Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

98 formula vs 98-02 WS6

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 98 formula vs 98-02 WS6

I was getting on the highway a little bit ago and spot a pewter WS6 riding by himself as I go on the ramp. It looked clean with maybe 18 inch rims on it. I quickly speed up down the ramp and merge on, he is slightly behind me so I wait for him to catch up.

He gets next to me and as I'm trying to look and see if the guy is gonna be cool or not he just floors it and jumps. He put about 2-3 cars before I had the chance to downshift. I slammed 3rd so hard I lost traction and quickly gained back the gap, but I had to shut down at his door due to a slow *** truck in front of me. I gave him a thumbs up and went on my way since traffic was real cluttered up and my exit was soon.

No idea on mods, but I think I would have put a little distance on him if we started the same, since I caught up to him fairly quickly. Maybe hes a member on here and can chime in.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:54 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait a minute....... Your sig says: 98 Formula A4

But you down shifted and slammed into third?

Am I not getting something here? Lol because to downshift into third in an A4 you would have to be going pretty fast already. And im pretty sure you wouldnt lose traction in a pretty much stock A4 at those speeds lol

Then again like I said I could be missing something like a T-56 swap? Lol
Old 06-26-2010, 03:08 AM
Staging Lane

^^ yeah no ****, I'm lost. ?? Even with a 6spd, considering both cars should be even it sounds like that guy wasnt all the way in it or short shifted or something.

In the future when someone just jumps out like that, try this: dont take the bait, wait until you are sure he can see your headlights in his rearview mirror and flash your high beams 2 or 3 times. Almost always works, guy will slow down and you can line them up properly. If you want to go on a 3 honk, make sure your window is down and motioning him with the 3 finger salute BEFORE he can take off again--- make sure he see's your hand! Should be good to go for a legit race then.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ah crap. You reminded me I never updated my sig. The car used to be A4 it is now M6. Lid, intake, LT's, TD's, tuned, free mods. I also have a nice weight advantage over a fully loaded WS6.

There was a lot of space right then which is why I decided to go for it even though he had the jump, you know those big gaps between clumps of slow cars. I haven't raced anything that wasn't a honda in about 2 years because nobody around here will go. I just wanted to see how I would hang. Seeing the traffic ahead I knew there would only be one chance basically, plus the second I shut down I had to dive for my exit. It was all in good fun, I doubt the dude would have gone on 3 honks anyways he floored it just from me looking at him. I don't think he even had exhaust because I couldn't hear anything over my car in 6th gear cruising when he took off.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
Ah crap. You reminded me I never updated my sig. The car used to be A4 it is now M6. Lid, intake, LT's, TD's, tuned, free mods. I also have a nice weight advantage over a fully loaded WS6.

There was a lot of space right then which is why I decided to go for it even though he had the jump, you know those big gaps between clumps of slow cars. I haven't raced anything that wasn't a honda in about 2 years because nobody around here will go. I just wanted to see how I would hang. Seeing the traffic ahead I knew there would only be one chance basically, plus the second I shut down I had to dive for my exit. It was all in good fun, I doubt the dude would have gone on 3 honks anyways he floored it just from me looking at him. I don't think he even had exhaust because I couldn't hear anything over my car in 6th gear cruising when he took off.
Oh! Lol see that explains eveything lol
Old 06-29-2010, 03:56 AM
TECH Addict

Nice! Keep an eye out for him, if you get another shot at him be sure to let us know
Old 06-30-2010, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was pretty surprised, the extent of f-body I see around here is usually an old person driving a V6 camaro now and again, compared to dozens of C5 vettes and mustangs. I'll be watching for him again haha.