Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed a bike today

Old 03-27-2010, 10:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Killed a bike today

I was comming back from the store and stopped at a red light in the right lane. On my left was a Yamaha V-Star 1100 with a big fat guy on it (maybe 300lb). My lane ends about 500' ahead and when the left turn arrows come on we both know the lights about to change. He starts reving the **** out of his bike so I know he's going for it. The light turns green and were off at the same time. I tried to take off easy and get into it slowly without spinning. I get it to the floor about have way through first and the tires start spinning. He's about at my door and I'm slowly pulling him still spinning in 2nd gear. About 100' passed the intersection my tires hook up he's about a car behind me and I really start pulling to about 3 cars on him. My lane ends and I move over.
We both let off and I look and see I'm going about 70 so I slow down to 45 or so and he's 4 or 5 cars behind me shaking his head. I think he was amased he got beat by a car. I used to own that exact same bike and new it was maybe low 13 second bike but with a 300lb rider that kill it. My car is a 95 Camaro LT1 with LPE 219 cam and some bolt on's. I run 12.90's on street tires but as bad as I was spinning it would have been maybe a low 13 second pass. Well I had fun it's been a long winter and the tracks will be opening soon.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:56 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice man, its pretty hard to find bike races most of the time. And thats ironic that you had the same damn bike! Good kill. I also cannot wait to go to the track this year. Its been a long, cold winter.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like you had fun. I notice your location of Marysville: but no state? I live just south of Marysville, Washington. ?? I know there seems to be a Marysville in every dang state but figured its worth a shot!
Old 03-28-2010, 02:10 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NastyNate65
Nice man, its pretty hard to find bike races most of the time. And thats ironic that you had the same damn bike! Good kill. I also cannot wait to go to the track this year. Its been a long, cold winter.
Thanks it was a fun race and I thought it would be closer when I started to spin the tires but I held him off. I also took out a 05+ Mustang GT there about a month ago it's my favorit spot in Mexico.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
sounds like you had fun. I notice your location of Marysville: but no state? I live just south of Marysville, Washington. ?? I know there seems to be a Marysville in every dang state but figured its worth a shot!
Yes you must be by Ellis and I race in the Car Club Challange and Pro bracket.

Search this Thread