Old 02-16-2010, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah those G8's are badass! Gotta love L92 heads and L76 intakes
Old 02-16-2010, 10:06 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MaroMan
Ive beat the viper from a roll. It needs a driver mod no doubt about it.

Viper ran 12.7s i believe with a 2.4 60 foot im running 13.0s with a 2.4. Take it to the street and its a little different.

The G8 is a pretty bad car, set the record for fastest bolt on and is looking to set the record for fastest cam only.

Anything we say should be taken as a joke because thats what we like to do.

And to Sticks and Stones, thanks for the kind words and trust me, If its not during the day and not a dig race, me and the g8 hardly run. So look forward to many videos this summer of all day races.
Actually I wish you guys lived closer because most of the cars around here all have there dirty little secret!! LOL
Old 02-16-2010, 10:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
MaroMan and G8dave: You guys come across as some good guys my age group (39) that just got back into modding cars. Probably had some experience in the past with cars and are now back into it (like myself). Then you run into internet veterans and all around wise asses like StopSign32v and to a lesser extent Odarabla.

I see whats happening and know the frustration you are feeling, so here's the down low on this board: (and most other GOOD boards you will come across, like LS1GTO.com)

First thing first: StopSign and Odarabla are generally correct and some true street racing veterans who know quite a bit about all cars. StopSign in particular. However much I dislike him online, I gotta admit that his breadth of knowledge surpasses mine. If they are telling you something aint gonna happen; it most likely aint gonna happen.

Always check yourself and research before taking the carrot they innevitably dangle infront of you: because they normally have some data or real world experience to back it up- if not actual video evidence.

Second: They are as fallible as the next man, and as opinionated as any person you've probably ever known. Opinionated people get used to spouting off and it leads to arrogance and innaccurate advice sometimes. Sometimes. And for the record, pride aside, I have to admit I'm in that category, too.

Thirdly: You have the freedom to completely ignore them. Don't fall for there bait and they generally will keep from flaming a questionable thread. They've been around forums enough that they only take the "high hanging fruit" which in this case is guys like you and me who get into a indepth argument that they twist and lead to a different conclusion that you will not like when its upon you: exactly like where this thread is going.

Last: IT IS a LS tech board, but don't get turned off by all the pessimists who are allowed to thrash on guys who love LS powered cars and dislike other brands.

There is at least half a dozen guys on here who only own a competing brand -Mustang, SRT8, various imports- and post up on a regular basis whenever there brand is mentioned. It's a good thing. Seriously. Took me a few months of being pissed off about all the non-LSx guys on here before I accepted it. No regrets. However nice it is too have guys that pat you on your back over everything you say, it's not gonna help the hurt when you get stomped by a ... lets say, 98 Viper, after you assured everyone (including yourself) that you could take it. Which leads to the inevitable "It musta had nitrous!" or "there's something wrong with my tune" type self doubts or justifications. RICER justifications. Don't become one of them!

It's best to keep it realistic and have multiple platforms represented. After all, this isn't some nutswinger SVT board where they ban guys for arguing that Cobra's arent invincible is it? Or a import board where you call BS on a kill and they insta ban you because you don't own one of there sacred rice rockets?? Like alot of these guys, been there, argued that, and been banned.

Conclusion: Stick around. Lots of good guys that lurk around and come in with usefull info and out of the blue kill stories. You guys got some nice rides and WE ALL are looking forward to you future videos and races!

PS: Know how to tell StopSign believes he will lose an argument if he questions something? He wont post in the thread. Not even a "Good Kill" comment. --- yeah, I got your number StopSign. Of course, it's also advice everyone else could use. Including especially myself!

Welcome to the board, and looking forward to some more great daylight videos of your races! Too many nighttime vids that are impossible to make out what is really happening....
Wow ^^well said^^ those instructions should be a sticky in this section!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I tried reading this but couldn't make sense of it. I just like to have a good time here. I'm not here to make trouble! Promise.
I couldn't understand that part either. I think he was saying your a dick, bro.

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Don't talk to anyone like this. This is your warning.

There is a joking "allowance" between friends here but you have none, yet.

For everyone else, lets keep it up a level.
Well done Jay, way to school a newbie.

Well if you do decide the annual fee for my fan club is only $50. Act before Feb 28th and you get an extra $20 off. Something to think about...
Do I get my fast ford discount?
Old 02-16-2010, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey-ah Guys.

Looks like some fun was had in here.

I could smell the ignorance from the Lounge. LOL
Old 02-17-2010, 06:28 AM
TECH Resident

damn im always in on the last of these arguments...lol they make for some good reads on midshift tho..very well said sticks n stones VERY well said.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:57 PM
Teching In

sorry for coming off like that i feel i didnt start the name calling but oh well lol i never said i had the fastest car because there is always going to be that Joe Dirt with a fully gutted f-body or foxbody with a big motor and lots of nitrous to beat us all i should see 11.50's out of my car ill post the times and a video after the 28th of this month i would try him from a roll but i would most likely run from a dig,the guy sticks and stones talked about the may know a lot about fast cars and what not but they REALLY remind me of cobra owners,or z06 owners lol thanks for the feed back
Old 02-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

I do own a Cobra
Old 02-17-2010, 01:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by g8dave
sorry for coming off like that i feel i didnt start the name calling but oh well lol i never said i had the fastest car because there is always going to be that Joe Dirt with a fully gutted f-body or foxbody with a big motor and lots of nitrous to beat us all i should see 11.50's out of my car ill post the times and a video after the 28th of this month i would try him from a roll but i would most likely run from a dig,the guy sticks and stones talked about the may know a lot about fast cars and what not but they REALLY remind me of cobra owners,or z06 owners lol thanks for the feed back
It's cool. You are certainly not the first n00b to start off that way. Ask me how I know.

I do own a Cobra
Old 02-17-2010, 04:52 PM
Teching In

I do own a Cobra
lol i like cobras too i had a 01 lightning with a stegie stage 5 8lb lower and **** stall slicks skinnies flamed out it was the **** sold it to heavy = 2 slow so i got this now lol it still heavy tho 4100 lbs

Last edited by g8dave; 02-17-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:19 PM
10 Second Club

lol i like cibras too i had a 01 lightning with a stegie stage 5 8lb lower and **** stall slicks skinnies flamed out it was the **** sold it to heavy = 2 slow so i got this now lol it still heavy tho 4100 lbs
**** man 4100lbs isn't bad for a 4 door car!!

Last edited by odarabla; 02-17-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

all i should see 11.50's out of my car
11.5's out of a 4000-4100 lb car is just an "all i should see"? To me thats pretty damn impressive. I would love getting myself into a nice classy 4 door car that can still run with most of the new cars out there on the road. (And blow fast its Charger competition like its standing still for a similar sticker price)
Old 02-17-2010, 07:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

you can tell the maturity level you are dealing with when we can figure out how to get along. unlike the trainwreck that was closed recently.

love the G8. hoping to get my neighbor to give me a run this spring :-)
carry on :-)
Old 02-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yea I like G8s too. I remember the first time I saw one. I was at the beach and my gf and I rode by a Pontiac dealership down there and there was a white one. Damn oh damn did it ever look mean! Puts the GTO to shame IMO.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

^yup

i would have loved one as my DD but i needed to balance speed and mpg since i drive between 19 stores (no company car)
Old 02-17-2010, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn oh damn did it ever look mean! Puts the GTO to shame IMO.
They look sexy and mean. And yeah... GTOs are just too bland for me... The G8's stand out quite a bit more. I do like the GTO's interior comfort though compared to our f-bodies lol
Old 02-17-2010, 09:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a G8 with a baby cam mild stall and a TVS1900..

http://www.streetfire.net/video/Pont...MPH_209951.htm

this vehicle now has a built LS7 & the maggie, can't wait to see it run.. Once it stops snowing.

Tune Time builds the sickest G8's around.. Many look stock just watch for the little stickers in the 1/4 glass.. most have TVS1900's and are quite the fast 4dr lol
Old 02-17-2010, 10:03 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TonyGXP

this vehicle now has a built LS7 & the maggie, can't wait to see it run.. Once it stops snowing.

Tune Time builds the sickest G8's around.. Many look stock just watch for the little stickers in the 1/4 glass.. most have TVS1900's and are quite the fast 4dr lol
Man I like that G8, wish I was up there it would be a great race for my car. I ran almost the Identical time and mph.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:26 PM
10 Second Club

Yea I like G8s too. I remember the first time I saw one. I was at the beach and my gf and I rode by a Pontiac dealership down there and there was a white one. Damn oh damn did it ever look mean! Puts the GTO to shame IMO.
You mean you actually have a GF? Lucky you! I thought it could happen!!

Old 02-17-2010, 11:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

lol i like cobras too i had a 01 lightning with a stegie stage 5 8lb lower and **** stall slicks skinnies flamed out it was the **** sold it to heavy = 2 slow so i got this now lol it still heavy tho 4100 lbs
I'd-ah kept the L. But that's me. Something about a quick *** truck is killer to me. G8s are killer as well, don't get me wrong. In fact, There are one of my favorite all time 4doors.
+73000

Originally Posted by odarabla
You mean you actually have a GF? Lucky you! I thought it could happen!!

Actually, she's really cool and very pretty. Kevin's very blessed and he admits it.

then again, she thinks so too. IDK why.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TonyGXP

Semi convincing me more and more to get a g8... lol although that is a lot of work done to it... on a ~4200lb car.. not bad!

Quick Reply: Badass Cammed Bolton G8