Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2002 ws6 vs 2004 gto first kill!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 12:27 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2002 ws6 vs 2004 gto first kill!

Well firstly, his mods were full exhaust, open cutout, 2800 stall, and a hptuners tune, and he also had a passenger, my mods are just basic bolt ons and no tune yet ( mods in sig ) my cutout was also open.

We started off on a main road from a dig, and got up to 50ish, it was pretty even so I can't say who won, I spun pretty bad. The next two races we're on the highway, so we line up, 3 honks, and it's from 30-80, I had him about 2 cars. The last race was from 60-120, I had a good hit so did he, I ended up with about 3-4 cars on him.

This was my first race in this car, good times, we stopped afterwords and talked a bit, I'm adding a Yank 3600 in the next month or less, as well as a panhard bar and LCA's and brackets, and a decent tune, I bet then it won't even be fair, I'm still on stock ws6 wheels, I imagine I'll need a sticky tire with the stall.

Overall I expected to win with the weight differences, I'm not exactly sure how much lighter mine is, i think a few hundred lbs?

Last edited by mischief; 06-05-2010 at 12:44 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:04 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off good kill and yes you do have the weight advantage of about 300 pounds or so. I really never saw a point in getting the Ls1 GTO Because it weighs so much more than the F-Body and is good decent amount slower because of it. But thats just my opinion im not ******* on the GTO at all. Maybe they buy them because it has a nicer interior? Im not too big on caring about interior so thats probably another reason why i wouldnt want one over an f body lol
Old 06-05-2010, 02:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mischief
Well firstly, his mods were full exhaust, open cutout, 2800 stall, and a hptuners tune, and he also had a passenger, my mods are just basic bolt ons and no tune yet ( mods in sig ) my cutout was also open.

We started off on a main road from a dig, and got up to 50ish, it was pretty even so I can't say who won, I spun pretty bad. The next two races we're on the highway, so we line up, 3 honks, and it's from 30-80, I had him about 2 cars. The last race was from 60-120, I had a good hit so did he, I ended up with about 3-4 cars on him.

This was my first race in this car, good times, we stopped afterwords and talked a bit, I'm adding a Yank 3600 in the next month or less, as well as a panhard bar and LCA's and brackets, and a decent tune, I bet then it won't even be fair, I'm still on stock ws6 wheels, I imagine I'll need a sticky tire with the stall.

Overall I expected to win with the weight differences, I'm not exactly sure how much lighter mine is, i think a few hundred lbs?
Nice kill, you bully!
Old 06-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Buford17
First off good kill and yes you do have the weight advantage of about 300 pounds or so. I really never saw a point in getting the Ls1 GTO Because it weighs so much more than the F-Body and is good decent amount slower because of it. But thats just my opinion im not ******* on the GTO at all. Maybe they buy them because it has a nicer interior? Im not too big on caring about interior so thats probably another reason why i wouldnt want one over an f body lol
It's alot more than just interior: ride quality, build quality, rattle free squeek free and has great visibility. Also, us bigger guys fit the GTO better than nearly any car made by anyone out there: SRT8, SS any year, Mustang, CTS, any BMW or Mercedes, etc. If you are 6'5" or taller you know what I'm talking about! If I was short like the rest of you bastards, I'd probably own either a C6 LS3, C5 Z06, or LS2 CTS-V.

Speed wise, from my numerous races against LS1 GTO's, they hp lack is only noticeable after about 70mph. From 70-110 I would say it's, on average, a 2-3 car length difference. So, IMO this race went differently than I thought it would. Should have been closer, and the from a dig you should have gotten raped. Time for the GTO driver to learn to drive.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Good kill, even if it is one of my own...

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
It's alot more than just interior: ride quality, build quality, rattle free squeek free and has great visibility.
+ 10 zillion bajillion
Old 06-06-2010, 02:09 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
It's alot more than just interior: ride quality, build quality, rattle free squeek free and has great visibility. Also, us bigger guys fit the GTO better than nearly any car made by anyone out there: SRT8, SS any year, Mustang, CTS, any BMW or Mercedes, etc. If you are 6'5" or taller you know what I'm talking about! If I was short like the rest of you bastards, I'd probably own either a C6 LS3, C5 Z06, or LS2 CTS-V.

Speed wise, from my numerous races against LS1 GTO's, they hp lack is only noticeable after about 70mph. From 70-110 I would say it's, on average, a 2-3 car length difference. So, IMO this race went differently than I thought it would. Should have been closer, and the from a dig you should have gotten raped. Time for the GTO driver to learn to drive.
Oh yes like I said I wasnt ******* on the GTO in any way. Just havnt had first hand experience so im going off what i know, ya know. And yes im short at 5'6" haha at least I know Il like a C5 Z06! Trying to get one of those after saving up a little. Although it still feels like i would be too short for an F body, everythime I sit in one it feels like I cant see over the wheel lol because the way the seats are so low and angle down they feel like.

Anyway to the race, honestly speaking even though it was heavier I thought it would be alot closer race too with his mods
Old 06-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Launching!

5.7 GTO's are definantly disappointing when it comes to the performance end, styling wise they are awesome!
Old 06-07-2010, 12:16 AM
Teching In

LS1 GTO just needs to 243 heads to bring it on par with everything else.

LS2 is the way to go if you have a choice between both though.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Launching!

My bad, I was off with the last race above, he said it was more like a car and a half from 60-120, it's hard to look over accurately going 120.

We just raced again without his passenger and we're DEAD even from 60 to 130, closest race I've ever been in, goes to show you weight does matter.

My Yank3600 will be installed next month.

Quick Reply: 2002 ws6 vs 2004 gto first kill!