Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

little run with a new-ish mustang

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default little run with a new-ish mustang

now i know i will probably get flamed for even posting this story but screw it, I'm not quite finished with the 408, and it rained earlier so i didn't want to take the TBSS out. anyways i was in the Duty. i noticed a cool looking mustang up ahead in traffic and i slowly work my way up to him to get a good look at it, it was light green color,v6, had louvers on the rear window and side rears, had nice wheels that resembled torque thrust but he put these ghetto 3 spoke center caps. had a hurst emblem, don't know if that is a special edition or some sticker he added. i was checking it out when we catch a light with us side by side and first. i take out my phone to snap a pic of his car when i see him pointing down the road, so i smiled and nodded, then powerbrake it up a little, when the light turned green i jumped out almost a car on him, i actually let off then i see and hear him rolling up and i stomp it and we were even for a second, but after that i walked out to a solid 3-4 car lead and let off at about 90. i had also just loaded my strongest tune, don't know what kind of power it makes but it's the SCT performance tune. the guy was nice after he rolled his window down and waved as he went by, cuz i normally drive slow as hell in the Duty, and he was still workin through traffic.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Launching!

it looked almost exactly like this minus the rims, he even had the flat black hood
Attached Thumbnails little run with a new-ish mustang-_fords-boss_green_mustang.jpg  
Old 02-23-2010, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it was probably one of those upgraded dealership ones...ive seen a few here locally with all the chrome rims louvers and hood n spoiler...but its a nice car
Old 02-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

That was me you *******! And I wasn't waving, I was flipping you off!

jk good kill. I started to laugh when I read V6.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
That was me you *******! And I wasn't waving, I was flipping you off!

jk good kill. I started to laugh when I read V6.
yeah i know its lame, but damn, i am having withdrawal from not having my camaro. oh and stopsign, i read in another thread about your plate saying
"ud lose" ... that's funny my camaro's says " u lose" i was very surprised it wasn't taken.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by the jester 812
yeah i know its lame, but damn, i am having withdrawal from not having my camaro. oh and stopsign, i read in another thread about your plate saying
"ud lose" ... that's funny my camaro's says " u lose" i was very surprised it wasn't taken.
Yea but your car can actually back up your tag.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

yo should get a custom tune from sct... then you'll really fly.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 6.0 silverado
yo should get a custom tune from sct... then you'll really fly.
yeah but then i will also lift the heads, wont I? thats what i have heard at least.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
That was me you *******! And I wasn't waving, I was flipping you off! jk

oh i see, it was the 1 finger wave, i gotcha.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:43 AM
TECH Regular

it was light green color,v6,
Good Kill

Last edited by Ke^in; 02-25-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ke^in
Good Kill
nice comment

Last edited by the jester 812; 02-25-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

good kill I would be the same way right now, if I could even get my car out. I haven't raced in forever.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:46 AM
Launching!

yeah im just putting the finishing touches on my car and here comes another 6-8 inches of snow, so i will be rockin the duty for awhile longer.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:23 AM
TECH Regular

nice comment
Just a warning for the future. You should NEVER link a image off someone else's site. Especially if the person you are replying to owns said site

I've seen hilarity take place when such a thing happens. I am being nice here
Old 02-25-2010, 08:00 AM
Launching!

Just a warning for the future. You should NEVER link a image off someone else's site. Especially if the person you are replying to owns said site

ok, what kind of hilarity, not trying to be a dick, just wondering, and how is it considered linking, when i used something you had just posted above
Old 02-25-2010, 08:10 AM
Launching!

i don't know if you were hinting that i was doing something illegal, but if so, sorry im not savvy on the whole smiley thing and thought it would be easier to just copy what you wrote

Last edited by the jester 812; 02-25-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:25 AM
TECH Regular

ok, what kind of hilarity, not trying to be a dick, just wondering, and how is it considered linking, when i used something you had just posted above
It's considered using someone else's site when you link from a site other than your own. The site you used was my own site. I usually download non licensed pictures I find that I want to use, and upload them to my site.

Being that I have full control over what images are named what, do you not see what hilarity could be brought fourth if, instead of just renaming the pic, I could have added something embarrassing in it's place. Something I've done in other forums at times. Usually after warning said person not to hot-link from my own site.

i don't know if you were hinting that i was doing something illegal
Not at all. It's just not very nice to do. And you can get burned for it. However if the images are licensed then yes, it's illegal.
From Ticketmaster v. Tickets.com opinion:
Further, hyperlinking does not itself involve a violation of the Copyright Act, since no copying is involved. The customer is automatically transferred to the particular genuine web page of the original author. There is no deception in what is happening. This is analogous to using a library's card index to get reference to particular items, albeit faster and more efficiently.

So far, courts have found that deep links to web pages were neither a copyright infringement nor a trespass.
Read above. And you can indeed get into trouble for using someone's images without their consent. Ask Perez Hilton. Not that I would go to such silly measures. I'd rather have fun with it.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:32 AM
Launching!

It's considered using someone else's site when you link from a site other than your own. The site you used was my own site. I usually download non licensed pictures I find that I want to use, and upload them to my site.

Being that I have full control over what images are named what, do you not see what hilarity could be brought fourth if, instead of just renaming the pic, I could have added something embarrassing in it's place. Something I've done in other forums at times. Usually after warning said person not to hot-link from my own site.

Not at all. It's just not very nice to do. And you can get burned for it. However if the images are licensed then yes, it's illegal.

Read above. And you can indeed get into trouble for using someone's images without their consent. Ask Perez Hilton. Not that I would go to such silly measures. I'd rather have fun with it.
ok...lesson learned...like the saying goes you learn something new everyday, and i usually have to learn the hard way, but its alot better when someone explains it nicely like you have done ...thanks
Old 02-25-2010, 08:37 AM
TECH Regular

No problem. I probably wouldn't do it in here anyhow. Just be careful when you hotlink that it's not on a server that belongs to someone that is posting in the same thread as you
Old 02-26-2010, 02:06 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're an idiot. Nothing he did was illegal at all. You posted something in a forum and he quoted you, nothing about that is illegal so shut it.