Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed by a gt 700

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 11:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Random, but I would love to race someone with a Ford GT so I can just utterly strap it to the SUPERCAR. I find it funny that the Ford GT is slower than a C6 Z06, but since it doesnt have carpet or any creature comforts and cost wayyyyy much it is considered a SUPERCAR!!!! :rantended:
Old 06-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger Z06
Random, but I would love to race someone with a Ford GT so I can just utterly strap it to the SUPERCAR. I find it funny that the Ford GT is slower than a C6 Z06, but since it doesnt have carpet or any creature comforts and cost wayyyyy much it is considered a SUPERCAR!!!! :rantended:
Ever driven one? It is definitely a supercar. Also, there is no exclusivity with a C6 Z06. They look like every other Corvette in the world. Park a GT500 next to a Corvette and watch the 'vette disappear when people walk by. No one will even look at it! Here's how I know: LINK See that yellow C6? Everyone was hovering around the Ford GT all day. No one gave two ***** about a 500rwhp convertible C6.

I'm not knocking C6 Z06's. They are awesome cars too. I give credit where it's due.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by unit213
Ever driven one? It is definitely a supercar. Also, there is no exclusivity with a C6 Z06. They look like every other Corvette in the world. Park a GT500 next to a Corvette and watch the 'vette disappear when people walk by. No one will even look at it! Here's how I know: LINK See that yellow C6? Everyone was hovering around the Ford GT all day. No one gave two ***** about a 500rwhp convertible C6.

I'm not knocking C6 Z06's. They are awesome cars too. I give credit where it's due.
Okay so I am making the Limited Edition Series of Electron Blue Roger Edition Z06's ... They all come with black out lights, CAI, Short Throw Shifter, and HID's (That is what all of my last 3 EB Z06's had done) I declare it a supercar... What I am trying to say is just because Ford charged an outrageous price for a car that lacks in every area besides Rarity doesn't mean it should be considered a supercar.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Okay so I am making the Limited Edition Series of Electron Blue Roger Edition Z06's ... They all come with black out lights, CAI, Short Throw Shifter, and HID's (That is what all of my last 3 EB Z06's had done)
...and it will still look like every other Corvette in the world.

What I am trying to say is just because Ford charged an outrageous price for a car that lacks in every area besides Rarity doesn't mean it should be considered a supercar.
I get what you're trying to say. The problem with that is you have zero
experience with the car yet you think you know everything about it.
The fact of the matter is that you know nothing about it, but you think
you do. We base things off real world experience around here...not magazines, internet videos, etc. Ricers do that. Formulate your opinions
based on actual experience then let us know what you think. Thanks.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unit, The Ford GT was overpriced. A ZR1 looks just as good if not better any day of the weak, and people wont pass over a Z06 or a ZR1 all the time.

If we're talking about looks and rarity I'll take a Dick Harrell Camaro over any of those cars. PERIOD

Old 06-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Zac_Speed
and people wont pass over a Z06 or a ZR1 all the time.
Completely disagree with that, but that's cool.

If we're talking about looks and rarity I'll take a Dick Harrell Camaro over any of those cars. PERIOD
The Dick Harrell Camaro is pure sex for sure.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Launching!

...and it will still look like every other Corvette in the world.

I get what you're trying to say. The problem with that is you have zero
experience with the car yet you think you know everything about it.
The fact of the matter is that you know nothing about it, but you think
you do. We base things off real world experience around here...not magazines, internet videos, etc. Ricers do that. Formulate your opinions
based on actual experience then let us know what you think. Thanks.
werd... my buddies c6z makes over 560rwhp, and sits on 360 forged wheels. Gets alot of attention but NOTHING compared to something like a ford gt, even a gts viper for that matter.

I use to knock on the fordGT's until I rode in one. Cars are soooo badass, yea I get it the vette walks that ford gt, but the pure experience of riding around in one (both the performance and attention) will change anyones mind.

Not to mention the cars respond extremely well to mods. over 900rwhp on a mas air system.... ridiculous. Those cars are no joke.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SD_Silverbeast
700 ehhh? whats next GT10000 lol
lmfao
Old 06-27-2009, 12:08 AM
Launching!

Yeah i couldn't give a **** about seeing a C6 over a ford GT or even the 2009-10 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione that was cruising around here last week (it was badass btw) sure i coulda beat it but ehh yeah i'm still driving a 99 TA lol. If i wanna see a C6 or even c6z06 i'll just go cruise around on a friday night even in this small *** town there's a ton of new C6's and a handful of new z06's too.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

It's amazing that the only stereotypical classification to be a super car is straight line speed...dumb

I say if a car can accelerate 0-100 the decelerate to 0 in under 10 seconds...then its a super car...maybe if it holds more than a lateral G on the 200 ft skidpad on radials...what if it runs over 70 mph in the slalom...dude just cause you like the C6Z doesn't mean it trumps all others...the GT moves...AROUND a track, just the way it was designed to do. IT'S A MID-ENGINED CAR!!!

Yes, i've driven one and even though i'm a bit biased, I would give it my hot-damn award any day of the week.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lazylongboarder
I would give it my hot-damn award any day of the week.
Agreed!
Old 06-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Launching!

It's amazing that the only stereotypical classification to be a super car is straight line speed...dumb

I say if a car can accelerate 0-100 the decelerate to 0 in under 10 seconds...then its a super car...maybe if it holds more than a lateral G on the 200 ft skidpad on radials...what if it runs over 70 mph in the slalom...dude just cause you like the C6Z doesn't mean it trumps all others...the GT moves...AROUND a track, just the way it was designed to do. IT'S A MID-ENGINED CAR!!!

Yes, i've driven one and even though i'm a bit biased, I would give it my hot-damn award any day of the week.
And if you got the money for a GT most likely you have money to mod it

Like this guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhSdviSGsJc
Old 06-28-2009, 04:14 PM
9 Second Club

I beg to differ. Your speaking from personal preference. I honestly do not like the looks of the Ford GT. They are fast yes, but they look very odd in my opinion. And the interior: Yuck! I'd take a ZR1 vette over that thing anyday, I don't care how exclusive they are.

Man would I do anything to own one of these!

Last edited by ARCTIC '00; 06-28-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

most lambos, porsches, ferraris, ruf's, the S7, cant 0-100-0 in under 10 sec. they almost all slalom over 70 and clear 1g on the pad.

gets my hot damn award too but i feel for the price tag it is lacking in performance and creature comforts. very fast and very cool but overpriced for what it offers. even a cheap plastic interior would do a great deal of good. ive driven a GT and a new ZR1 and dollar for dollar id take the vette, less attention but more comfy and visually presentable, IMO

*edit- the S7 0-100 is 6.5 sec so maybe, but you get the idea, cant find breaking times or 0-100-0 specifically

Last edited by CarsandWomen; 06-28-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:36 PM
TECH Addict

Dan here is 100% correct on his entire post. The GT is just so much superior to the C6Z06 in many different aspects. From the way it drives, stops, accelerates (breathlessly at any speed I might ad), handles better than anything I've ever driven, and gets so much more recognition on the road than any Corvette all add up to the supercar status. It may be on par with the Z06 as far as acceleration, but around a road course shows its true strength. Once that Z06 hits 5th gear the GT will FLY past it.
Not to mention I believe there is a 10:1 or 20:1 C6Z06 to FGT ratio on the road, you just never see them. If you ever get a ride or get the opportunity to drive one, then you will understand why people call it a true super car.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Dan here is 100% correct on his entire post. The GT is just so much superior to the C6Z06 in many different aspects. From the way it drives, stops, accelerates (breathlessly at any speed I might ad), handles better than anything I've ever driven, and gets so much more recognition on the road than any Corvette all add up to the supercar status. It may be on par with the Z06 as far as acceleration, but around a road course shows its true strength. Once that Z06 hits 5th gear the GT will FLY past it.
Not to mention I believe there is a 10:1 or 20:1 C6Z06 to FGT ratio on the road, you just never see them. If you ever get a ride or get the opportunity to drive one, then you will understand why people call it a true super car.
It was such a great super car that they raced it in the SCCA. Oh wait, they didn't. It never beat the C5R/C6R or was capable of being in the same class was it? Why, the Chassis of the C5/6 vettes is much better, especially a C6Z or ZR1.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:18 PM
9 Second Club

Dan here is 100% correct on his entire post. The GT is just so much superior to the C6Z06 in many different aspects. From the way it drives, stops, accelerates (breathlessly at any speed I might ad), handles better than anything I've ever driven, and gets so much more recognition on the road than any Corvette all add up to the supercar status.

Fanboyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

It may be on par with the Z06 as far as acceleration, but around a road course shows its true strength. Once that Z06 hits 5th gear the GT will FLY past it.

Are we comparing the $100+k Ford GT to the Z06 . How does it stack up against the ZR1? With a six figure price tag and a supercharger to match i'd think it would be a more suitable comparison.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00
Fanboyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

Are we comparing the $100+k Ford GT to the Z06 . How does it stack up against the ZR1? With a six figure price tag and a supercharger to match i'd think it would be a more suitable comparison.

The GT would still draw more of a crowd. It looks like and performs like an exotic. The ZR1, while a badass car, is still just a Corvette. Two different types of cars with a different mission. The GT is a showcase of what Ford thinks is an exotic and the ZR1 is a showcase of what the Corvette platform is capable of. They are both awesome cars but in a contest of curb appeal the GT wins hands down. I would like to have both of them. I think that is what Unit is saying. But like he said unless you have hands on experience with both you really don't know what you are talking about.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:42 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
The GT would still draw more of a crowd. It looks like and performs like an exotic. The ZR1, while a badass car, is still just a Corvette. Two different types of cars with a different mission. The GT is a showcase of what Ford thinks is an exotic and the ZR1 is a showcase of what the Corvette platform is capable of. They are both awesome cars but in a contest of curb appeal the GT wins hands down. I would like to have both of them. I think that is what Unit is saying. But like he said unless you have hands on experience with both you really don't know what you are talking about.
Well if that's the case, End of Discussion.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00
Well if that's the case, End of Discussion.
im not positive but, i know sarge had a GT that he sold, not sure about the vette, i think that would be his department anyway. Unit too