Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed one and got killed by the other

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 02:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Killed one and got killed by the other

Well tonight i was coming from a dodger's game at around 1030 pm. My area is known for quite wealthy people rolling around in BMW, mercedes, maserati, porsche etc. The funny part is that most of the people who drive those cars are usually in their 20's, so i know they are down for a race

So today i decided to test out my 1999 Pontiac Trans Am A4 3.23 with 130K miles on the clock. Car is bone stock other than a rescently installed lid and PTB. Thats it!!! ( If nailed from a dead stop, it spins tires and goes sideways all the way until it shifts to second .... typical performance 3.23 A4 ls1 nothing special)

I usually dont look for races but today i felt quite desperate

So my 1st opponent is this car: CLS 55 AMG. A guy in his early 20's driving it.

We did 3 or 4 runs with me getting killed every single time...
1st race we line up at a stop light with me already trying to brake launch my stock slipping A4
We take off with his **** screaming very loud (definitely a nice aftermarket exhaust, sounded beastly. Right from a dig he walks me putting around a bus by 100 or so, then he shuts down.

2nd race, i yell "20 roll!" 3 honks, he jumps of course and ends up with at least a bus on me by around 110...

3rd race, 10 roll, he jumps again with the same outcome. Then we start talking as we are driving..... he asks me " How many horsepower, bro?" I say "300 hp (imm assuming at the wheels), and you?". He answers " supercharged V8, 516 hp".
Well thats totally beleivable, so i accept my loss and we part ways...

My second race, as im on the intersection i see a red boxter flying past me with engine screaming. So i give chase I catch up to him at a red light with him totally ignoring him even though i got my window rolled down and looking right at him ( he is a guy in his 40's or so). To get his attention, I brake stand and spin my tires a little. He immediately looks over with me saying "Wanna run?". He doesnt reply shifts in 1st and takes off at a green light. Off we go, he takes off perfectly and me spinning just a little with constantly pulling on him through my 1st.... By 90 i had a solid 3 cars on him... After the race we line up at a red light with him saying "You have a quick car too". He then turns right and goes about his way...

His car looked like this (older boxter 99 or so, sounded stock)

I need to start modding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want a rematch with that AMG!!!!!!!!!
4000 stall, bolt ons, suspension, sticky tires, tune...... and then we'll see...
It was a fun night!!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 05:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
Well tonight i was coming from a dodger's game at around 1030 pm. My area is known for quite wealthy people rolling around in BMW, mercedes, maserati, porsche etc. The funny part is that most of the people who drive those cars are usually in their 20's, so i know they are down for a race

So today i decided to test out my 1999 Pontiac Trans Am A4 3.23 with 130K miles on the clock. Car is bone stock other than a rescently installed lid and PTB. Thats it!!! ( If nailed from a dead stop, it spins tires and goes sideways all the way until it shifts to second .... typical performance 3.23 A4 ls1 nothing special)

I usually dont look for races but today i felt quite desperate

So my 1st opponent is this car: CLS 55 AMG. A guy in his early 20's driving it.

We did 3 or 4 runs with me getting killed every single time...
1st race we line up at a stop light with me already trying to brake launch my stock slipping A4
We take off with his **** screaming very loud (definitely a nice aftermarket exhaust, sounded beastly. Right from a dig he walks me putting around a bus by 100 or so, then he shuts down.

2nd race, i yell "20 roll!" 3 honks, he jumps of course and ends up with at least a bus on me by around 110...

3rd race, 10 roll, he jumps again with the same outcome. Then we start talking as we are driving..... he asks me " How many horsepower, bro?" I say "300 hp (imm assuming at the wheels), and you?". He answers " supercharged V8, 516 hp".
Well thats totally beleivable, so i accept my loss and we part ways...

My second race, as im on the intersection i see a red boxter flying past me with engine screaming. So i give chase I catch up to him at a red light with him totally ignoring him even though i got my window rolled down and looking right at him ( he is a guy in his 40's or so). To get his attention, I brake stand and spin my tires a little. He immediately looks over with me saying "Wanna run?". He doesnt reply shifts in 1st and takes off at a green light. Off we go, he takes off perfectly and me spinning just a little with constantly pulling on him through my 1st.... By 90 i had a solid 3 cars on him... After the race we line up at a red light with him saying "You have a quick car too". He then turns right and goes about his way...

His car looked like this (older boxter 99 or so, sounded stock)

I need to start modding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want a rematch with that AMG!!!!!!!!!
4000 stall, bolt ons, suspension, sticky tires, tune...... and then we'll see...
It was a fun night!!!!
you must live in glendale area..persains,armenian,russian kids....I study those cars.time to get modding thats porche you shouldn't have a problem with,Iwalked a new one carrerra s4.super cocky dude. with my lt1 b4 i had a procharger,the cls you need gears,some sticky tires and a good driver
Old 06-10-2010, 05:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

good races

how is that throttle body working for you? sounds like you got the coolant bypass sorted out and everything
Old 06-10-2010, 06:38 AM
11 Second Club

You're gonna need more than bolt-on's to beat that CLS.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:02 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Good races dude, great attitude as well.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:10 AM
TECH Resident

Add some weight reduction and a cam to that list lol

agreed with jay, i like reading stuff like this. awesome runs
Old 06-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job on getting nice clean runs on them! Especially dig runs, most guys are too scared of launching to go from a dig. Coworker has one of those Boxsters: have to be the slowest porsche made in the last 25 years! Stock I think they are high 13's? They fixed that issue and the newer ones are 12 second cars now (dual exhuast new ones versus single oval old ones).
Old 06-10-2010, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LTXBOI
you must live in glendale area..persains,armenian,russian kids....I study those cars.time to get modding thats porche you shouldn't have a problem with,Iwalked a new one carrerra s4.super cocky dude. with my lt1 b4 i had a procharger,the cls you need gears,some sticky tires and a good driver
Yup, im in glendale area, also burbank and NOHO and thats who mostly races
Old 06-10-2010, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
good races

how is that throttle body working for you? sounds like you got the coolant bypass sorted out and everything
thanx, everything worked out great, just got that bypass kit from ebay
Old 06-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 00MaroonZ28
You're gonna need more than bolt-on's to beat that CLS.
Bolt-ons, 3:73 FD and a stall would run even with it I would think.