Texas by a diesel with a Banks Sticker on the rear window.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

geeze yea he def has a good bit of power if he is giving you a run for your money with huge *** tires on and such and lifted. its amazing how much power those diesels can gain just using those tuners ect.