Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Young man gives me the hit, BIG MISTAKE

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 07:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Young man gives me the hit, BIG MISTAKE

Its after 130 am and hardly any traffic at all. Mid 50's air temperature and the car feels strong. So I decide to do a "LAP" before going home. During my cruise I run across several bikes. They were more concerned with doing tricks then racing so I continue on. Out of no where I am blinded by a modded and/or special package Mustang. I look over and he has big wheels, huge brakes and rotors to match, but has a GT badge? I'm guessing Rousch package car but which one. He gears down and gooses it. I see how violently the car lurches so I take the bait. This guy with girlfriend in tow has a beautiful car and believes it is the end all be all until.....I look over hold up 3 fingers and then point forward. He shakes me off and motions for me to go? So I'm thinking are we gonna race or play follow the leader? Or does he have a big shot on the car. Needless to say all concerns were out the window when I downshift to 3rd around 80 mph, car is in the sweet spot. I hold for a couple seconds looking back over and he's so excited it looks like he's about to bust a nut. Again he points for me to go. So as stated I'm in 3rd gear rolling about 80 mph, the 402 is sucking in tons of cool oxygen rich air and I nail it! 80 to 115ish in the blink of an eye, nail 4th with ease (Thanks so much Tick Performance and there amazing Adjustable Master Cyl) and stay in it until about 130 mph. I let out and he comes up fast and gets even with me. Him and his girlfriend were giving me the thumbs up and smiling. I return the gesture because he hung decent, only put 4 cars on him with the hit !?!? With that being said he ducked off and hit his off ramp and I was like damn, lets do it a few more times but from a slower roll due to such a low amount of traffic (virtually non as its nearing 2 am). All I know is that when he geared down I could hear his exhaust about as loud as my own. He definately had something under the hood. Beautiful car and classy couple. Hope to run into him so I can ask what has been done to the car. I'm guessing blower and bolt ons, but how much boost ??? Thanks for reading.

Disclaimer, this never happend, just the sick ramblings of a 12 yr old that has hacked into Allngn_c5's ls1tech account.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:28 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Articulate 12 year old.... Hehe
Old 05-15-2010, 08:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice runs, man. I've had a few people give me the hit that regretted it. Even if you've got a slightly faster car, it takes a lot to overcome giving someone the hit.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:29 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Its after 130 am and hardly any traffic at all. Mid 50's air temperature and the car feels strong. So I decide to do a "LAP" before going home. During my cruise I run across several bikes. They were more concerned with doing tricks then racing so I continue on. Out of no where I am blinded by a modded and/or special package Mustang. I look over and he has big wheels, huge brakes and rotors to match, but has a GT badge? I'm guessing Rousch package car but which one. He gears down and gooses it. I see how violently the car lurches so I take the bait. This guy with girlfriend in tow has a beautiful car and believes it is the end all be all until.....I look over hold up 3 fingers and then point forward. He shakes me off and motions for me to go? So I'm thinking are we gonna race or play follow the leader? Or does he have a big shot on the car. Needless to say all concerns were out the window when I downshift to 3rd around 80 mph, car is in the sweet spot. I hold for a couple seconds looking back over and he's so excited it looks like he's about to bust a nut. Again he points for me to go. So as stated I'm in 3rd gear rolling about 80 mph, the 402 is sucking in tons of cool oxygen rich air and I nail it! 80 to 115ish in the blink of an eye, nail 4th with ease (Thanks so much Tick Performance and there amazing Adjustable Master Cyl) and stay in it until about 130 mph. I let out and he comes up fast and gets even with me. Him and his girlfriend were giving me the thumbs up and smiling. I return the gesture because he hung decent, only put 4 cars on him with the hit !?!? With that being said he ducked off and hit his off ramp and I was like damn, lets do it a few more times but from a slower roll due to such a low amount of traffic (virtually non as its nearing 2 am). All I know is that when he geared down I could hear his exhaust about as loud as my own. He definately had something under the hood. Beautiful car and classy couple. Hope to run into him so I can ask what has been done to the car. I'm guessing blower and bolt ons, but how much boost ??? Thanks for reading.

Disclaimer, this never happend, just the sick ramblings of a 12 yr old that has hacked into Allngn_c5's ls1tech account.
If you don't mind me asking, where you doing a lap at? I used to belong to a local mustang club, might know who it was. I might be able to arrange another run for you.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by FM1R
If you don't mind me asking, where you doing a lap at? I used to belong to a local mustang club, might know who it was. I might be able to arrange another run for you.
Hey bro you already know the answer but I'll send you a pm....
Old 05-15-2010, 12:22 PM
TECH Resident

A 500 hp vette and you only put 4 cars on him?
Old 05-15-2010, 12:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by sslateron

?I don't see what the point of your post is... Considering mods of the other car are unknown.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Very short race, 1 gear basically. 80 to 125. Not much time to walk out, but considering it was a 1 gear race I think I did quite well. Especially considering how bad *** the tricked out GT sounded. He may have a blower under the hood. Hope to see him again so I can ask.

Originally Posted by desertLS1
?I don't see what the point of your post is... Considering mods of the other car are unknown.
+1 on your comment. Glad to see a member thinking b4 he posts.

To SSlaterton, had that race continued to the top of 4th I'm sure it would've been 8+ cars, if not more. My Drag radials limit me to 150 mph or so I've been advised. I'd love to rematch the guy without the hit when I have my michelins on the back. Do a 25 mph roll and see what happens. If the race goes to 5th gear sorry mustang owners but you know you need 200+ rwhp more then a vette to hang at speeds above 150 due to aerodynamics.

Big thumbs up to the GT owner, classy with the enthusiastic thumbs up and great looking car. Not to mention decent looking lady in the passenger seat. Hopefully he gets on tech and reads this.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:29 PM
TECH Regular

Nice race. Your C5 sounds badass, I love the FRC look. Any pics?
Old 05-15-2010, 06:58 PM

Good kill! I never give the hit unless I'm messing around with a known car. Like PSM said, it takes alot to come back, especially when the race starts at 80 mph.

Must be a member of the "A Mustang Can Never Be Fast No Matter What" club.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like a good time was had by all. My car is by no means fast and a few times I run people even knowing I'm gonna lose just for the enjoyment of exercising my car and seeing what others can do. I always give a thumbs afterwards and of course only in the proper situations--light traffic, no place for someone to turn out in front, etc.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:18 PM
10 Second Club

Sounds like a VERY NICE night out on the town.

And Not that I condone Street Racing Or that I have a thread in here of my 403 Stroker Camaro whooping some a$$, lol.... But lets see some Videos next time. hahaha

Glad the couple was classy enough to give you a thumbs up, I've had a few races where all I get are dirty looks, or excuses afterwards. I like Good Clean Races. (In Mexico Of Course)
Old 05-15-2010, 11:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah I got plenty of pics but having trouble posting them up. Got some great pics with the EX.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

post those!

go to tinypic.com, and upload from there. you want the "forum code"

good kill though! im going to say a centri blower if you didnt hear a whine, or maybe a bottle.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WSsick
post those!

go to tinypic.com, and upload from there. you want the "forum code"

good kill though! im going to say a centri blower if you didnt hear a whine, or maybe a bottle.
Nope no whine at all, but who could hear it over his exhaust. His **** was LOUD, and I drive around with the cutouts open on a regular basis. A shot would make sense because he wanted me to go first so bad. Probably thought he was going to walk on by me. Lol. If thats the case he better get a bigger shot.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:27 AM
TECH Addict

hahaha good kill allngn! love all your vids btw
Old 05-17-2010, 01:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
hahaha good kill allngn! love all your vids btw
Thanks a lot man. Hopefully CGillies86 will go for a ride with me and do some camera work for me. Then head back to his computer and post it for me. Now that she's got a 402 under the hood and no more shifting issues its time for a vid.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Staging Lane

good kill! Hope you get your rematch and find out just what he has: I'm betting a centri blower AND nitrous. AND still lost.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
good kill! Hope you get your rematch and find out just what he has: I'm betting a centri blower AND nitrous. AND still lost.
Definately giving my FRC and 402 a lot of credit. THANKS !