Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Shamed a C6 in my 408 Camaro *Video*

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 01:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shamed a C6 in my 408 Camaro *Video*

Well I rolled up on a black C6 Friday night in my 408ci SS and saw 2 older guys in it. They immediately downshifted to 1st and were bucking the car to taunt me, but we were in the middle of town so I didn't bite. We got to a stop light and they were revving the car.. so I flashed a couple hundreds at them and they simply laughed. The light turned green and I rolled out hard up to about 40 and let them catch up, so I'm guessing he figured out I was serious. I followed him to an empty road just south of town and he was cruising about 40mph (terrible spot for me) and every time I would try to get beside him he would take off. I wouldn't bite because I didn't want to play catch-up, so finally he slows down again and lets me ALMOST get beside him.

My car is a 408ci, A3 with reverse manual valvebody, and 12 bolt with 4.10s. At about 40mph where we were I have to downshift twice to first, and then almost immediately shift to second. He was already in first because the car was revving pretty high and just as I start to get beside him he jumps. So I downshift twice quickly and play catch up. An LS3/M6 with that big of a jump is no joke! I went around him pretty fast and let off at 110 or so because we were approaching a hill. I stopped on the side of the road for a while and waited for him to come back to talk but he didn't

The video kind of sucks because my friend wasn't ready when the car jumped. But, you can tell what's happening anyways. All in all I call it a kill even though it was short, but i'm glad the cocky old guy got what was comin to him . I wish we could have run from a lower roll or at least launched at the same time, it would have been SAD for him. He had a ton of momentum over me with his jump. If we would have gone from a dig it would have been a slaughter. My car isn't a roll car by any means.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14xgouexzpw

Afterwords I met up with a friend with a 525whp procharged GT (the same one from my last thread) and we made a couple runs. Put several lengths on him each time. Then I caught up to a pair of bikes, a CBR600 and an R6. They would rev at me and *TRY* to do wheelies (and fail miserably... more like a bunny hop). I asked one of them to race a couple times and he denied. I threw out the old "come on man, it's just a car, you have a bike" but he wouldn't do it.. and just kept failing at launching. That would have been eassssy.. squid.

Pretty active night! I believe my car is sold though, and I'll be building something faster
Old 04-27-2010, 03:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, I wish I had that much Torque!!!

Nice kill man.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:00 AM
Launching!

very nice..he defiently got the jump on you..You didnt pull him that hard but you did get yje W...those LS3's are pretty serious cars
Old 04-27-2010, 09:31 AM

Good kill for sure. Those LS3 vettes are no joke, but it's always nice to smack around a cocky driver.

What's up with everyone building up their cars and then selling them right after?
Old 04-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Staging Lane

Nice kill and I have no doubt that you could take an LS3 C6 with your mods. But how do you know it was an LS3 car? Did he tell you? The reason I ask is b/c most cannot distinguish an '05-'07 from an '08 and up C6.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

Nice job putting the cocky Vette owner in his place..
Old 04-27-2010, 10:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Good hunting sir.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:34 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks fellas. I could tell it was an LS3 by the different wheel design. Unless for some reason he changed them, which is pretty doubtful.

SRZ: I'm kind of getting tired of this car really. It's fun, and it's pretty quick, but it's really too nice of a street car to tear up and cage. So I can't run it at the track because of no cage, but I don't want to put a cage in an almost perfect 50k mile street car. I was planning on spraying a 250 shot on it but I really have no need to because I haven't had anyone beat me on the street (pretty small town, not many contenders). So, I'm going to build a stripped featherweight to run on the track that can go on the street sometimes. Oh and i'm going to build a front mount

That, and I really just love building cars. This is my fifth fbody, I get them how I like them and sell them to upgrade. I've never really had a car that just jumps out at me telling me to keep it... hopefully a turbo will change my mind. And I'm going to be building the ENTIRE CAR from stock, by myself, so I'll do things exactly how I want them. I've only had that luxury with one of my cars so far.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:51 AM
Launching!

why dont you try a z06 and just do all the bolt ons for 500 rwhp...After your tired of that add a mild head/cam..

you wont really get tired of such a nice ride..As nice as your camaro is..to most of the world they think it's just an old camaro..Not trying to be an ***...But maybe it's time to try somthing a lil more ...you know...rare
Old 04-28-2010, 09:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Killemall
why dont you try a z06 and just do all the bolt ons for 500 rwhp...After your tired of that add a mild head/cam..

you wont really get tired of such a nice ride..As nice as your camaro is..to most of the world they think it's just an old camaro..Not trying to be an ***...But maybe it's time to try somthing a lil more ...you know...rare
Yep: and nothing is rarer than a GTO. Not to mention the GTO rides nicer, with a nicer interior and seats than a vette.

30,000 GTO's total made from 2004-2006. Probably only 20,000 left still driving on the street- though most of those rarely ever come out of the garages they are stored in. Compared to how many C5 and C6 Z06 vettes made?
Old 04-28-2010, 09:42 AM
11 Second Club

Nice kill!
Old 04-28-2010, 01:41 PM
11 Second Club

Unlike some people.. I don't buy cars based on what other people think of them. I buy what I like. I could own a C6 or a GTO outright with just the mod money I've spent... but I don't want either.

It will be another Camaro
Old 04-28-2010, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great kill. Your car moves OUT. I can't imagine how nasty it is from a dig.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:49 PM
11 Second Club

1st pass i hooked it went 1.4X 60ft \

Video against 525whp GT on my 275 Nittos
http://www.youtube.com/flashlcd33#p/a/u/1/IsyQUP0cffs

I have some more from friday night, I'll crop them and put them together.

Thanks PSM
Old 04-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Launching!

hey flash what kind of suspension setup do you have? i havent been to the track with mine and im kinda wondering how i will do, i have almost a full setup LCA's SFC's, adjustable TA, and a big ol' swaybar. with 315 DR's out back 3.73's, full spool. i know i will need some seat time with it, but damn i would love to get a 1.4 60' i bet i could get deep into the 10's with a 60' like that
Old 04-28-2010, 10:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by the jester 812
hey flash what kind of suspension setup do you have? i havent been to the track with mine and im kinda wondering how i will do, i have almost a full setup LCA's SFC's, adjustable TA, and a big ol' swaybar. with 315 DR's out back 3.73's, full spool. i know i will need some seat time with it, but damn i would love to get a 1.4 60' i bet i could get deep into the 10's with a 60' like that
QA1s up front, comp engineering rear, SFCs, TA, LCA relocations, !front sway. Just the important stuff. Still has a stock sway, which it really needs a drag bar. Other than that I'd leave it alone. I did it on a 325/50/15 Mickey. Still a full weight car as well other than spare and rear seats.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
SRZ: I'm kind of getting tired of this car really. It's fun, and it's pretty quick, but it's really too nice of a street car to tear up and cage. So I can't run it at the track because of no cage, but I don't want to put a cage in an almost perfect 50k mile street car. I was planning on spraying a 250 shot on it but I really have no need to because I haven't had anyone beat me on the street (pretty small town, not many contenders). So, I'm going to build a stripped featherweight to run on the track that can go on the street sometimes. Oh and i'm going to build a front mount
I use to think the same thing about my car regarding the cage, but the cam idles and drives like *** in the cold, the spool is horrible in parking lots and low speed turns, the front swaybar is long gone and with the skinnies on there it corners like a moose on ice...sounds like the perfect candidate for a cage

Sounds like you have a nasty buildup planned for your next ride, good luck getting this one sold!
Old 04-29-2010, 08:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
1st pass i hooked it went 1.4X 60ft \

Video against 525whp GT on my 275 Nittos
http://www.youtube.com/flashlcd33#p/a/u/1/IsyQUP0cffs

I have some more from friday night, I'll crop them and put them together.

Thanks PSM
That wasn't even a race.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Yep: and nothing is rarer than a GTO. Not to mention the GTO rides nicer, with a nicer interior and seats than a vette.

30,000 GTO's total made from 2004-2006. Probably only 20,000 left still driving on the street- though most of those rarely ever come out of the garages they are stored in. Compared to how many C5 and C6 Z06 vettes made?

Good kill op! Reminds me when my car had a fresh 408ci (4l65e) and raped a ls3 c6 by 2 cars when I finally got it running.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
I use to think the same thing about my car regarding the cage, but the cam idles and drives like *** in the cold, the spool is horrible in parking lots and low speed turns, the front swaybar is long gone and with the skinnies on there it corners like a moose on ice...sounds like the perfect candidate for a cage

Sounds like you have a nasty buildup planned for your next ride, good luck getting this one sold!
LOL I know what you're saying there! The cam in this thing is very mild for a 408 so it's not too bad to drive, but it doesn't see a lot of cold weather. And it has a locker.. I learned not to buy a spool for a street car from one of my buddies unless you like a headache. On my street wheels it's not bad at all, once the bigs/littles go on it's pretty squirrely around the smallest curves

Thanks fellas. Looks like the person I had the car sold to backed out.. maybe I'll cage it and hit it with a 250 shot like I originally planned?