Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed by '10 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Killed by '10 camaro

But not by much. I was on the 15 south coming home, I literally was driving back from buying my new car, a 1998 formula Hardtop A4. It was dark, but it was a blue or black SS, he was driving like a douche so I tried to get next to him and look, of course that set off the super douche-o-meter and he immediately floored it through traffic as soon as he noticed me getting next to him.

I got around the car in front of me and was about 2 cars back before I even downshifted, and from there 75-120 he put about another 1-2 cars on me in addition to his head start. I let off because I have no insurance or anything yet, and he kept going and going and eventually disappeared. My car is bone stock, even stock lid and baffles and ugly *** exhaust. I guess I was expecting it to be worse from that high of a roll. First race 30 minutes after buying the car
Old 05-07-2010, 06:22 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

You gotta' love the 15. Of course, with all of the idiots driving in 'SD I wish I could just use the bus systems.

Speaking of the new SS's, this girl I work with has a boyfriend that drives one, but for some reason he always nuts himself over my T/A. He wants to run but he's got full exhaust and lord knows what else...
Old 05-07-2010, 07:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice run but I don't think I'd consider driving a new car without insurance on it, nevermind racing it. Get some insurance on that thing.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Nice run but I don't think I'd consider driving a new car without insurance on it, nevermind racing it. Get some insurance on that thing.
Was only for the purpose of transporting it home, its staying safely in the garage until paperwork is done. I agree it was stupid and thats why I immediately decided I was done when I realized he was just going to keep going. Normally I get a temp insurance card but I drove 2 hours just to look at it and I decided I didn't want to make the trip twice.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you claim the Camaro driver was driving his car like a douche yet you run your uninsured car up to 120mph trying to catch said douche.

What does this make you?
Old 05-07-2010, 01:55 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I thought it was the law to have some sort of insurance in place as you purchase a vehicle-at least in California?
Old 05-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In AZ if you have insurance and buy a new car you have 30 grace period of insurance.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ccxxxxxxx
So you claim the Camaro driver was driving his car like a douche yet you run your uninsured car up to 120mph trying to catch said douche.

What does this make you?
It makes you an internet badass. I was driving the speed limit like everyone up until this point. Like I said, I wasn't PLANNING to be uninsured, but once I decided I wanted the car I couldn't get an insurance card even though I called and had it added to my policy. I'm pretty sure not having a card makes it uninsured if you get pulled over right? Not 100% sure on that.