Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

650 Beemer -v- the sad old fangled LT-1... but we still BEAT HIS @$$!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 08:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 650 Beemer -v- the sad old fangled LT-1... but we still BEAT HIS @$$!

Headin' to grab some take-out and I saw a 650 BMW across the intersection turning our way; I get the light and throw a quick blast just to clear the first couple of cars... and to just throw the hammer... when I get up to the next light, I see the Beemer coming up and it pulls into the turn lane next to us...

I've heard that these cars were major trouble, but I figured that the driver would be the usual 60 something, with little interest...

But what do I find sitting in the ****-pit? A 20 something; and it's clear that he saw us strike it up and he's got that look... You know the one, where he's about to take the F-body down... in a show of European automobile superiority...

At this point I'm REALLY wishin' that I had saved some juice... but the bottle's drained and what ever is comin' is going to have to be handled on the NA...

So the light turns to the green arrow and Dude pops right out... he's clearly goin'... but he goes WAY deep and its right there that I knew I had him.

I cut it close to the inside which provides for me to be geared up in my kill zone, rev wise... on the other side. He actually throttles up first and manages to pull along side before I can bleed off the lateral sufficiently to nail it without a lot of 'scare the crap out of the straights' OKA the: Find a cop, drift-manuever... anywho, as I said, once on the other side, I was in perfect shape to bust it open on 'im and to everyone's surprise, we put two cars on in no time... at which point we had closed on the traffic and it was over.

LOL... when that kid came by me, he was looking dead at us with his eyes big as saucers... but he had a big old smile on his face...

He motioned to say he wanted some more, but it was 5:30, traffic was B2B and there was just no future in it... Naturally, he proved me right by making a general *** out of himself trying to blast through the next four or five cars... so any lingering doubts that we should pursue it, faded back into the ether right there.

ROFLMNAO.. I tell ya, taking down the 6 figure European rides is what it's ALL about kids... they flat can't BELIEVE IT; but they also can't deny it; and to be honest... that's my favorite part.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Teching In

nice kill man. how much horse are you putting down with that cam setup??
Old 07-16-2009, 09:30 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lambaro2806
nice kill man. how much horse are you putting down with that cam setup??
Thanks... I Don't know what HP we're laying down... Haven't had it dyno'd since it was stock and that was just one pass on a trailer that a shop used to bring by the track from time to time... That pull showed 235/249... My guess is somewhere in the 350-375 neighborhood... At least that is what some of the bracket guys at the track have surmised, just based on the weight and the ET/trap.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:13 PM
TECH Resident

A 650 BMW isn't a 6 figure ride even if it is an M6, and that would have given you all you want.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JamRWS6
A 650 BMW isn't a 6 figure ride even if it is an M6, and that would have given you all you want.
M6 is a 6 figure ride.
Unless you really think you are going to be paying invoice on a luxury sports car.... and in that case, it's going to be a couple grand under $100k
http://autos.yahoo.com/2009_bmw_m6/

http://www.newcars.org/cars/bmw/m6.asp
Old 07-16-2009, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OVA1
Headin' to grab some take-out and I saw a 650 BMW across the intersection turning our way; I get the light and throw a quick blast just to clear the first couple of cars... and to just throw the hammer... when I get up to the next light, I see the Beemer coming up and it pulls into the turn lane next to us...

I've heard that these cars were major trouble, but I figured that the driver would be the usual 60 something, with little interest...

But what do I find sitting in the ****-pit? A 20 something; and it's clear that he saw us strike it up and he's got that look... You know the one, where he's about to take the F-body down... in a show of European automobile superiority...

At this point I'm REALLY wishin' that I had saved some juice... but the bottle's drained and what ever is comin' is going to have to be handled on the NA...

So the light turns to the green arrow and Dude pops right out... he's clearly goin'... but he goes WAY deep and its right there that I knew I had him.

I cut it close to the inside which provides for me to be geared up in my kill zone, rev wise... on the other side. He actually throttles up first and manages to pull along side before I can bleed off the lateral sufficiently to nail it without a lot of 'scare the crap out of the straights' OKA the: Find a cop, drift-manuever... anywho, as I said, once on the other side, I was in perfect shape to bust it open on 'im and to everyone's surprise, we put two cars on in no time... at which point we had closed on the traffic and it was over.

LOL... when that kid came by me, he was looking dead at us with his eyes big as saucers... but he had a big old smile on his face...

He motioned to say he wanted some more, but it was 5:30, traffic was B2B and there was just no future in it... Naturally, he proved me right by making a general *** out of himself trying to blast through the next four or five cars... so any lingering doubts that we should pursue it, faded back into the ether right there.

ROFLMNAO.. I tell ya, taking down the 6 figure European rides is what it's ALL about kids... they flat can't BELIEVE IT; but they also can't deny it; and to be honest... that's my favorite part.
This kill story represents the TA ram air hood and huge wing on the camaro in your sig. At least the punctuation is descent..
Old 07-17-2009, 12:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gaunt
M6 is a 6 figure ride.
Unless you really think you are going to be paying invoice on a luxury sports car.... and in that case, it's going to be a couple grand under $100k
http://autos.yahoo.com/2009_bmw_m6/

http://www.newcars.org/cars/bmw/m6.asp
+1 BMW M6 is the upper class BMW figure ride

and that would destroy the OP hands down. except if if the OP making anywhere around 420rwhp

that thing run side by side with nissan GTR
Old 07-17-2009, 12:12 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by chavez885
This kill story represents the TA ram air hood and huge wing on the camaro in your sig. At least the punctuation is descent..
That's funny

Nice kill none the less.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:08 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by raysadude
+1 BMW M6 is the upper class BMW figure ride

and that would destroy the OP hands down. except if if the OP making anywhere around 420rwhp

that thing run side by side with nissan GTR
LOL...

Funny thing... this slip is a run between a brand spankin' new GT-R (Right Lane) and that T/A Hooded, Winged Z...

Not his best pass... I've seen him cut 7.5s...

And I agree that the M6 is a speedster... and a beautful car in all respects, but... don't discount the power of that wing... and when ya add that to the HOOD... anything's possible.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:12 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by chavez885
OH... don't ya just HATE it when that happens?
Old 07-17-2009, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

No comment (which is kind of ironic since that is a comment in itself).

I think everyone knows what I'm thinking anyway.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:47 AM
Staging Lane

LOL...

Funny thing... this slip is a run between a brand spankin' new GT-R (Right Lane) and that T/A Hooded, Winged Z...

Not his best pass... I've seen him cut 7.5s...

And I agree that the M6 is a speedster... and a beautful car in all respects, but... don't discount the power of that wing... and when ya add that to the HOOD... anything's possible.
How do you only cut a 2.0 60ft in an awd car?
Old 07-18-2009, 07:14 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci
How do you only cut a 2.0 60ft in an awd car?
My guess is T/C on... tryin' to keep from voiding your ridiculous GT-R warranty.

I'm sure everyone is up to speed on THAT trainwreck...

The question is how can a company tout a machine as a 'SUPER-CAR' after they spec' it with a glass transmission; and expect to be taken seriously?
Old 07-18-2009, 09:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My guess is T/C on... tryin' to keep from voiding your ridiculous GT-R warranty.

I'm sure everyone is up to speed on THAT trainwreck...

The question is how can a company tout a machine as a 'SUPER-CAR' after they spec' it with a glass transmission; and expect to be taken seriously?
I was under the impression we had glass transmissions AND rear ends from the factory?
Old 07-18-2009, 09:47 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by whytryz28
I was under the impression we had glass transmissions AND rear ends from the factory?
Well I guess that's relative...

If you haven't heard the horror stories that these guys have suffered, you probably won't believe it until you read the threads...

By comparison the 4l60 and 10 bolt are impenatrable bunkers of dependability.

First, Nissan requires the buyers of the GT-R to sign waivers which detail a litanny of warranty voiding No-No's... Not the least of it is 'racing...' (Uh huh...) When they take the car out of TC (all of which is written to the PCM memory) it apparently stresses the AWD-train... if it breaks; which it is prone to do... the warranty is VOIDED! Which sounds bad, until you find out that the fix cost $20,000...

You might say... well screw it then, I'll just have the tranny re-built... Nope... They won't sell parts... if you want your brand new GT-R fixed... you'll need THEM to put a NEW tranny in and that's $20,000...

If you miss your multiple thousand dollar 'service interval'... you void the warranty... and so on.

It's all the makings of a JOKE... and I suppose is a joke, uless you happen to own one of those things.

An aquaintance owned one and sold it within a month or so of delivery...

Here's what she said in an e-mail she sent me from a discussion we had about their experience...

Originally Posted by Shell's Email
Here is that vid Mike. It's awsome and I watch it all the time for a reminder of what we almost went through and what we went through buying that damn thing. Yes you have to sign like 3 pages of stuff before you can take it from the dealer and yep...sign it and get out of there to drive that damn piece of ****. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOAXJTTc__w
Old 07-18-2009, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by whytryz28
The stock T-56 is an extremely stout trans. Plenty strong to hold over
a 1,000rwhp. The 4L60E isn't as tough, but it's enough to run 10's with
for a long period of time. The stock 10 bolt is capable of holding for
quite a while too. Lots of guys run 10's with the stock rear end. Usually
they have an auto trans though since the converter eats up some of
the shock to the drive train that a manual produces when launching.
Considering that 4th gen fbodies only made around 300-320rwhp, GM
actually overbuilt the trans and the rear end IMO. These cars were not
designed to make 800hp.