Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bad ass SS takes a 430rwhp Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 04:51 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Owner of the Cobra chimed in over at SVTPerformance and left his 2 cents...

Why the heck is this video being posted everywhere! I just got done posting on the supraforum!

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED.

I was NOT going out to race anyone, me and a few of the camaro guys were just driving down the bridge. Then Dan (red camaro in the video) got up next to me. I just met him that day and he seemed like a cool guy. He is the one who asked to race, it was JUST FOR FUN BECAUSE WE KNEW WHAT BOTH OUR CARS WERE MAKING. At the time I was making 440rwhp 422rwtq and I knew that he was almost at 600rwhp with a 2.73 gear specifically for highway racing. BUT THIS WAS JUST SUPPOSED TO BE FUN. I wasn't even shifting fast at all, I was just cruising because I knew you would kill me no matter what I did, so I figured this would be a cool video for YOU to have.

Thats what I get for being nice. And the comments at the end are FROM MY PASSENGER. I dont know why he was all suprised, but he was the one saying all that crap. Not me, I knew what the outcome would be, I didn't want to race, I just did it to give you cool video of your car. I wasn't making excuses, I didn't say one word in the video, I had a good time during the race, it was fun to watch you. But I guess you had "other" plans for that video. You know, there are KB cobra's making 600rwhp on the stock motor running our our area, so I am not sure why you had to post this video on every forum.

I just go out to Tampa to hang out with friends, I only race if someone comes up to me, I don't go looking for races, I don't like to.

Because this is my daily driver, I am not able to do the KB yet, but I hope to sometime. But now I am making 452rwhp 466rwtq with pulley/chip/exhuast/intake. So sorry if I let you guys down. But this wasn't supposed to be posted, this was just messing around, it was my camera. I didn't have to let my friend tape it, and I didn't have to email it to you Dan. I guess thats what happens when I just try to be nice. I could have got all pissed and deleted the video on my cam, but I didn't, I thought we both new it was just a for fun race and it was only for our ( you and I) veiwing pleasure.

2003 Cobra -- FLUIDYNE Heat Exchanger, UPR, Bassani X-pipe/catback, Pro5.0, Eibach springs, caster/camber plates, MM IRS bushings, Recaro Sport Seats, custom CCW Forged 18x9.5'', 18x11'' rims, 335's on the rear
Old 11-18-2003, 05:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i do understand his post, but like juicedss said, it was for fun, so i see no harm done on this site. just a little *** kickin.
Old 11-18-2003, 05:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Cobra owner sounds like he's choking up quite a few ricer excuses.

"You know, there are KB cobra's making 600rwhp on the stock motor running our our area"

GHEY. If he knows he woulda gotten spanked he shoulda just said that and not the whole "I wasn't really racing" thing.
Old 11-18-2003, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

nice kill!!!

Out ran a highly modded Supra last night from 60 to 180. He was in total disbelief that he could not catch me. It was awsome.

Now that I would like to see.... any video of it?

be careful on that stock bottom end cause I only got 5 days on my h/c/n20
till my motor blew. But then again it was from a bad injector. I was looking all over for a kenny bell 03 cobra but couldnt find one out here in the bay. Your car would be a really good match with a KB 03!

Old 11-18-2003, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Link isn't working anymore, unfortunately. Could anyone send me the video? It would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 11-19-2003, 07:08 AM
TECH Junkie

It's a boring video anyway, your not missing anything good!
Old 11-19-2003, 10:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

hahahaha, chris what are you doing this weekend?
Old 11-19-2003, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WICKED SS
nice kill!!!

Now that I would like to see.... any video of it?

be careful on that stock bottom end cause I only got 5 days on my h/c/n20
till my motor blew. But then again it was from a bad injector. I was looking all over for a kenny bell 03 cobra but couldnt find one out here in the bay. Your car would be a really good match with a KB 03!

1. No video of this, but I would have loved to see it to. There were some guy's behind us that were trying to tape it, but honestly could not keep up anough to get any footage.
2. Unbelievably, my stock bottom end has held together with this kind of abuse since Feb. I am at this moment considering retireing it in favor of a forged short block. Most likely from Futral.
3.The video is was taken down at my request, as I felt like a complete *** for letting it get out with out the Cobra owner's permission. He is a stand up guy, and didn't deserve the bashing he received on the internet, because this was a "just for fun race". It only made for a funny video, but got blown out of porportion because it was hijacked and posted all over the net. I apologized to him privately and in public on the SVt Board, and do the same here.
4.I would love to run a KB03 here, just gonna have to wait till the bottom end is forged. You can trust me when I say I will spray the livin #%$ out of it then....
Old 11-19-2003, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

JuicedSS262
I hear you,

so what did that Supra have, a single if so was he on stock fuel, race gas?

Its always fun pulling a supras with the juice from a roll cause most of the time they think there gonna pull cause its from a roll.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so what did that Supra have, a single if so was he on stock fuel, race gas?
He had nawwwssss.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

It's a big single turbo. I do not know all his mods, just that he is one of the fastest in this area.
Old 11-19-2003, 02:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

oh well good kill with that one also!
Old 11-19-2003, 05:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BigBronco
hahahaha, chris what are you doing this weekend?
Not totally sure yet, the wife might be going out of town. PM me if you are in town.
Old 11-19-2003, 05:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

yeah i will be in, im tryin to free up either fri or sat, so ill give you a PM tomorrow or friday, and im calling 25 friday.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:21 PM
TECH Resident

While I sort of understand the 03 Cobra dude's angle, you are either racing or you are not.....PERIOD. There is no "kinda racing" or "sort of racing" of for you more literate folks...."somewhat racing"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's my take on it anyway.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FLYNLO
While I sort of understand the 03 Cobra dude's angle, you are either racing or you are not.....PERIOD. There is no "kinda racing" or "sort of racing" of for you more literate folks...."somewhat racing"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's my take on it anyway.
the only time in sorda race is when i granny shift to just keep ahead of a 5 point slow .... not arguing samantics just trying to make a humerious observaion.
yeah thats kinda my thing too... eather its on your not... yeah there could be cheap shots taken but if your set up is that much better and i worth bragging about the cheap shots wouldent matter.
im just sorry that a friendly run turnd out bad for yo juced... thats no fun.
Old 11-20-2003, 07:14 AM
TECH Junkie

5 point slow huh...........granny shift to keep ahead huh..........LOL