Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

A Loss?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Loss?

Well long story short, i got on the tollway from 121, and saw a blacked out 05+GT. I told my gf id see if he wanted to race. Well i rolled by him in 6th, and gave a little rev. I honestly didnt think he would race, cuz he kinda looked like a tool with his own gf in the car. All of a sudden he takes off from about a car back, and by the time i realize hes even racing, hes about 1 car ahead. Account for him putting another car on me while i put it in 3rd at about 65-70. Then account for him having momentum, he grabbed another car while my 3rd gear screamed out. Shifted into 4th ~85-87 and started gaining HARD. was just as his rear bumper STILL pulling hard on this guy, about to pass him and leave him in the dust, and guess what, he slams his breaks. I literally screamed WTF like as loud as i could. I hate that, people fly by you, then slam their breaks when the faster car catches up...so i guess i lost? idk

Seems like no one wants to do a 3 honk any more. Of all my races, i have only ran a 3 honk twice.. pretty gay
Old 03-16-2010, 11:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol... I'm not sure its a win or a loss... more like an a waste of your time... let me guess! He got off asap?
Old 03-16-2010, 12:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Lol... I'm not sure its a win or a loss... more like an a waste of your time... let me guess! He got off asap?
he just fell back. my gf said he had the look of, oh yea i just kicked your ***. i wanted to punch the guy in the face lol
Old 03-16-2010, 12:10 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02ws666
he just fell back. my gf said he had the look of, oh yea i just kicked your ***. i wanted to punch the guy in the face lol
Typical!! I hate when people do that!!
Old 03-16-2010, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man! You and I need to FINALLY get some runs in! We've been talkin about doin it for a year or 2 now... I'm sure ill take the loss with your setup but it would still be fun! Lol, you still have my #? If not then I can text it to you!
Old 03-16-2010, 07:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What a tool. Ricers drive more than imports you know...

If people dont look like they wanna race, and THEN take off, i either dont bother or wait until im dead even with them and in the correct gear.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:47 PM
Teching In

that's why i keep my ak-47 in the pass seat instead of my girlfriend
Old 03-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

When that happens I do not even play that game. I wait until they notice I'm not racing, then I cruise along side them and its on.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hate it when that happens but then again, your in fourth probably doing 100+mph, you have to left off sometime, im sure he did it on purpose but I myself dont like running out 4th gear(125mph) on the street very often unless its a damn close race and its interstate. Either way it would have been a kill for you so dont take it to hard.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:57 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02ws666
Well long story short, i got on the tollway from 121, and saw a blacked out 05+GT. I told my gf id see if he wanted to race. Well i rolled by him in 6th, and gave a little rev. I honestly didnt think he would race, cuz he kinda looked like a tool with his own gf in the car. All of a sudden he takes off from about a car back, and by the time i realize hes even racing, hes about 1 car ahead. Account for him putting another car on me while i put it in 3rd at about 65-70. Then account for him having momentum, he grabbed another car while my 3rd gear screamed out. Shifted into 4th ~85-87 and started gaining HARD. was just as his rear bumper STILL pulling hard on this guy, about to pass him and leave him in the dust, and guess what, he slams his breaks. I literally screamed WTF like as loud as i could. I hate that, people fly by you, then slam their breaks when the faster car catches up...so i guess i lost? idk

Seems like no one wants to do a 3 honk any more. Of all my races, i have only ran a 3 honk twice.. pretty gay
Actually I have never had anyone honk it off around here, but like Stopsign says, I don't play that game either. That guy may have thought he got the win but the real racers here say no one won, wasn't even a race.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

im sure ill run into this guy again, and if i do, ill make sure i get a nice even run. and then make him feel real bad! ima start making my gf have her camera out when we go driving lol
Old 03-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Teching In

To be honest with you anytime I see some prey drivin around I always pull up prepared... sometimes banging off the rev limit'er ... Would never ever roll up (especially to a GT, cause they are f'ing idiots!) in 6th gear. So sorry to say the blame is on you bro.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Hak
Teching In

A loss? I would call it more like a c_ck block. Like others have posted, try to resist the urge to unleash the beast and reel the fish in and then apply many lengths. You never know when that fish will just cut the line and lay on the brakes like you said. I've been in your shoes before though. I've had them lay on their brakes, but I've also had them keep in it and let me face stomp them. It's really nice to be behind a car, reel them in, and then show them your tail-lights, but it always doesn't go that route when they cut the race short.

Anywho, don't sweat it. Your average GT isn't going to touch your WS6. If you run into him again and he calls you out, run him for some gas money.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:43 AM
Restricted User

Ha thats gay
Old 03-27-2010, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DoomSlayer
To be honest with you anytime I see some prey drivin around I always pull up prepared... sometimes banging off the rev limit'er ... Would never ever roll up (especially to a GT, cause they are f'ing idiots!) in 6th gear. So sorry to say the blame is on you bro.

I agree, the op threw the rev. even a car ahead, he should have been ready.. I would call that a loss on your part. He did what he had to do to get ahead, and then the mustang hit the brakes with him in the lead. A win is a win...
Old 03-27-2010, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
When that happens I do not even play that game. I wait until they notice I'm not racing, then I cruise along side them and its on.
I agree and do the same thing. I don't always need a 3 honk start (although I prefer it), but I at least want both cars next to each other with both in the right gear, ready to go. At that point if one hits it then other other can follow suit fast enough so it's a good race.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:26 AM
TECH Regular

That was retarded. He just didn't want to lose with his girl next to him. I def look out for his *** again.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Launching!

Typical Mustang driver!
Old 04-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Hak
Teching In

Typical Mustang driver? Are you talking about a chick in a V6 Stang? Not everyone in a Stang is a douche. The OP just put himself in a bad situation and got taken advantage of with the quick application of brakes. I'd agree that this Mustang driver was taking advantage of a kill. He should have lined them up even, but it is what it is. I personally would just line them up even.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:15 PM
11 Second Club

just be glad it wasn't a 2011 GT..I dread lining up against those mean lil basterds