Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Lost to an MX3 Video

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lost to an MX3 Video

It was in my GTP, after a few months of trying to figure out how to get my GTP running again i broke the chip in the key . Anyways i got it running yesterday and had my tune alittle off an lowered my boost i didn't know i was going to race anyone. Well someone asks if i wanna run this MX3 i was like ok i guess i wasn't really wanting to but i wanted to see what the GTP could keep up with. I knew the MX3 ran 13.3 @106MPH which isn't bad at all.

Since i haven't driven my GTP in awhile we went from 45mph and i didn't take off correctly i should have brake boosted alittle or atleast hit the gas before go was said, he jumped out a few carlengths quick and i couldn't make up the difference. I did even out his pull before we shut down at about 120mph maybe started to slowly gain but we ran out of road and i don't like taking the GTP up that high anyways. I was going to run again but earlier while i was messing around with my tune i was getting some knock and i had not fixed that yet so i didn't want to over do it. I had also lowered the boost down alittle my tranny isn't taking the power to well and it's slipping bad between shifts. But i'm happy i know the GTP can atleast keep up with a low 13 sec. car, which i think is decent for making the turbo kit myself outta spare parts haha.

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvPkcOtnQ20

He says he wants to race the TA now lol i'll be sure to get a video of that too i don't know if he thinks he has a chance or not, but i told him alittle different rules on that we go from below 30mph or a dig no 60 roll bullshit.

Last edited by 89tang; 07-09-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:41 PM
TECH Resident

How much boost are you running? Open downpipe?
Can't wait to see the next vid!
Old 07-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Launching!

My boost gauge was reading about 13-15psi but i dunno if it accurate i only have a 10psi spring in the wastegate. And no open downpipe, off the turbo it goes to 3" piping all the way back to stock modified mufflers. All that noise is his car in the video it sounds like **** lol. But my turbo kit doesn't perform like the one on your GP did i think it's the design on my crossover or my downpipe, it's lacking somewhere and i just don't have much interest to fix it lol.

Everyones telling me to put my boost back up and tune the car again and rerun him with the GTP.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:56 PM
TECH Resident

Hell, that's not bad for a home made turbo kit!! Intercooled?
I bet you spent way less then I did. Lucky.
I had a zzp intercooled set up with a stalled built zzp tranny and 1.9 rockers.
Lots of money, but it sure was fast!
Old 07-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1gt2nv
Hell, that's not bad for a home made turbo kit!! Intercooled?
I bet you spent way less then I did. Lucky.
I had a zzp intercooled set up with a stalled built zzp tranny and 1.9 rockers.
Lots of money, but it sure was fast!
Yup ebay intercooler, and i have about 1100 bucks in the kit cause i had to buy a new turbo, all together with the 1.9's an exhaust prolly about 1400 bucks. But i didn't build it to race it i just built it to have a turbo GTP lol. I had it modded with the SC, 1.9 pulley w/methonal injection, headers, 3" exhaust, 1.9's i had it running mid 13's around 102mph with those few mods. I just wanted to try something different
Old 08-18-2009, 11:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

worn out motor
Old 08-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Banned

nice race... sounds like a fun car you got there. Maybe ill see you around...