Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

drinking and crashing

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy drinking and crashing

It may not be an ls1 but my buddie trashed his 97 dakota 360 5-speed the other day after a night of drinking, shooting pool,& talking **** about each others cars. it's not uncommon for any of us in our little group to have a few beers and drive home but this just goes to show that sooner or later it will catch up to you. Just thought I would share this with you guys since noone was talking about anything worth a ****.
Old 11-25-2003, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn, that blows, im always doin **** like that too, but ill drive the beater if i do
Old 11-25-2003, 05:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here- whenever I drive under the influence, it's in my Exploder. I'd never take a chance on totaling the z28. Usually I never drive anyhow, though.
Old 11-25-2003, 05:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

no doubt man, i have seen too many drunk driving recks. just not worth losing my life or taking some one elses while doing that. sometimes you have to weight some beers against your life.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

as much as i drink (and you all know i do ..... alot) i will not put a passinger or another person on the road in danger.. im glad hes ok and dident hurt any one.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah, drunk driving really is never a good Idea. HOSS, that sure looks red from here...
Old 11-26-2003, 08:00 AM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by MillaTK
HOSS, that sure looks red from here...
LOL
Old 11-26-2003, 12:46 PM
STF Veteran

My mom almost lost her life in an accident involving her, the driver she was with, and a train. The driver damn near walked away. My mom, on the other hand, died twice in ICU, almost lost a leg, and lives with metal rods in her arms and legs. Took her half a year to learn to walk again.

I guess you can see where I stand on that issue.
Old 11-26-2003, 07:32 PM
Launching!

i learned my lesson back when i was 18. i bought the SS after i graduated high school and had it only for 3 months until i went out drinking one night. it pissed me off so much. i was getting some tacos at jack b4 going home and i was pulling out of the drive through getting on the main road and i decided to light my tires up. before i went to the parking lot to eat. i lit em up, busted a 270 and started in the driection of where some kids were standing. i freaked out cause i didnt want to hit them and i over corrected a whole 180 degrees the opposite direction and was headed straight for a building across the street. i slammed on the brakes but it was too late i slammed up the curb and into the brick side of the building. i was like fffffffffffffuck. i got out of the car and kicked the front end and all the kids came over to see what happened and asked if i had been drinking. i said yes so then i chucked my beer over this fence next to jack and hauled *** out of there leaving my car behind. i was 400 yards away before the cops showed up. i felt i would get a hit and run felony if i didnt go back so i went back to see if i could talk my way out of it. didnt work and they hauled me to the drunk tank down town san jose for the night. it royally sucked. after that i never drink and drive cause it screwed up my life for a while. i had the funest times in the car when i was shitfaced and maching it around everywhere. im glad i learned my lesson w/o killing myself or anyone else.
Old 11-26-2003, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

Cars do seem to be funner when you got a buzz especially when your smokin, I lost my 94 Z-28 to a bottle of Jack Danials it sucked sooooo bad I'm lucky that's all I lost. I'm still paying for it though @ 165.00 a month for insurance! It's a small price to pay considering what all I could have lost. My girlfriend/wife/ex-wife was riding with me and if I would have lost her I would never have my little girl which I love more than any car on earth. moral of the story = don't be stupid.
Old 11-27-2003, 09:09 PM
7 Second Club

Your friend should consider himself lucky.I have had 5 people close to me killed by drunks in the last 13 yrs.All innocent people victimized by irresponsible drinkers.We a had a case in Ohio where two drunks went left of center and killed each other,poetic justice IMO.If just one person does'nt drink and drive due to your post it will be a positive.