Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got real lucky

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got real lucky

Yesterday, my girl and I went out to get some dinner. Was in the turn lane to get on the interstate, and coming from the other way getting onto the on ramp was a bmw m3. Don't know anything about the car, it was black, definately had exhaust. Well he was hammering on it up the on ramp, so I decided to pursue him. Caught him at the top of the on ramp, think that's when he realized I wanted to play. We both took off passing some cars, was up to about 120 or so, had to slow down for traffic, he decided to pass the last car in the left lane on the inside shoulder. I was going to follow, but the car moved over to the right lane. Now we had open highway, I was running about 80, only downshifted to 4th, should of went to 3rd, but didn't need to. He was out on me because of passing that car on the shoulder, didn't matter, I reeled him in and passed him at about 140. Since I had open highway, I decided to run it out to about 155-160. Was pretty happy at that point for putting the smack down on the m3. A few miles ahead, the bmw exited, I waved, then looked in my rearview mirror. What did I see? A light blue impala, couldn't tell at first if it was a cop, I'm still running about 90 at this point. Well it was a cop, a county in a unmarked impala. He pulled me over. I was pretty worried, didn't know what he seen. He came up, was cool about it, took my registration and license. Went to his car for about 10 mins then came back and told me what he seen. He saw the whole thing, he was behind us from the beginning. Then he told me to be careful, and let me go with just a verbal warning. I think he was proud the american car put down a spankin. I know i'm very lucky, if the cop ever gets on this forum and reads this, thanks for not taking me to jail and impounding my car.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:05 PM
TECH Regular

You sir, are one lucky SOB.

Nice kill as well!
Old 06-07-2009, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

you should have played the lotto the same night.....lol.......you one lucky son of a gun
Old 06-07-2009, 11:10 PM
Launching!

thats a patriotic cop...
Old 06-08-2009, 08:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by R.E.double.D.
you should have played the lotto the same night
Thats the first thing my girl said when we pulled away. Figured I just used all my luck, so I didn't.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Passing cars on the shoulder is pretty stupid, man, especially at those speeds. I know you didn't because the road opened up but it sounded like you were going to. A lot of sand and random debris there that can send you spinning into a wall, a tree, or another car.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:31 PM
12 Second Club

wow

Cool cop, but I wouldn't count on that everytime
Old 06-08-2009, 03:48 PM
TECH Addict

Damn that's lucky, kinda reminds me of me though lol Ive had some luck with cops here & there too. 1 time i actually flew right by one lol I didnt see him at the stop sign because my friends car was in the way at the time i hit it lol