Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GTO, Shelby GT, roushcharged stang going at it

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 11:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GTO, Shelby GT, roushcharged stang going at it

Hey guys. Me and a few friends put this vid together. Hopefully over time we can find a few other cars to run and make a couple more vids.

It's my shelby mustang GT (the Trans am's not done yet), my bros roush supercharged GT, a freinds 6.0 GTO, and an R6 that showed up in the end (nothing to really compete with him but oh well!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiCtayqOtdw

BTW go onto youtube and watch it in the 480 higher quality....it looks MUCH better.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Teching In

Cool video, I wanna run both of those stangs and I see you're local.

Regal GS vs the GT
GTO vs the s/c GT
Old 05-03-2010, 11:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
Cool video, I wanna run both of those stangs and I see you're local.

Regal GS vs the GT
GTO vs the s/c GT
Def, def, the more the merrier, haha. Where are you from?
Old 05-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Def, def, the more the merrier, haha. Where are you from?
Right outside of Hartford.
My GTO has less mods than the one in your video (stock intake and catback here) but I think I might be a lil better drive so it might be close.

My Regal is a bolt on/pullied 98 GS, been itchin to race an 05-09GT.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

My GTO has less mods than the one in your video (stock intake and catback here) but I think I might be a lil better drive so it might be close.

Hey I'm down for a race! It's all in good fun....a regal would make an interesting car to have in a vid, lol. They can be quick though! PM me sometime. I'm around all the time on weekends.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

your such a bullshitter

quote from last BS thread he made

When I showed him my "Setup" he almost hit the floor. My car is essentially stock with headers/tune. I have pulled a few lb's out of it, nothing serious. I'd imagine it weighs around 3550 without me in it.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by itsslow98
your such a bullshitter

quote from last BS thread he made

When I showed him my "Setup" he almost hit the floor. My car is essentially stock with headers/tune. I have pulled a few lb's out of it, nothing serious. I'd imagine it weighs around 3550 without me in it.
Dude get the **** off my case, I said it has a stock intake and a stock catback. WHICH IT DOES. Jesus tap dancing christ.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

The grand finale was the best

Haha good runs. Looks like fun
Old 05-04-2010, 09:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
The grand finale was the best

Haha good runs. Looks like fun
LOL, yea that was my bro driving it. The Scion belongs to an asian freind of ours (sitting pass). He already killed 3rd gear so he just lets us beat the hell out of the car. That was only 80 mph too, LMAO!
Old 05-04-2010, 10:23 AM

Great video! Is that the same 86 TA that was suprising people with it's nasty little 305 TPI motor a few years back? It still looks great! It's awesome to see some nice 3rd gens around here.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Great video! Is that the same 86 TA that was suprising people with it's nasty little 305 TPI motor a few years back? It still looks great! It's awesome to see some nice 3rd gens around here.
Haha, yea it did have a pretty sweet little 305 TPI in it for a while. Do I know you? Not sure of the screen names on this board! And thanks for the comliments.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:47 AM

Yeah, I'm trying to remember what I was driving when we hung out (Todd and Matt and all those guys). I might have had a black 1993 TA or it might have been right after I got my Z28.

Ron
Old 05-04-2010, 11:43 AM
TECH Resident

I am at work, so I can't see the vid. But did ur bro have a Evo prior to the GT? If its who I am thinking of, he was on CTSubie forums.. I have a rear mounted turbo/cammed Red 99 Camaro Z28. Had black wheels and black accents, etc. Can't wait to get home to check this vid out
Old 05-04-2010, 11:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, I'm trying to remember what I was driving when we hung out (Todd and Matt and all those guys). I might have had a black 1993 TA or it might have been right after I got my Z28.

Ron
I thought this was Ron! I see in your sig you picked up a G8. Those things are awesome. I always liked them ever since I saw them. I got a little distant from all those guys, even though I still see Todd almost every weekend at the pike. Just kinda stopped talking. I have a small little group of freinds I'm always with so I've been busy with them all the time. I've seen you down there every once in a while too. I'll def have to stop and say hi next time I see ya.

And yea you had the black LT1 TA. I have a soft spot in me for those things. They're turning into the new third gens lol....nice and beat with the rare exception of a NICE one. Guy I work with has one of the most mint 97 WS6 ram air 6 speed cars I've seen. I'm about to see if he wants to trade his car and some cash for my mustang!

-RJ
Old 05-04-2010, 11:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sujomatt
I am at work, so I can't see the vid. But did ur bro have a Evo prior to the GT? If its who I am thinking of, he was on CTSubie forums.. I have a rear mounted turbo/cammed Red 99 Camaro Z28. Had black wheels and black accents, etc. Can't wait to get home to check this vid out
Yes sir, thats my bro....he's owned more cars than a dealership. BTW, I was at that dyno day too....that camaro is bad man!! I'd love to see that in a few roll races, but we have nothing fast enough to compete yet lol.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:17 PM
TECH Resident

Yes sir, thats my bro....he's owned more cars than a dealership. BTW, I was at that dyno day too....that camaro is bad man!! I'd love to see that in a few roll races, but we have nothing fast enough to compete yet lol.
haha yea hes a nice kid, was talkin to him at the dyno day. and thanks for the compliment , she is no longer boosted. I DID buy an 83mm turbo but decided i'd rather keep it simple and sold it and supporting parts. There are a couple races posted on here with video, 1 of me and a lsv turbo civic and 1 of me against Juice in his GTO. I lost to Ron a couple times haha and Todd's supra - no video of those runs tho. Hope to see you guys out there soon - got 2 projects going on and motivation to hit the pike isnt there just yet lol
Old 05-04-2010, 12:59 PM

I thought this was Ron! I see in your sig you picked up a G8. Those things are awesome. I always liked them ever since I saw them. I got a little distant from all those guys, even though I still see Todd almost every weekend at the pike. Just kinda stopped talking. I have a small little group of freinds I'm always with so I've been busy with them all the time. I've seen you down there every once in a while too. I'll def have to stop and say hi next time I see ya.

And yea you had the black LT1 TA. I have a soft spot in me for those things. They're turning into the new third gens lol....nice and beat with the rare exception of a NICE one. Guy I work with has one of the most mint 97 WS6 ram air 6 speed cars I've seen. I'm about to see if he wants to trade his car and some cash for my mustang!

-RJ
Yeah, I'm loving the G8! It's all stock right now, but I'm hoping to change that soon, lol.

I had alot of fun with that LT1, but it just needed to much work to make it nice for my liking. I do wish I still had my 1994 TA (red auto with 33K on it when I got it). It does seem harder and harder lately to find a nice Lt1 car.

Ever had the Mustang to the track? The G8 might be a good run for it.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm gonna do a search when I get out of work and see if I can find those vids. I didn't think ron had much done to the camaro!! Wow, I've been out of the loop for too long, lol. He must if he beat yours. I want to finish my 3 1/2 year project too....the one in my sig! It's driving me crazy not having that thing on the road, especially since I have all the major components to put it back together, but it's all the time and patience that I'm running out of! The mustang keeps me going for now, even though it's not very quick. At least it looks fast, lol.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, I'm loving the G8! It's all stock right now, but I'm hoping to change that soon, lol.

I had alot of fun with that LT1, but it just needed to much work to make it nice for my liking. I do wish I still had my 1994 TA (red auto with 33K on it when I got it). It does seem harder and harder lately to find a nice Lt1 car.

Ever had the Mustang to the track? The G8 might be a good run for it.
Yea had it to LVD once, but the 235's on it didn't help me much and I also had the car for like 3 weeks so I SUCKED big time at driving it. Best run I got was a 14.0 @ 103 with something like a 2.2 or 2.3 60ft. Not good at all.

Funny part was that there was a kid there with another S197 5 speed GT with intake, exhaust, and a 50 shot and he couldn't do better than a 14.4, so I didn't feel too bad! He though my 1/4 time was awesome, and all I was thinking was "uhhhhhh, NO."

I'd love to mod the thing but it's a shelby and worth more stock fist of all, and I also opted for a transferable 7 year 100K mile warranty when I bought it and I'd hate to lose that over a tune or intake or something dumb, so I'll deal with it stock. I'd def line up with the G8 though.....you may have me on top end, but that 4.6 goes pretty good for a mouse motor!
Old 05-04-2010, 02:11 PM
TECH Resident

Me vs GT40R EF Civic
https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...rbo-civic.html

Me vs Juice (initially thought he was LS1 blown but it was LS2 boltons - was a GTO noob)
https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...arged-gto.html

Ron's car moves out, I don't want to give info he doesn't want to share on here... So can't say what he has done lol