Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Another round of "Post Your Worst Death"

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 02:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Years ago when i first bought the camaro there was a spot in Sun Valley, California that some from so cal here may know about. Glenoaks blvd. at Peoria every friday night cars would assemble at the gas stations just down the street and wait for midnight. Everyone would then line up "Fast and Furious" style (no ****) parked perpendicular on glenoaks and people would go at it. After about 4 runs i realize i've got the fastest car out there, and i'm walking all over people. So of course on my high horse i'm calling anyone out and show boating. Decided to give them the BIGGEST smokey burn off they'd ever seen, clouds of smoke every where, every one is cheering, i'm feeling great.

All of a sudden "ONE TIME!!!" "5-0 5-0!!!" The lapd cruiser had pulled up from a side street using the smoke screen i created to pull up right behind me. So here i was, went from the fastest car out there, to a dead damn stop waiting for 200+ cars to scatter so i can find a way out. You've NEVER seen an 1969 VW Bug move that damn quick in your life. It is amazing how fast people can actually drive when there is a set of red and blue lights in your rear view mirror. Dudes draging their girlfriends to their cars, people falling all over eachother, a spectacular display of adrenaline and stupidity. The cop shut the lights off, backed up, and drove away. From my understanding, they had done that every single friday night. Lapd would pull up, scare everyone off, and leave.

That was the last night I ever went there. Street races has been going on there for 50 years, and the cops did the same thing every time, pull up, scare them all off, and leave. Everyone would then reassemble at the gas station wait about a half hour, and race for another 15 minutes before the cops showed up again. A couple weeks later they finally shut it down once and for all. Two kids decided to kill eachother on that same street on a different night, prompting the city to finally do something about the street racing. I'm sure they still race out there, will just never be like it used to be.

So what was killed? First off my ego, then my bladder, and one of the best street racing scenes in so cal.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

this is when i had a 89 240sx my senior year in hs (last year) i figuerd driving a one ton truck with 33's to school wasn't very gas efficent so i picked up an 89 240SX for 350bucks...ran like a chammp had decent 15'' enkei's but body wwas junk...anyways...drivin home from school one day and smoke fills the car...pull over in about 5 minutes the car burnt to the ground lol...what got killed...the car...
Old 12-26-2003, 05:36 PM
Launching!

just replaced the rearend in my ss, went from 3.23s to 3.73s. I was out just riding around, I saw an orange 98 GT
I pass him, he acts like he's not interested. I made a right hand turn, and i noticed he followed. as soon as we get straight he nails it. I spun in first, feathered the pedal, and the car shifted to second. he's ahead by about half a car. I start pulling up even and instead of shifting into third it starts bouncing off the rev limiter. I let out of it and try to get back into it, back into the rev limiter! F*ck it! I stay into it by the time it shifted he was about a car and a half on me. I started reeling him in hard, then he let out of it right before I passed him making it look like I was doing a big assed ricer fly by! damn 4l60E!
Old 12-26-2003, 06:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by n2o2go
just replaced the rearend in my ss, went from 3.23s to 3.73s. I was out just riding around, I saw an orange 98 GT
I pass him, he acts like he's not interested. I made a right hand turn, and i noticed he followed. as soon as we get straight he nails it. I spun in first, feathered the pedal, and the car shifted to second. he's ahead by about half a car. I start pulling up even and instead of shifting into third it starts bouncing off the rev limiter. I let out of it and try to get back into it, back into the rev limiter! F*ck it! I stay into it by the time it shifted he was about a car and a half on me. I started reeling him in hard, then he let out of it right before I passed him making it look like I was doing a big assed ricer fly by! damn 4l60E!

Someone needs tuning
Old 12-26-2003, 06:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ss rally red
Someone needs tuning
yeah and I need to replace the solenoids. looks like I've got some work for the upcoming shop day. might as well do a shift kit and the tranny cooler.
Old 12-27-2003, 01:24 PM
Teching In

raced a bike dont know what kind. but we get on the highway and we were looking at eachother for a bit waiting to go the we do a split to pass a truck and we i get infroint on the truck all i see is the bike flying bye at about 25-30 mph faster then i was going. i hit 3rd and he just kept pulling wow i think i lost. he had like 5-6 cars on me with out breaking a sweat. ive never lost that bad to anything. [i know i should have just let him go though he had a hell of a jump start ] im just happy it was a bike. when i caught up he looked over and spead off.
Old 12-29-2003, 03:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ive got two under my belt of worst beatings...both in my 98 supercharged v6 s-10 at the time of both kills it was 14.1-13.9 second capable on nittos...1st was at the track against a late 70's caddy with a buick turbo motor...didnt relize it at the time till after he ran a 12.0@112ish to my low 14 lol as I was looking over at this beater looking car I was thinking to myself man I wouldve loved to ran something competetive...the he proceeded to blow my doors off lol second was coming back from doing some gtech runs with my truck after i had headers and a 3" catback put on against a lightning...this is probably mid 2000 so it was an earlier one we went from a 40mph roll i have a stick so just threw it in 3rd which wouldve put me right in my powerband at around 4000rpms and he just pulled away from me like i was standing still very humbling.

lata
Bill
Old 12-29-2003, 07:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Lost to a Bullitt, don't we all...