Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Some More Races From Last Night (friday)

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Some More Races From Last Night (friday)

this is a little breakdown of some races last night. i have most of them on video, which i will post sometime this weekend. first race of the night was against 91 coupe mustang. he was runnin a 306, stock bottom other than forged pistons, cam, injectors, and what looked like a 70mm turbo. it was intercooled as well. he also had a c4 w/trans brake with a bolt together convertor which he said stalled about 3k. the halfway first run was from a first gear roll through second. we both hit, i spun bad, he spun a little. i pull him and shifted into second and pulled a little more. i asked if he wants to run again and he says no, his engine/turbo is heat soaked. i cruise around a little while longer and run into some people i know, and they say that they're heading out north to port road to do some racing. this is where people go to run from a dig and where people like me go to put on a spin fest. on the way out there, im tailing my buddies sin and mike, sin has a supra with a built single turbo 2j puttin down 630whp, and mike has a '96 240sx with a 2j and a single ebay special turbo puttin down prob 500-550 whp, anyways they want to run and i wanted to play too. unfortunately, these hwy runs were not recorded. the hwy is 4 wide so there is plenty of room. we line up side by side from a second gear roll, 40ish, i hear them both start brake boosting, so i know its about to be on. i hear honking and right at the third honk i hit it and immediately put a car on them. i hold them off through second, short shift into third so i wont stick the clutch pedal to the floor, middle of third sin comes past me and then mike follows. by the time the run is over sin has mike by 3 and mike has me by at least 3. this happened two more times to 140ish with the exact same outcome. i had no inkling of a thought that i could beat, let alone hang with them, but it was fun none the less. if i had it on the bottle with 150hp pills in it, i think it would have been another story. we end up getting out to the spot and there are quite a few people out there. 3 gto's, buddies c6, 02 z28, 06 mustang gt, 03 cobra, srt-4 "skittle", a couple other rides, and "excited to see" the turbo mustang. all of the following runs were ran from a dig. my first run was against the turbo mustang. we line em up, flagman drops and we hit. i spin like a ************, he launches out on me pretty hard with his good old tranny brake and drag radials. at about 90 i start to reel him in but the race is over before it happens. everyone wants to see round two so i line up. he doesnt, cause of his so called "heat soak" . my buddy in his c6 wants to run. his car is stock other than exhaust system and tires. we line em up, and the same thing. i spin my ***** off and he launches out on me. i start to reel him in and he lets out. next, i line up against the 02 z. he has lt's, cam, rockers, auto w/2600 stall, x-pipe w/dumps and a very good tune. arms drop and once again, i spin but not as bad. i tried to launch a little softer and it worked somewhat. i pulled out on him and held him off the whole time. by this time it was 2:30 a.m. and i am beat. my buddy in his c6 decides to head out with me. we hit the hwy together and decide to have a little fun. first run, we run from second on a third honk and i leave him and keep pulling like i should. he claims i jumped, but i say i had a fast reaction time . second run, i think we are going from a second roll again, we light em up and he pulls me i reel em in to at least a car then he shuts it down. he actually started in first and i was in second. last race we both hit from first, i spin but still hold em off. we run till about 150 and we shut it down. very good night, very good races. win or lose. videos should be up tomorrow. by the way my car is a 02 z28 ls1 m6, stock bottom end, 224 on a 112 cam, tsp 5.3 stge 2.5 cnc'd heads, rockers, ls6 mani/tb, slp mass air, cai to match the ss hood, lt's, no cats, no o2 sensors, full magnaflow exhaust. stock trans, stock rear, BONE STOCK TUNE/COMPUTER. if i would have been on stickies it would have been a much differ story on all the races.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:08 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds like your car runs strong for being untuned.
Nice races.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i still dont get how you dont have o2's and you still run decent. good kills. hope the vids look good.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol dude you need a tune and rearend. Good runs
Old 08-22-2009, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WSsick
i still dont get how you dont have o2's and you still run decent. good kills. hope the vids look good.
i know. i dont get it. i think it runs in speed density mode? dunno?
Old 08-22-2009, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

it would be a world of difference with a tune i bet.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:22 AM
11 Second Club

That turbo mustang is it a green colored notch . If so it runs mid to low 12s Its a pretty strong car from the dig.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

hey billy, yeah it is. i found out i know the car. it use to belong to kit leuong. when he had it it went as fast as 11.40's if i am not mistaken. the current owner said he has had in the 11.60's on drag radials? if that car would have been on slicks i would have had no chance.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:32 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah that car is a ***** its had nitrous super charger and now turbo. When i seen it run low 12s it was spinning. Its a real clean notch and the guy is not a typical mustang owner.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by billymz28
Yeah that car is a ***** its had nitrous super charger and now turbo. When i seen it run low 12s it was spinning. Its a real clean notch and the guy is not a typical mustang owner.
are you talkin about kit the asian dude or the goofy toothless white dude with a mohawk?