Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

How is the Street Racing in other cities????

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How is the Street Racing in other cities????

Here in Houston Tx. they have really tightened there laws up here so now is hard to watch any Street Racing...Its now at the track here which is a bit safer IMO. How is it in your City??????? Post up Guys as I was just curious......
Old 11-24-2003, 10:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BADZ
Here in Houston Tx. they have really tightened there laws up here so now is hard to watch any Street Racing...Its now at the track here which is a bit safer IMO. How is it in your City??????? Post up Guys as I was just curious......
A lot tighter everywhere... they're really cracking down. I race on the street about 1/8th as much as I used to. Which doesn't really make a difference to me, I have a local track. I have never raced in an organized contest on the street, and probably never will. Too much risk.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not that bad here in Lexington. I think im faster than all the police though, they are all retards.

WeS
Old 11-24-2003, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Street racing is not even an option in Lubbock unless your an idiot or very, very cautious.
Used to be pretty much public races on "the drag" every Saturday night until one car lost control and hit someone watching:
Now 1 cop stationed every 1/2 mile or so(cop/civilian ratio is unreal),theyre close enough to not miss any powerful cars running! And a plethora of "fake racers" scattered through town at night just to entrap you. Seems like the amount of cops quadrupled overnight and keep growing.
You can race if you wipe your *** every day with four leaf clovers!
Old 11-25-2003, 12:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

I really don't its its that bad here in southern TX. There are still Illegal street races held outside of city limits.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:51 AM
STF Veteran

Got a local track, and another opening next season. The cops around here are also on high alert. Always on the prowl, especially at the roving local hang outs. Very precautious on the street. If there's two or more muscle cars around, especially cruising, there'll be one waiting, they get word somehow.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea, its not bad here in ltown as wes said, and yea, we can prob out run the cops, but not that damn motorola....mostly ricers around here though, everyonce in a while u get a worthy opponent
Old 11-25-2003, 09:13 AM
STF Veteran

Onebadz and Hoss we need to go in together and buy some land and make a track to race on. I bet we could make a killing if it was a 1/4 track since the closest 1/4 is a hour and a half away.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:59 AM
STF Veteran

i don't even know what the street racing is like around here. the only place where i KNOW it goes on, is actually right here in my office park, and on the road running next to it... late at nights on weekends.

call me paranoid, but there is no way i'm street racing next to where i work. just not a good idea. although i would go just to watch maybe.

question, it's not illegal to WATCH street racing, is it? i'm just afraid that some cop is gonna go apeshit and arrest everybody at a street race with a fast car before i can prove i didn't actually DO anything. "trans am at a street race? gotta be guilty!" maybe i watch too many movies.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

in STL its the same old same old. there is one stop downtown that we can sit and make some runs, then the cops just run use off (never got in trouble there) but like around the strip in south county is a joke. pretty much street racing died in st. louis when that damn movie came out
Old 11-25-2003, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

detroit... nuff sed
actully on the out skirts of detroit its as tight as a dolphis ***.. but theres usualy a **** load of action right in the heart of d-town. mainly because the cops have better things to do than bust street racers.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:12 PM
Launching!

We got about 6 good places to watch street races in the Bay Area Ca. In Oakland its all old school muscle the thugs don't take kindly to rice. Police don't bother us either, they will actually sit on there cars and watch sometimes. Crazy huh?
Old 11-25-2003, 12:19 PM
STF Veteran

DAMN CUDAEH!!! seem just like yesterday you were a little behind me on the Posts.......you need to stop whoring around
Old 11-25-2003, 12:39 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by EvilStang
DAMN CUDAEH!!! seem just like yesterday you were a little behind me on the Posts.......you need to stop whoring around
Yeah he has posted about 300 times in the last week
Old 11-25-2003, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

sorry solw week girls away at colledge my firends all are working there asses off im left doing nothing better than playing on the net at work and home work at home.. lets face it bs on this sight is the only free thing to do with our cars (other than the free modds) i guess i just need a life... or a hobbie that doesent caust $..... or both
Old 11-25-2003, 12:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

i say both, and houston had a bad *** street scene, but the cops are really busting down, but it is ok! we still have some of the best cars in the nation! and more f-bods than you can count!
Old 11-25-2003, 03:45 PM
Staging Lane

I live in ashland KY there are about 4 choices of different places to go within an hour drive. some places are mostly daily drivers filled with 5.0's, but there is one place (Tulsa Highway) where the more serious racers go, I'ts awsome to just go watch, there are lot's of guys that bring in trailed cars. I would love to be able to drive my car in there and clean house but it would take a ****** fortune. Oh well mabye someday.
Old 11-26-2003, 03:46 PM

Yeah, sometime ago I use to be at every street scene until they cracked down on it but now there will be one every now and again but lately its been at the track...It use to be good but those days are over....
Old 11-26-2003, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BADZ
Yeah, sometime ago I use to be at every street scene until they cracked down on it but now there will be one every now and again but lately its been at the track...It use to be good but those days are over....

you dont go to the right places come out to the south side every once and a while fri. night sat. night and sometimes on tuesday nights just ask around..
Old 11-28-2003, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

we can all agree F&F ruined it for everyone