Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Beat and got beaten. :-(

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Beat and got beaten. :-(

Yesterday at a local meet I seen these SRT guys chilling. My friends and I went up to them and just started talking to them. I asked them if they wanted to run, some guy replied that's old and I don't do that. (funny because I swear I have ran him before, didn't remind him though) the other guys were down to run so I called out this challenger RT that seemed pretty confident in his car.... I said my car has k&n and lid only, and it's close to stock and the car is 8 years old. He didn't want to tell me his mods. I said I would give him a car from a roll. He said "how much?" I told him I had no money in hand and I would run for money tomorrow, but I could run for fun today.. He agreed to run for fun. First run low roll 30-100. He has one car as we agreed on, 3 honks and we go, by the end of the race I had him about 3 cars and he let off. Higher roll now. 65-130 heads up. I beat him by 1 1/2 cars. Then I ran a tuned srt8 charger. 60-135 heads up, I honked it off and we were even until about 100 then he pulled a car on me and stayed like that until 135. I will get more runs with these guys sometime again and get some film for you guys. Either way I like how my car held up against a tuned charger srt
Old 05-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice runs
Old 05-26-2010, 12:04 PM
Staging Lane

this doesnt make since unless a tune just highly wakes up an srt8 charger. i ran my dads 06 both of us are stock other then me having flowcrappers. my car is an 02 ws6 A4. i beat him by a good car or so from a 60 roll. maybe i should advice him to tune that thing if it helps that much. good raping on the challenger though
Old 05-26-2010, 12:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice runs.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lt1formula275
this doesnt make since unless a tune just highly wakes up an srt8 charger. i ran my dads 06 both of us are stock other then me having flowcrappers. my car is an 02 ws6 A4. i beat him by a good car or so from a 60 roll. maybe i should advice him to tune that thing if it helps that much. good raping on the challenger though
It seems like that tune helped him because I would beat others by a car, or up to almost 2 cars at times. And I also ate up an srt challenger by 3. I still like the cars even if they aren't as fast as I thought.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Nice runs.
Thanks. How does it feel to be a moderator now?
Old 05-26-2010, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mannyman84
Thanks. How does it feel to be a moderator now?
Not a bad feeling.

Hopefully I can help clean this place up a bit after the way some of these threads have been going lately...
Old 05-26-2010, 02:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice kill, and death. Me and my bro test drove an M6 challenger RT. I have to say, while they aren't the car you buy to go fast, they are torque MONSTERS. My bro chirped 3rd basically granny shifting, and it was one hell of a chirp too. My stang could never do that in third, but it's a faster car overall. They have such a beautiful sound too from the factory. Nothing like cruising around listening to that hemi. I'd be curious to see what a bolt on RT would do in the 1/4. I've never seen a modded one.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Banned

Bolt on Challenger R/T's usually run low 13's. Stock they seem to run 13.7-8's from what i've seen at the track. Bolt on SRT-8's tend to run mid 12's with very mild bolt ons depending on the vehicle. Nice kill though
Old 05-26-2010, 08:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Update: just talked to my friend that knows the guys with the mopars and the challenger is putting down 390 rwhp and the charger over 400 rwhp. I'm still amazed on what a good ol ls1 does.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good runs, but with all the racing you do...how come 99 percent are never on video?
Old 05-26-2010, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Good runs, but with all the racing you do...how come 99 percent are never on video?
actually i have videos have the time, a lot of postings i do have vids. this was filmed but on my friends cell phone and i dont know if he is going to upload it because it looks like crap.. i might have a rematch tonight and i will try to get it on film... when i raced last night i was riding alone and my other friends filmed it from behind
Old 05-26-2010, 10:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

gotcha yea cell phone vids blow especially at night. good luck with the rematch
Old 05-26-2010, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by itsslow98
gotcha yea cell phone vids blow especially at night. good luck with the rematch
Thanks. The guy wants a rematch for money but I think I'm going to back down on that one. Lol. I will try my best to get some footage
Old 05-27-2010, 02:38 AM
Staging Lane

Supposedly a tune a CAI are the first mods the Dodge crowd recommends: it really wakes them up: to the tune of 400rwhp supposedly.

Last time at the track, there was 3 or 4 R/T's there: fastest was LT headers, full exhuast, tune, CAI, and gears (forgot what ratio): his best run was 14.0. Bunch of SRT8's there, none more than tune/CAI: best I saw was a couple that ran 13.5- saw a couple run 15+ seconds when they spun and the trans upshifted then bogged. lol

there times were about where I expected them to be: .5 seconds behind me. I just didnt think I was gonna be running 12.9-13.0! Damned DA killed us. It was around 2000 (80deg F and humid in stagnant air)
Old 05-27-2010, 10:18 AM

Good runs! The old LS1's still hold their own, even if they are down on power these days.

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
They have such a beautiful sound too from the factory.
I agree, I was very impressed with the sound from the ones I've heard.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:47 PM
Staging Lane

Then I ran a tuned srt8 charger. 60-135 heads up, I honked it off and we were even until about 100 then he pulled a car on me and stayed like that until 135. I will get more runs with these guys sometime again and get some film for you guys. Either way I like how my car held up against a tuned charger srt
It did do quite well but I wonder if he started in 2nd or let it downshift? ESP off and letting it shift itself are the only other excuses he (I) could have.

60mph is a sweet spot in 2nd gear for the SRT-8 so I'm guessing he's letting it downshift rather than holding a gear. Could be wrong though but that is the trend. A tune is good for 35rwhp and much better shifting.

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
I'd be curious to see what a bolt on RT would do in the 1/4. I've never seen a modded one.
Agreed, low 13s, 103-104mph for the pre-09s.

Update: just talked to my friend that knows the guys with the mopars and the challenger is putting down 390 rwhp and the charger over 400 rwhp. I'm still amazed on what a good ol ls1 does.
Sounds right, which tells me he wasn't holding second. IF he was, congrats, you have a strong running LS1!

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Supposedly a tune a CAI are the first mods the Dodge crowd recommends: it really wakes them up: to the tune of 400rwhp supposedly.

Last time at the track, there was 3 or 4 R/T's there: fastest was LT headers, full exhuast, tune, CAI, and gears (forgot what ratio): his best run was 14.0. Bunch of SRT8's there, none more than tune/CAI: best I saw was a couple that ran 13.5- saw a couple run 15+ seconds when they spun and the trans upshifted then bogged. lol

there times were about where I expected them to be: .5 seconds behind me. I just didnt think I was gonna be running 12.9-13.0! Damned DA killed us. It was around 2000 (80deg F and humid in stagnant air)
You have a stall? How did the trap speeds compare?
Old 05-27-2010, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

@Duuuce.. The first time we ran he let it downshift and I guess he saw I would pull on him like that then he started downshifting manually. We met up last night and RT guy brought proof of his dyno numbers... 396 rwhp. nice! I wish I could know what I'm doing to the wheels
Old 05-27-2010, 11:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Awesome runs man! But all you guys need to stop making these threads! It's making me get the LS1 (Trans Am for my taste) fever!
Old 05-28-2010, 12:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snake95
Awesome runs man! But all you guys need to stop making these threads! It's making me get the LS1 (Trans Am for my taste) fever!
It's a great feeling. I'm like mcdonalds. "I'm loving it"