Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

An unexpected ass beating

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 12:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An unexpected *** beating

So im on my way home at about 10pm from doing some fishing with my friends, when a red 05-06 GTO (6.0L) passes by me. Sounds pretty stout, like a decent cam and exhaust of somesort. I get pretty excited cause I havent been able to surprise anyone on the street yet with the spray and thought this would be a good opportunity. I hit the remote opener for the bottle and hope the bottle pressure is good (It was a warm night so I figured i'd have pretty good pressure, even without the heater.) I tuck in behind and follow for a mile or so to see where hes going, the roads we were on were no good for racing. We come to an intersection and he signals for a left turn. This is perfect, its the same way im going and theres three lanes and no traffic. We get our green arrow and make the turn, we get around a few cars in front of us and its all open road in front I pull along side of him and were probably doing about 50mph I think. I was low in third gear (which didnt really help me) because 1st and 2nd are useless on the street with a nitrous hit, and my clutch is on its last limb, so I figure the less shifting I need to do the better. We both give a little blip and he takes off, we're both on it for probably 1.5 seconds and he shifts and drops to my back bumper. Then, out of nowhere, he starts pulling me like a rapped ape Now, I know im not the fastest thing out there, but the juice makes it pretty respecable. Im spraying a 150hp shot, getting ready to pull forth gear, and hes edging me out already. Im like WTF!! A big *** F350 dullie crosses the road in front of us so I jack up the brakes and the race is over, Im pretty sure I just had my *** handed to me. So... I need to know WTF just happened. I follow him past my turn and catch up to him at a light. He rolls his window down and Im just like, "damn man, that thing runs hard!! what do you got going on there." He comes back with, AHH, its got an APS twin turbo kit. I felt a little better when he said that, but still, I couldnt believe the pull that thing had. I dont know how much boost he was ruinning. but I was impressed none the less. I guess its time to save up for some boost of my own
Old 06-21-2009, 01:59 PM
10 Second Club

oops! sounds like your wanting to surprise someone and spray had a little backfire there.....sucks that it happened on the first attempt but nice loss none the less, shouldn't feel to bad.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:30 PM
TECH Regular

Nice death. I think the story is a whole lie though. GTO's are slow.LOL
Old 06-21-2009, 02:42 PM
On The Tree

Rough time to take a loss after just adding the spray, but it's nice seeing death stories... helps keep **** real around here.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice death! Now just mod up!
Old 06-22-2009, 07:56 AM

Good loss, nothing wrong with losing to a badass car!
Old 06-22-2009, 07:04 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks guys, Ive had the spray for about 6 months now, just havent had much opportunity on the street is all. I feel like the only time I drive my car anymore is when Im going to and from the track LOL. Im sure there will be more. But for now my next mods are a clutch, midwest chassis rear and drag radials. (and in that order)
Old 06-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Teching In

He sprayed on you.xD