Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS1 Z28 vs. Civic Hatch vs. 5.0 Fox body

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 09:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Z28 vs. Civic Hatch vs. 5.0 Fox body

Driving home from the car meet tonight. Go to get off the road to turn on the highway and theres a civic hatchback infront of me. We get infront of the cars infront of us and he's slowing way down, so i slow down with him. My damn window motor still doesnt work so i couldnt talk to the guy, but i know who he is, he knows a guy that i knew in high school that goes to the meet with us. Not really sure whats done to his car, but it's got a fart can and i know it's turbo. We slow down to about 45, i give the honks and we take off. He gets a slight jump, but when he goes to shift to third i started walking past him at a pretty good rate. I let off at about 120 with about 4.5 cars on him. I slow down and let him drive past, and next thing i see is a blacked out fox body with some huge *** tires on it, never seen this guy in my life. He gets up next to the civic and slow it down, i didnt hear em honk but they took off at the same time, me chasing. The fox body got him by about a car when they let off. so the civic slows down to let me get next to the fox body. We slow down to about 50 and i give the honks, he gets the jump and misses a gear. So i slow back down to him and we're at 50 again, letting traffic in front of us clear up. Once traffic is about a half mile up, i give the honks and we go. We were mirror to mirror until he shifts and i start pulling away. I let off at about 110 with him at least 4 cars behind. Good to finally race some worthy cars.

This all, of course, happened on a closed road in mexico
Old 08-30-2009, 11:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Nice runs in a short period! So the turbo civic was a good match for the Fox
Old 08-30-2009, 11:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
Nice runs in a short period! So the turbo civic was a good match for the Fox
Yea i would have liked to see more runs from them. They kept pretty even but let off too soon i think.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:29 AM
Teching In

Probably just a h/c/i fox.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

same thing i was thinkin. Only people who have tried me so far are an altima and neon, so it was good to run people who have real work done to their cars.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:57 AM
Teching In

Where are all the people with work done to their cars down here? I never get to run anyone like that.D:
Old 09-01-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's a hard find on the freeway. Alot of people around here buy fast cars for looks and to show off a little bit but never want to run them. Want everyone to think they are hardcore drivers so bad that they don't race in fear of losing. If you lose, take your L and find out what you need to change. Simple as that. Alot of times you can find people at the sunday night car meets tho, but i never go looking for races. I'll play around a little on the highway if it's safe(good weather, low cop activity, little to no traffic), but in my opinion if you go looking for races then youre just asking for trouble
Old 09-01-2009, 02:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJ_Seph
Where are all the people with work done to their cars down here? I never get to run anyone like that.D:
atleast up here in phoenix there are more cars. Where I am from......nothing. I hardly got runs in when I was stock, let alone now.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

yea i'm sure by the time i have some serious work done to this thing, i'll have my associates degree and from what i've heard, i will most likely be relocating. Oh boy if i end up in somewhere like houston, i heard the racing scene down there is INSANITY
Old 09-01-2009, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

Or head on over to Seattle: between Boeing, Microsoft, and all the Biotech firms there are exotics up the ying yang out here. Rarely will they run me in my GTO for some reason, but I've yet to see one drive by a LS1 Camaro and not try to egg them on. I've seen two F430's, 3 Porsches, 2 newer M3's, and a Gallardo all throw revs at Camaro's while I was around. But only 1 M3 and a F430 would try me: M3 lost, F430 had no room to do more than quick jumps before traffic settled in... I have yet to race a LS1 Camaro- they dont want to play :scratchhead:
Old 09-02-2009, 12:20 AM
11 Second Club

I was in Lacee for about a week, and never saw that **** lol. The summers are the **** up in SEATAC.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:32 AM
Teching In

Think it's time to move back to Texas. People race for the hell of it there. Hell some of the cops will even race you.