Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Typical Mustang Encounter

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Typical Mustang Encounter

I was driving down the strip when I noticed a White 2009 GT driving like an asshat through traffic ahead of me. I caught up to him at a light, unfortunately there were cars infront of us so we couldn't do a quick run from a dig. As traffic started to clear, without signaling he cut over in front of me and juiced it to at least 100mph, even going through intersections. Once again I caught back up to him at a light, this time we had no one to block us. This is when I noticed the car had a dealer plate on it, and writing on the windshield "2009 GT, 9000 miles, one owner, garage kept" It was obviously a salesman driving it.

At the light I signal to him lets go and give a lil goose. Being in my car it's hard to get people to realize you actually want to run. The light goes green and I hit it.... But wait... He didn't even hit the gas AT ALL. At this point I'm like WTF. This guy was swerving through traffic and going 100+ in a 55, but now he won't go 0-60 when NO ONE is around. Typical.

We start heading towards the end of the strip where it turns around a bend and down a highway. He's a few car lengths behind me as we approach the bend. I'm thinking possibly I can pace him down the highway since no one is around. Well, as soon as we hit the bend he takes off again! He was doing about 70 past me when I was waiting for him going about 30. I got in it but it was wayyyy too late to catch up. I hit 110 down the hill and wasn't even close to catching up, he was about an 1/8th mile ahead of me.

He then slowed back down to normal speeds and I caught up a few miles down the road. Again, NO ONE around. I pace him and goose it, like WTF you just hit 120+ why the **** won't you run me. He sits there laughing and pointing at me giving me the thumbs down, almost in tears at how proud of himself he was.

I paced him for about a minute and then I just gave up.
So yes, typical Mustang race story. I bet over at the Mustang forums there's a thread about how this guy smoked the **** out of some retard in a Buick Regal. Mustang Power!
Old 05-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Mustang owner makes GTO owner look stupid...

Hmmm, atleast the title fits the story.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha, oh how you love to stir the pot.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Mustang owner makes GTO owner look stupid...
Hmmm, atleast the title fits the story.
Being another ignorant Mustang owner you wouldn't realize that punching it 20 seconds before someone else, not lining up, and being a general douchebag (in a car that isn't yours no less) is not making anyone but yourself look stupid.

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Haha, oh how you love to stir the pot.
This is another 100% true story.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:35 PM
TECH Addict

Old 05-11-2010, 11:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
Being another ignorant Mustang owner you wouldn't realize that punching it 20 seconds before someone else, not lining up, and being a general douchebag (in a car that isn't yours no less) is not making anyone but yourself look stupid.
Why am I an ignorant Mustang owner? Because my Mustang, like the one you raced would also make your GTO look stupid?
Old 05-11-2010, 11:41 PM
TECH Regular

This is another 100% true story.
Posting up that you beat a heads/cam CTS V in your bolt-on GTO tends to make you look stupid too.

um good kill?
Old 05-11-2010, 11:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Why am I an ignorant Mustang owner? Because my Mustang, like the one you raced would also make your GTO look stupid?
Let's see if we can get some reading comprehension going here shall we?
I never raced him, rather, he never raced me. I was attempting to get him to race be but I think his vagina was too itchy or something.
I wasn't in my GTO, a stock 09 GT would be a HUGE waste of time to race in my GTO.
Your car would not make mine look stupid (this thread isn't even about my GTO see above), I'd love to race you anyway but it'll never happen.

For these reasons, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch, you are another ignorant Mustang owner.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sicko
Posting up that you beat a heads/cam CTS V in your bolt-on GTO tends to make you look stupid too.

um good kill?
I only post the truth.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So you beat a heads/cam V but cant keep up with a 09 GT? Just ****** with ya.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by itsslow98
So you beat a heads/cam V but cant keep up with a 09 GT? Just ****** with ya.
We're batting a thousand here tonight man.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Where in the f*** does it say you were driving a buick regal? I saw it at the last sentence but thought it was a joke.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Where in the f*** does it say you were driving a buick regal? I saw it at the last sentence but thought it was a joke.
I know, I thought "why would this mustang waste gas on that slow *** GTO"? Then I saw he was in a different car and though "Oh ok, that would atleast be a better race!" HAHAaa
Old 05-11-2010, 11:51 PM
TECH Addict

Regal GS FTW!!!! Oh wait, you never got to race...

You guys all crack me up.

EDIT: Time for bed. I'm guessing 4 pages minimum by the time I check this tomorrow.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:55 PM
TECH Regular

it was in his regal gs it just has bolt ons with stock tune iirc could be wrong tho
TECH Senior Member

My guess is the GT hung door to door with his GTO and once that happened he was amazingly driving his Regal.
Teching In

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Regal GS FTW!!!! Oh wait, you never got to race...

You guys all crack me up.

EDIT: Time for bed. I'm guessing 4 pages minimum by the time I check this tomorrow.
lol.

Regal GS would have been FTW. This guy just didn't accept that reality and was forced to substitute his own.

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
it was in his regal gs it just has bolt ons with stock tune iirc could be wrong tho
It's got a cam in it as well. The tune isn't stock, but at this point a stock tune is probably better lol

My guess is the GT hung door to door with his GTO and once that happened he was amazingly driving his Regal.
That must have been what happend. How much $ do you wanna lay on me vs Dave from 30mph? I accept Paypal.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of guys here like to give a hard time to OP's man. Don't even pay attention to them. They waste their time leaving stupid meaningless comments that are no good. But anyway OP, what's done to the regal?
Old 05-12-2010, 12:00 AM
TECH Regular

It's got a cam in it as well. The tune isn't stock, but at this point a stock tune is probably better lol
i just remember u saying before something about the stock governor was still in affect so it could only go 110 when u raced pookie(ss/tc)

i bet that thing moves cam and bolt ons prolly easy mid 13 car with decent tires
Old 05-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mannyman84
A lot of guys here like to give a hard time to OP's man. Don't even pay attention to them. They waste their time leaving stupid meaningless comments that are no good. But anyway OP, what's done to the regal?
Thanks, I like playing along too though so it's ok.

The Regal has;
CAI
Headers
Small Cam
GenV M90
3.5'' Pulley (wagon wheel)
Stock GTP catback

It runs about 6-7psi right now.

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
i just remember u saying before something about the stock governor was still in affect so it could only go 110 when u raced pookie(ss/tc)

i bet that thing moves cam and bolt ons prolly easy mid 13 car with decent tires
That wasn't pookie, and that was a long time ago lol
Guys with less mods than me go 12's with tire.

Quick Reply: Typical Mustang Encounter