Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced an RX-7 twice...

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raced an RX-7 twice...

I was driving on one of the main highways near where I live, and I noticed a black sporty-looking car a few cars ahead of me. The cars in front of me moved into the next lane, so I accelerated to catch up. It turned out to be an RX-7. It smelled like it was running rich, so I assumed he'd increased the boost. I figured this could go one of two ways - either I was about to get slaughtered, or it would be a close match.

We played a bit of cat-and-mouse as we tried to get into a traffic-free spot. Once we got in the clear, we lined up at about 65-70 MPH. I gave him the thumbs-up, and he nodded and smiled. I downshifted to 4th, he honked 3 times and it was on. I got the jump on him, and put about a car on him before we had to slow down for traffic. This was at roughly 110 MPH.

We made our way through traffic again, and got to another clear spot. Once again, I downshifted to 4th, he honked 3 times, but this time he jumped right as he honked the third time. He got about a car ahead of me, and I was slowly reeling him in when we had to shut down for traffic again. This was a shorter run, maybe to 100 MPH. I was ready for round 3, but he never lined up with me after the 2nd time.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice kill man