Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'01 Z28 versus New Edge Stang

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '01 Z28 versus New Edge Stang

Yesterday afternoon, I was cruising down the interstate enroute to an appointment, when the 2-valve GT came up on me. I wasn't going to bother with him, but three things led me to reconsider. First, he was very loud....obnoxiously so. Second, he looked over at me and laughed. Third, he revved at me. I then swung over into the passing lane behind him. We were passing a couple of other vehicles, and there was one car in front of him. I initially got right up on him, to let him know it was on, then I dropped back to what I thought was a safe distance. I had already decided I was giving him the hit when the car in front of him got out of his way. At the time I jumped on mine, he was probably about 6 or 7 cars in front. I was actually really surprised how quickly I reeled him in. I could have passed him, but I didn't feel the need. I jumped on the brakes before slamming into his back bumper, and then simply coasted down to the speed limit. He then proceeded to flick me off, non-stop, for a little over a mile, until he turned off onto a side road. It was my first race with the new set-up, and I was pleased with the combo's performance.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you know what kind of power you are making?

Btw, good kill, always nice to hurt someone's feelings when they are a *****.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:15 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=Swift_01_z-28;12077120]Do you know what kind of power you are making?

I don't know yet. Right now I'm running on the mail order tune that Vengeance provided me with when I bought the heads/cam package. I have an appointment scheduled for a dyno tune in Gettysburg, PA on August 28. One of the sponsors will be in town that week to do it. I'm curious myself to learn what this combo's putting to the tire. I'm also anxious to see how much we can improve upon Vengeance's tune.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool. I hear great things about vengance. I am looking around for my cam as we speak, and have been giving them some consideration. My car will be cam only w/ 150 shot. I am curious to see what kind of power you make and if you can really improve their tune very much as well.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not saying you wouldnt' have destroyed him, but if I got 6-7 lengths on someone, I let off. No point in going further.

Nice kill though....I'm sure your car kicks ***. Got any times?
Old 08-16-2009, 03:04 PM
10 Second Club

A little puppy kicking, but that puppy deserved it good kill OP. I'm sure you sent him home.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i guess thats a kill? its definitely a win, since you pissed him off big time haha. my city is full of punk *** kids in their new edge's with some form of cat back and 90% of them think because its a V8, its the fastest thing on the road. just a young, cocky group owning these cars in my city. there is a few[very] nasty new edges though, sop i dont lump all stang guys together. unfortunately, this group of punk *** kids are starting to afford fbodies as well ignorance has no brand loyalty
Old 08-16-2009, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Swift_01_z-28

Btw, good kill, always nice to hurt someone's feelings when they are a *****.
word!
Old 08-16-2009, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Nice win. Are you located in PA or are you just going to Gettysburg to get the car tuned? I'm in Mechanicsburg, about 15 mins from Harrisburg.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Not saying you wouldnt' have destroyed him, but if I got 6-7 lengths on someone, I let off. No point in going further.

Nice kill though....I'm sure your car kicks ***. Got any times?
I was following about 3 or 4 lengths behind him, then he nailed it. By the time I realized he had jumped on it, and I kicked mine down, he was out to 6 or 7, I would guesstimate. The damn thing was so loud, when we were both WOT, I clearly heard his exhaust over mine!
No times yet. Just got the car put back together last week. Getting it tuned next Friday.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99Zeeeeeeeeee28
Nice win. Are you located in PA or are you just going to Gettysburg to get the car tuned? I'm in Mechanicsburg, about 15 mins from Harrisburg.
Thanks. I'm in PA, about a half hour south of Pittsburgh. Gettysburg's about a 3 hour drive for me, but I like to take a little road trip every now and then. I've been to Gettysburg numerous times, and I like that area, so it'll be a nice way to spend a day.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Swift_01_z-28

What does it matter? It was a 2v SOHC GT.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
What does it matter? It was a 2v SOHC GT.
I am more interested in what kind of power he is making with his setup, not because of the car he raced.