LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Street Racing & Kill Stories (https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories-36/)
-   -   Close run with built Civic (https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories/1139303-close-run-built-civic.html)

Juicy J 06-26-2009 06:07 PM

Close run with built Civic

So... there is a guy I work with that is into Honda's. We have been talking about running for a while, and we finally got to have a run. We lined up at 30mph, and were both struggling pretty bad for traction. We were pretty even through 1st. I pulled maybe a fender on him in 2nd, and he was at my back bumper at the top of 3rd when we shut down. Real close race with a nicely done Honda. Honda's aren't my thing at all, but I can give respect where its due.

I am going to do my best to remember all his mods, but its been a long time since he told me. He has a built B16 with 9.5:1 compression, and I believe he has a 50 trim turbo at 17psi (I am pretty sure that is correct). Its a real clean Civic. Black, lowered, wheels. Its just simple and clean.

I have a 2000 Camaro. My mods are MS3 cam, LS6 intake, 42lb injectors, LT's and TD's.

Does the result sound about right?

01ws666 06-26-2009 06:34 PM

Either of you have any 1/4mi. times? You should be mid to high 11's with your mods. Even though it was a close race I bet your car looked and sounded a hell of a lot better doing it Than that civic! Any fast car does deserve some props but civic's are turds, You can make a turd fast if you shoot it out of a cannon but... Its still a turd! Next time get some DR's and race him from a dig... Front wheel drive FTL!
Oh and one more thing I tell all honda drivers when they think their fast "Racing a honda is like racing in the special olympic's, even if you win your still retarded! Haha!

Juicy J 06-26-2009 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by 01ws666 (Post 11820674)
Either of you have any 1/4mi. times? You should be mid to high 11's with your mods. Even though it was a close race I bet your car looked and sounded a hell of a lot better doing it Than that civic! Any fast car does deserve some props but civic's are turds, You can make a turd fast if you shoot it out of a cannon but... Its still a turd! Next time get some DR's and race him from a dig... Front wheel drive FTL!
Oh and one more thing I tell all honda drivers when they think their fast "Racing a honda is like racing in the special olympic's, even if you win your still retarded! Haha!

I would be happy with high 11's, and that seems to be the time an average driver gets with some good tires with my mods. I had all the money for an S60 saved up, but helped buy the GF an Audi instead. Now I have to start over saving my money. I have broke enough 10 bolts to know Sumitumo's are about all the 10 bolt can handle.

Nitroused383 06-26-2009 07:12 PM

We have some quick turbo hondas in the area. One of them is running a ebay setup and he's ran a 10.8 @ 137mph. Don't want to run into him on the streets haha.

Johnnystock 06-26-2009 08:25 PM

Some are freakin fast because theyre gutted like an empty cardbox and they put decent power. Its cool that you got him!! MS3 power baby!!

DJ_Seph 06-27-2009 12:35 AM

There's a guy around here that has a 9sec street Civic.

violent_celerity 06-27-2009 05:34 AM

nice kill op... around here theres one 10-11 second gutted civic for every 15 17 second turds.. its annoying, theres no way to tell... 4 cyl cars sound almost the same whether 100 hp or 400 hp..

big hammer 06-27-2009 06:56 AM

lol @ civics even if they're fast

JayplaySS 06-27-2009 11:39 AM

I'm not a Civic fan but you really do have to give credit where it is due and that sounds like a sick little Civic.

Juicy J 06-27-2009 12:10 PM

I think that it would be a pretty cool little daily. It gets bad ass mpg, and could put a hurtin on a lot of cars. I just wanted to make a correction, he has a 57trim, and 9:1 compression.

USArmyZ28 06-27-2009 12:48 PM

You only have a MS3 cam and LS6 intake? No headers atleast?

Juicy J 06-27-2009 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by USArmyZ28 (Post 11823611)
You only have a MS3 cam and LS6 intake? No headers atleast?

re read the first post

USArmyZ28 06-27-2009 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Juicy J (Post 11823637)
re read the first post

Ah see it now, good kill man

LS2 KLR 06-28-2009 08:54 AM

Is this Jose's civic that makes 425whp? -black on black civic hatch done up right. I ran him maybe a month ago. He usually has his buddy devin with him filming. I know he has alot of races posted on youtube, mainly lsx kills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX2GO899IZY

Juicy J 06-28-2009 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by LS2 KLR (Post 11826899)
Is this Jose's civic that makes 425whp? -black on black civic hatch done up right. I ran him maybe a month ago. He usually has his buddy devin with him filming. I know he has alot of races posted on youtube, mainly lsx kills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX2GO899IZY

No, This guys name is Greg. That Civic would have destroyed me.

Do you by any chance know a guy named Matt Krill? He used to talk about a guy named Joe(?) that had a turbo'd 2v with flames on it. He had a pewter turbo 2v.

lazylongboarder 06-28-2009 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by DJ_Seph (Post 11822144)
There's a guy around here that has a 9sec street Civic.

Gay gay, still gay. My mom can burn out in her '91 Accord but she still doesn't consider herself cool.

And for the record! IF (big if) i do get beaten by a front wheel drive anything ever...i'll get out and still shake the fag's hand.

ScreaminRedZ 06-28-2009 01:39 PM

Good race! One of the fastest cars I've ridden in is a Civic. I have no problem with them as long as they are clean.

ScreaminRedZ 06-28-2009 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by lazylongboarder (Post 11827880)
Gay gay, still gay. My mom can burn out in her '91 Accord but she still doesn't consider herself cool.

And for the record! IF (big if) i do get beaten by a front wheel drive anything ever...i'll get out and still shake the fag's hand.

Wow, what a guy :eyes:

LS2 KLR 06-28-2009 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Juicy J (Post 11827652)
No, This guys name is Greg. That Civic would have destroyed me.

Do you by any chance know a guy named Matt Krill? He used to talk about a guy named Joe(?) that had a turbo'd 2v with flames on it. He had a pewter turbo 2v.

I know matt very well and yes I'm joe. I actually thought the civic was gonna rape me and was dreading the race. I am only at 7lbs and figured I was only making around 400rwhp or so. With his big weight advantage I thought I was screwed. I only agreed to race him if he promised a rematch once I cranked up the boost so I could get my nuts back.

We raced several times from digs and various rolls with me pulling easily each time. After a few other races I think I'm more at around 500 on 7lbs.

Juicy J 06-28-2009 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by LS2 KLR (Post 11828218)
I know matt very well and yes I'm joe. I actually thought the civic was gonna rape me and was dreading the race. I am only at 7lbs and figured I was only making around 400rwhp or so. With his big weight advantage I thought I was screwed. I only agreed to race him if he promised a rematch once I cranked up the boost so I could get my nuts back.

We raced several times from digs and various rolls with me pulling easily each time. After a few other races I think I'm more at around 500 on 7lbs.

I hear ya. I was kind of scared to race this Civic because of all the hype.

I'd like to see the car Matt always talked about. It looks like a pretty bad car. Matt was talking about dropping an LQ4 or something like that in his Mustang.