Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

oh shit, i think im growing up

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 07:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default oh ****, i think im growing up

so im beginning to think that street racing isnt worth it any more..
i remember the days when you can line up with some one race em and get invited to the bar after for a couple of drinks and bs about it for the rest of the night..... now if you beat some one they get pissed at you....
this stemming from one of the latest runs.. me and a 4th gen lt1 camaro. we line up he throws revs so do i light changes i get him by about 5 lengths. road narrows down to one lane i slow to 50.. so he starts riding my *** and honking at me... so im thinking ok he wants to talk no big ill pull in the next sub.. he drops in the on comming laine his buddy in the passangers seat throws somthing at my window. they pull infront of me not even 1/4 of a car length infront of me mind you . pritty much cutt me off then slam on the breakes hoping id rear end them ... i dident even bother breaking i just turned into a subdavision......
unfortunetly this has become more and more frequent of an outcome for races around here...
why do we do this again?
Old 12-29-2003, 07:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dude I totally hear ya, it takes the fun out of racing. From what I've noticed it's the next generation thats doing most of this stuff. They need to 1) grow up or 2) realize that honda's and rice burners aren't fast or 3) realize that a stock V8 car is not that fast compared to what's on the streets. I dunno but the same things happens to me, want to pull over and BS, see what they have talk to them about car stuff, but no they throw stuff at you, flip you off and try to make you wreck. Grow up people.

-Sly
Old 12-29-2003, 08:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slyws6
Dude I totally hear ya, it takes the fun out of racing. From what I've noticed it's the next generation thats doing most of this stuff. They need to 1) grow up or 2) realize that honda's and rice burners aren't fast or 3) realize that a stock V8 car is not that fast compared to what's on the streets. I dunno but the same things happens to me, want to pull over and BS, see what they have talk to them about car stuff, but no they throw stuff at you, flip you off and try to make you wreck. Grow up people.

-Sly
or at least be more responcible about being immature
Old 12-29-2003, 08:47 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You sure that wasn't SuperMario in the LT1? Hehehe.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:16 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me ride shotgun Cuda. I gaurantee no one does some dumb **** like that.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:43 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've never once pulled over to talk to someone about a run. It's not because I want to be an a hole, i'm just afraid they'll attack me haha
Old 12-29-2003, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

This is kinda on topic, I went bowling the other night with my friends. When we met up in the parking lot I parked way in the back away from everyone else. I had my wifes car Audi A4. I like to keep it nice and ding free so I go out of my way to park away from everyone. As I am walking up to the entrance of the bowling alley I see a crap load of ricers car club I think? So I jokingly say to my friend what is this a fast and the furious meeting. The ricers didn't like it too much but weren't really in a position to do anything. (they would have gotten their ***' stomped) anyways I come out a few hours later and find beer cans and bottles allaround my car and a couple on it and the sons of bitches spitted on it too.
What are you gonna do? I hate **** that are tooo much of a bitch to do something to your face but will mess with you car like a little bitch. Just my 2 cents but I definately hear what you ae sayin
Old 12-29-2003, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

high jack my thred will ya?
just kidding man...
i hate that **** too... with me you really gotta do somthing to **** me off for me to **** with your ride... even then ill be sitting by the car wating for you to come out... i realy hate that **** the only people i see that deserve that **** is the people that eather park in a hadicap spot, a fire lain, or some one that takes up 4 spots in a crowded lot
Old 12-29-2003, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nahhh... you never f**k with another mans car. If you have a prob with them you take it out with them in person ,but don't touch the car. My .02

-Sly
Old 12-29-2003, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

im saying that its last resort... if you realy want to get them where it hurts... not somthing you do for ***** and giggles or somthing you do and run... you better be ready to back up what ever you do to it.
i know its a cheap shot like kicking em in the nuts but some times you gotta.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:32 AM
TECH Junkie

I think we should yank everyone's wing off.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

I agree with the wing yanking. But god damn what a bunch of pussies. damn that irritates the hell out of me when people do that ****. it is horrible that people carry guns to set out illegal drag races, just because if they lose, they are "afraid" the other person is going to try to start a fight.
Old 12-29-2003, 01:44 PM
TECH Junkie

I do not think I would damn the eternal deity that created all of us. You may run into one of those big winged 9 sec cars, and need him.
Old 12-29-2003, 07:28 PM
Staging Lane

i've been against street racing from my get-go....when i was in school, i had a teacher that was hit by some stupid ricers...he had his wife and 6 year old son in his car...lets just say its a bit difficult to live knowing that some reckless jerk killed your son because he wants to show off to some stranger...
Old 12-29-2003, 07:42 PM
TECH Junkie

I have to agree with Zanithius and Cudeah on this one.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was me, Cuda. I was trying to make sure I'd never lose to you again!!!

Old 12-29-2003, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cuda, aren't you in Michigan? What part?
Old 12-29-2003, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

I use to street race a lot.
But having a family and job requiring a d\l, i quit it.
Plus having the power that i do most races last for only a few secs anyway .

But i agree most younger peaple dont respect anything or anyone.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:19 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would've ripped the kid a new *******. I had some kid cut me off BAD the other day (missed me by millimeters...), and I followed him into a parking lot where he was picking up his girl ... had a few words, he apologized to me in front of his woman, and I let her know his car got beat so badly the only way he could feel better about it was to cut me off almost killing us both. She looked pissed, I was happy.

I really think you should just have unit sit in your car all day long, everyday ... that way you will never get in that situation again.

Originally Posted by slyws6
Nahhh... you never f**k with another mans car. If you have a prob with them you take it out with them in person ,but don't touch the car. My .02

-Sly
I agree dude, f'in with someones car is the ***** way out. Go talk to them in person, unless they're HUGE .... then just f with their car, and run.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Y'all we have LRN'ed much wisdom with the whole desecrating one another's cars. SsharkSS did go forth and show us all the way (rather like Jesus knocking over the banker's tables in the temple). Shark went and tore off the wing of the uncircumcised philistine car and did smite him mightily. We muscle car folks should all LRN from this lesson and reflect on SShark's LDRship. Let us all go upon the mount receive instruction and reclaim the US's roads from these communist AHoles we all call ricers. Rip off their wings off and pee in their gas tanks. Thataway they cannot start their cars to cut us off.