Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2005 CTS-V vs. late 90's TT RX-7 w/ upgrd turbos!!! frst kill or win?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 11:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2005 CTS-V vs. late 90's TT RX-7 w/ upgrd turbos!!! frst kill or win?

Ok, I had just gotten off work, went to a buddies house who wanted to check out the new car, so I desided to take him for a cruise around his naborhood and ended up on the service road of 121 in THE COLONY heading towards I35 and punched it! I look down and realized that we were doing 150mph so I slowed down and exited off and did a U-turn heading back to his house!

We had been driving for about 2 or 3 minutes when a very nice Blacked out newer model RX-7(not RX-8) with a fat *** cannon on the back pulled out onto the service road and took off! My boy was like "GET HIS ***"!!!! I sped up to cautch up noticed that he had seen me and slowed down and got in the far left lane to wait for me to cautch up to him!

I pulled up and slowed down enough to ware we were side by side and heard him drop gears and pulled back to my bumper! My boy screamed "nail it" because the RX-7 had launched! So I dropped her into 3rd, nailed it and stopped his pull and started to pull away from him! I had him by about 1 1/2 to 2 cars when I shifted to what I thought was 4th gear and ended up in 2nd I finally got her into 4th gear but he had pulled about 5 cars on me by then! The RX-7 was still running but I caught him after about 45 seconds to a minute! As soon as I pulled next to him he slowed down! and did a U-turn so I followed him! We ended up going into a lil naborhood and talked to the guy for a minute! He said that he was a TT with upgraded turbos, exhaust but thats all he would say! I asked him if he wanted to run again so I could get my 3-4 shift this time but he declined!!!

I felt like it was a loss because of my error but would have def pulled him if he gave me another chance!!! Im kind of pissed that he didnt want to go again!!!!

Short Story- Got her up to 150mph for the first time and "ALMOST KILLED AN RX-7"
Old 05-18-2009, 12:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn dude M6 FTMFL. . . sorry row dem gears!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
Damn dude M6 FTMFL. . . sorry row dem gears!

Lol, You lost me bro! What???

Atleast break me in on FTMFL???
Old 05-18-2009, 01:21 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Lol, You lost me bro! What???

Atleast break me in on FTMFL???
For
The
Mother
Fucken
Loss
=FTMFL

or

For
The
Mother
Fucken
Win
=FTMFW
Old 05-18-2009, 01:24 PM
12 Second Club

actually i thought it was for the mother ******* lose
Old 05-18-2009, 01:34 PM
TECH Addict

For
The
Mother
Fucken
Loss
=FTMFL

or

For
The
Mother
Fucken
Win
=FTMFW

I would have loved for it to be FTMFW!!!!!
Lol, He didnt even want to play with me anymore!!! I still thought that it would have been a funn *** race if it went my way Not that it wasnt fun
Old 05-18-2009, 02:44 PM
12 Second Club

I would have loved for it to be FTMFW!!!!!
Lol, He didnt even want to play with me anymore!!! I still thought that it would have been a funn *** race if it went my way Not that it wasnt fun
sounds like you woulda won it too if he had let you take another stab.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Addict

sounds like you woulda won it too if he had let you take another stab.
True that besides! I got you on the stand by with that ol chain strapped to a tree just incase haha.... j/k

I havent seen any kills from you in a while now!!! Seems like your stayin low key You gotta get that LT1 out from under the radar and kill a few LS1's

Flame suit ON!!!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Launching!

Sounds like there was something wrong with his car or he couldnt drive....a bolt on/tuned stock turbo FD Rx-7 is a low 13 high 12 second car....upgraded turbos should put him in a completely different league then your car. None the less nice race , those are very respectable cars when they are running correctly...
Old 05-18-2009, 03:14 PM
12 Second Club

True that besides! I got you on the stand by with that ol chain strapped to a tree just incase haha.... j/k

I havent seen any kills from you in a while now!!! Seems like your stayin low key You gotta get that LT1 out from under the radar and kill a few LS1's

Flame suit ON!!!!!
Well with the pending Reckless Driving Charge Court Case friday im tryin to stay low key until that is atleast cleared or i am charged. . . ****

But dont worry, the ole LT1 should be getting a rebuild/stroke/H/C/I all soon enough
Old 05-18-2009, 03:34 PM
11 Second Club

Mother ******, you have had this car for what, a month? And already racking up more races then I get in a year (when my car is running...fu Ben)! Good almost kill man. When the mods coming? I hear a new shifter for that car is the ****....might want to look into it. I just put a B&M in mine, and its pretty nice...need to do something to it though...anyway, look into one, MGW, or a pro 5.0. If you go with the 5.0, I have a ws6store.com short stick that mates up to the shifter, and it is nice and short, and with the nice 5.0 unit, shouldn't be too notchy.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
Sounds like there was something wrong with his car or he couldnt drive....a bolt on/tuned stock turbo FD Rx-7 is a low 13 high 12 second car....upgraded turbos should put him in a completely different league then your car. None the less nice race , those are very respectable cars when they are running correctly...

Correct me if Im wrong but I thought the RX-7 R1 was the fastest stock RX-7 made? They were also low 14 second cars to high 13 second cars! My car traps fast enough (106mph to 110mph) to put me in the mid to high 12 second range! The V's rear dif is what causes us to not run constant 12 second 1/4mile runs! So with that being said we are able to keep up with other cars that are faster at the track when talking about roll racing...

p.s. I love my car

Last edited by adanieljohnson1; 05-18-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
Mother ******, you have had this car for what, a month? And already racking up more races then I get in a year (when my car is running...fu Ben)! Good almost kill man. When the mods coming? I hear a new shifter for that car is the ****....might want to look into it. I just put a B&M in mine, and its pretty nice...need to do something to it though...anyway, look into one, MGW, or a pro 5.0. If you go with the 5.0, I have a ws6store.com short stick that mates up to the shifter, and it is nice and short, and with the nice 5.0 unit, shouldn't be too notchy.

I want a UUC SS w/ UUC bearings but will end up going B&M w/ the UUC bearings... It should run about $260 for everything!!!!

Oh ya! I tried an R6 on the way to my boys house! He launched from the light not expecting for someone to be on his ***!!! I saw him turn around and watched his eyes get HUGE!!! I new I scared the **** out of him so I backed off! Sorry R6 guy!!!!

Last edited by adanieljohnson1; 05-18-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:42 PM
11 Second Club

I want a UUC SS w/ UUS bearings but will end up going B&M w/ the UUC bearings... It should run about $260 for everything!!!!

Oh ya! I tried an R6 on the way to my boys house! He launched from the light not expecting for someone to be on his ***!!! I saw him turn around and watched his eyes get HUGE!!! I new I scared the **** out of him so I backed off! Sorry R6 guy!!!!
I don't know this UUC system...pm me a link?
Old 05-18-2009, 03:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
I don't know this UUC system...pm me a link?

PM sent!

And for anyone else that wants to check it out also!

http://www.lindsaycadillac.com/dsp_custom.cfm?id=53
Old 05-18-2009, 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

Well with the pending Reckless Driving Charge Court Case friday im tryin to stay low key until that is atleast cleared or i am charged. . . ****

But dont worry, the ole LT1 should be getting a rebuild/stroke/H/C/I all soon enough

Dude, Go to court in a suit and tie!!! Did the cop follow you or did you do a fly by on him??? If followed then get your lawyer to request the dash cam and see how long the cop was following you?? Also confirm with your lawyer that if you were followed for curtain # of miles then it should be considered entrapment!!!! Just an FYI! A law is different in different states but never hurts to check...
Old 05-18-2009, 04:46 PM
11 Second Club

Dude, Go to court in a suit and tie!!! Did the cop follow you or did you do a fly by on him??? If followed then get your lawyer to request the dash cam and see how long the cop was following you?? Also confirm with your lawyer that if you were followed for curtain # of miles then it should be considered entrapment!!!! Just an FYI! A law is different in different states but never hurts to check...
The cop was on a bike, and not even on the same road...he hopped on the road Ben was on cuz Ben had his cutout open, and had probable cause. Never radared him, and I don't think even tailed him.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:57 PM
TECH Regular

How did you go from 3rd to 2nd? damn...

It's too hard to tell if the RX would have had you in a clean race, you'd have to know A LOT more details about it.

In the meantime, practice rowing those gears man, ****.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:21 PM

Good race. You really love your exclamation point huh?
Old 05-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Launching!

Correct me if Im wrong but I thought the RX-7 R1 was the fastest stock RX-7 made? They were also low 14 second cars to high 13 second cars! My car traps fast enough (106mph to 110mph) to put me in the mid to high 12 second range! The V's rear dif is what causes us to not run constant 12 second 1/4mile runs! So with that being said we are able to keep up with other cars that are faster at the track when talking about roll racing...

p.s. I love my car
AH didnt realize stock CTSs trapped that high...in that case then yes you would be a good race for a bolt on/tuned 93-95 RX-7. Though still with upgraded turbos he should of been faster. The R1s made the same power but I believe weighed slightly less and handled a little better. Stock all 93-95 RX-7s were high 13 second cars trapping in the 102-104MPH range...bolt on and tuned they are 108-112MPH cars running high 12/low 13s.

P.s. Nice car