Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Played with 03 mach 1 in my 99 TA

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Played with 03 mach 1 in my 99 TA

Well last week i went over to the ford dealership to check out the mach 1 they have. Its a blue 03 with a 5 spd. It just so happened that my sisters x-bf works there now. So he let me take it for a test drive. It felt damn close to my TA and only thing i have is a spec 2 clutch and pro 5.0. No Power mods at all. I jokingly asked him to bring it out that night and race me. And he said ok, i will tell my uncle i am taking it tonight . Well it turned out his uncle owns the dealership or somthin like that. So later on we meet up with some friends and we cruise out to where we normally run. Now keep in mind this kid has a 91 5.0 with cam and bolt ons that is suposed to run low 13's. So he is not just some goof that cant drive. We line the cars up and take off with both of us taking off nearly exact. i am tryin to keep the tires from bustin loose and he puts me at his back bumper. I go to 2nd and spin a little more then as soon as i hook i am inching on him, i go to 3rd and am still inching. Half way through 3rd i was even with him, went to 4th and put about 1-1.5 cars on him by 110. We decide to go to a different road since the road we were on has a dirt road that turns onto it so it was kinda sandy and we couldnt hook. We line up and take off at the exact same time and are even, i hook better this time and put him at my back bumper by the top of 1st and go to 2nd and hes about 1.5 behind, i go to 3rd and am still pulling, it ended up being about 2-2.5 cars by 110 in 4th. So we get back and decide to run from a 50 roll, thats a pretty good mph for my car. We hit it and i start to pull, i go to 3rd and hes half car back. Go to 4th and by the top of 4th hes 2-2.5 cars back again. I shut down at 120mph. He said he was shifting around 6300 on all the runs. So the mach 1 is a damn good runnin car. It was alot of fun. It gave me the best run so far on the street besides some old long haired goon in a black z06. The best i have ran is a 13.7@105, i cant get the 60 foot down. I think after the mach has a few more miles on it it will hang better. It has a little over 500 miles right now. I think it was some kind of show off car or somthin before the dealer got it. So i think i am goin to get to modding, that is after i figure out what the hell is wrong with my clutch now. Sorry it was so long. But it was alot of fun. Later guys.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

hey bro. nice run my boss juss bought a 03mach1
we can't really wait to run them on the track. we cant mess around
here in cali, cuz its been wet as hell..
Old 12-23-2003, 01:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I hear, the Mach1s are pretty good drag cars, better than the 03 cobras. In fact, all 03 Cobras are gay. Especially black ones in Michigan owned by guys named Dan who moderate the lounge and street racing section.

Good kill!
Old 12-23-2003, 01:44 AM
pdd
TECH Veteran

cool story.
Old 12-23-2003, 07:34 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice runs. Those Mach1's are strong runners. Vs. a stock Ls1, it's a driver's race.
So, camaro, which gay Cobra driver is it that we must be weary of?
Old 12-23-2003, 07:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Super Mario In fact, all 03 Cobras are gay. Especially black ones in Michigan owned by guys named Dan who like little boys named Mario

Kinda what I was thinkin.....
Old 12-23-2003, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 12-23-2003, 09:30 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't believe this ....

haha, just kidding. Nice kill.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kill man, the mach1's are pretty damn sweet.

Wes
Old 12-23-2003, 11:31 AM
STF Veteran

Nice kill, smartass! Can't wait to get one of those under my belt!
Old 12-23-2003, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont know fords and i could give a rats ***, but i thought the mach ones only came in autos??
Old 12-23-2003, 04:20 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WicketMike
i dont know fords and i could give a rats ***, but i thought the mach ones only came in autos??
No. you can get them in a 5 spd or an auto. From what i understand the Auto is considerably slower then the 5 spd. The one i ran was a 5 spd. So i am happy for now. Besides the fact that my Clutch is Fucked cause of some redneck who thought he was a pro mechanic and didnt torque my **** down to spec and it is all fallin apart now. But anyway. Thanks guys
Old 12-23-2003, 09:20 PM
11 Second Club

They are formidable, but wait til I see one here in Palm Beach County....no mercy rule intact!
Old 12-25-2003, 10:43 PM
Teching In

The Mach 1, I know a guy who has one of those...OH! That guy is me!

I appreciate the kind words everyone has given the Mach 1. I half expected to read something about how Fords suck, but I read posts from car enthusiasts that appreciate good competition from "the other side". I'm apart of the Mach1Registry.com and its a great site filled with similar speed freaks. We've got a guy who has run high 12's in his Mach 1--the only mod he has is drag radials. We also have some autos that are running high 13s and a few people in the 14s. The 14 racers should get better times as they gain track experience though. I haven't had a chance to run mine yet, but after about 1500 miles I've felt it grown noticably looser and stronger all around. I'll be at the track this spring sometime. Oh yeah, the Mach 1 is a better than the cobra at the drag strip. I don't mean times, but the combination. It has a soild rear axel instead of the wheel hop prone IRS of the Cobras. The Cobras are an extremely formittable machine at the track though; it'll send a stock Mach 1 running if the tires hook.
Old 12-26-2003, 06:35 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by loveOliver
The Mach 1, I know a guy who has one of those...OH! That guy is me!

I appreciate the kind words everyone has given the Mach 1. I half expected to read something about how Fords suck, but I read posts from car enthusiasts that appreciate good competition from "the other side". I'm apart of the Mach1Registry.com and its a great site filled with similar speed freaks. We've got a guy who has run high 12's in his Mach 1--the only mod he has is drag radials. We also have some autos that are running high 13s and a few people in the 14s. The 14 racers should get better times as they gain track experience though. I haven't had a chance to run mine yet, but after about 1500 miles I've felt it grown noticably looser and stronger all around. I'll be at the track this spring sometime. Oh yeah, the Mach 1 is a better than the cobra at the drag strip. I don't mean times, but the combination. It has a soild rear axel instead of the wheel hop prone IRS of the Cobras. The Cobras are an extremely formittable machine at the track though; it'll send a stock Mach 1 running if the tires hook.
Welcome!
You'd be suprised as to how much we know about Mustang capabilities!
We do field research...
Old 12-26-2003, 08:45 AM
STF Veteran

I've found that this forum is, for the most part, filled with speed freaks, not fanboys. A lot of people have owned several cars in the past (or own several now), and while there is obviously a heavy bias towards GM products, you'll find a little bit of everything sprinkled around. We've got several current mustang owners (including our shittalking admin), and several former mustang owners. We've got guys who have owned imports as well. All in all It's a very good mix of people who know their **** about cars in general, who just have a bias towards the camaro, the trans am, and the vette.

I've always said that: "A car guy is a car guy, he likes cars. A fanboy is a tard, he likes to believe that his car/fantasy car is the best piece of machinery ever made and nothing else can compare."

Someone else said that: "There is always someone faster."
It pays to know who that someone else could be.