Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

my 05 z51vette widebody vs 06 evo

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 07:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 05 z51vette widebody vs 06 evo

My 05 vette 6speed z51 stock vs 06 evo full bolt ons cams 28psi evo makes 410awhp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RGplDNuRQE
Old 06-30-2010, 08:00 PM
Staging Lane

nice car,but i would i would be embarrased to get beat by that car..you have a 50,000 + car and get your *** handed to you.why do people with stock cars race highly modded imports? now you see why the import crowd jokes the **** out of the v8 crowd..
Old 06-30-2010, 08:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bh353
nice car,but i would i would be embarrased to get beat by that car..you have a 50,000 + car and get your *** handed to you.why do people with stock cars race highly modded imports? now you see why the import crowd jokes the **** out of the v8 crowd..
He barely got beaten by a FULL BOLT ON Evo running a **** ton of boost. There is absolutely no shame in that. The EVO has a bit more HP to the wheels. Are you secretly a ricer or something? Also....import crowds "joke the **** out of the V8 crowd"? WTF does that mean?
Old 06-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Endersshadow
He barely got beaten by a FULL BOLT ON Evo running a **** ton of boost. There is absolutely no shame in that. The EVO has a bit more HP to the wheels. Are you secretly a ricer or something? Also....import crowds "joke the **** out of the V8 crowd"? WTF does that mean?
barely beaten? what vid were you watching? yeah you got me im a ricer at heart..you know the type of vids that show up on youtube with ricers beating v8's,talking all kind of **** about american v8's no matter the brand..
Old 06-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Endersshadow
well i guess your used to getting raped with that old *** lt1...if you think im a ricer why don't you come and find out..all i have is a slow *** cavalier..
Old 06-30-2010, 08:47 PM
TECH Regular

Did you write this post with your feet? I hope you don't normally type so poorly.

Anyway... Your post is both incorrect and irrelevant. A base C6 started at ~$45k in 2005. Also, you can now find a 2005 C6 for under $30k. I've seen them as low as $26k already. Your average 06 EVO 9 will run you $18k-$24k+. With the cost of full bolt-ons, cams, and a good tune, it would put you close to the price of a dirt cheap C6.

This is irrelevant though. It is pointless to compare the cost of two used cars when one of those cars is modified. Frankly, cost is entirely irrelevant unless you were trying to get a certain level of performance for as little money as possible.

As for racing stock cars against modified cars, there's nothing wrong with that IMO. It can be fun for both parties. Many people want to put their modified car against a stock car that's known to perform well to see where they stand. And sometimes people just like racing their stock cars and don't care if their opponent is modified. There's nothing wrong with that. You act like it's a big deal if you win or lose a little street race.

Also, the only import owners I know that talk poorly of V8s are ignorant and have fairly slow cars.

Nice death OP. It looked like fun.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

well i guess your used to getting raped with that old *** lt1...if you think im a ricer why don't you come and find out..all i have is a slow *** cavalier..
troll
Old 06-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Did you write this post with your feet? I hope you don't normally type so poorly.

Anyway... Your post is both incorrect and irrelevant. A base C6 started at ~$45k in 2005. Also, you can now find a 2005 C6 for under $30k. I've seen them as low as $26k already. Your average 06 EVO 9 will run you $18k-$24k+. With the cost of full bolt-ons, cams, and a good tune, it would put you close to the price of a dirt cheap C6.

This is irrelevant though. It is pointless to compare the cost of two used cars when one of those cars is modified. Frankly, cost is entirely irrelevant unless you were trying to get a certain level of performance for as little money as possible.

As for racing stock cars against modified cars, there's nothing wrong with that IMO. It can be fun for both parties. Many people want to put their modified car against a stock car that's known to perform well to see where they stand. And sometimes people just like racing their stock cars and don't care if their opponent is modified. There's nothing wrong with that. You act like it's a big deal if you win or lose a little street race.

Also, the only import owners I know that talk poorly of V8s are ignorant and have fairly slow cars.

Nice death OP. It looked like fun.
oh you got jokes now?..hahaha.i don't know where you are from,but where i am from there are alot of fast imports running around.you just don't get it do you? a vette is the best that gm offers,i sure is hell wouldn't be running around town trying to flex some muscle with a stock vette..
Old 06-30-2010, 09:22 PM
11 Second Club

oh you got jokes now?..hahaha.i don't know where you are from,but where i am from there are alot of fast imports running around.you just don't get it do you? a vette is the best that gm offers,i sure is hell wouldn't be running around town trying to flex some muscle with a stock vette..
And you would run around town flexing some muscle with a stock POS Evo!!!

Teching In

Who said the OP was "flexing muscle"?
TECH Regular

Are you drunk? Are you an idiot? What's the deal? Your post still looks like you typed it after a few too many shots.

"Flex some muscle"?

When did the OP say this was anything more than a friendly race?
When did he say he was trying to prove some point or "flex some muscle."
Not every race is necessarily as important as you seem to think it is.

And yes, there are a few quick imports near me.
http://www.synapseturbo.com/view/projects
That shop is a couple counties over from where I live and they turn out some seriously quick imports.
I have yet to encounter a single owner of a car built by them who disliked V8s.
Though I do know some import owners with slow cars (not built by synapse) who dislike V8s.
I already stated this in my original post.

Yes, the corvette is the quickest car GM makes; and the EVO is the quickest car Mitsubishi makes. What's your point? I thought you were (incorrectly/pointlessly) making an issue of the two car's prices. Which, as I said earlier, is still irrelevant.

You're right, I don't get it. I don't see the point in your irrelevant bantering.
I hope your response (if you reply) makes more sense than your previous posts.
I only have so much acetaminophen left...
Old 06-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Staging Lane

Are you trying to get banned? Or are you just that stupid? I have a pretty good guess by the quality of your posts. Learn to appreciate a nice car when you see one. Just because people build a certain type of car, that you do not like, does not make them any less of a person. Hell, that Vette owner could also have a bad *** evo at home in his garage. Wouldn't you think so? Since he can afford a $50,000+ car. Actually, an evo would be an ideal dd for a vette owner, especially in the winter time .

BTW, OP that is a nice looking car, not bad for a 6 year old chevy, lol. That evo moves pretty good for sure.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DaytonaFIC6
Are you trying to get banned? Or are you just that stupid? I have a pretty good guess by the quality of your posts. Learn to appreciate a nice car when you see one. Just because people build a certain type of car, that you do not like, does not make them any less of a person. Hell, that Vette owner could also have a bad *** evo at home in his garage. Wouldn't you think so? Since he can afford a $50,000+ car. Actually, an evo would be an ideal dd for a vette owner, especially in the winter time .

BTW, OP that is a nice looking car, not bad for a 6 year old chevy, lol. That evo moves pretty good for sure.
Thanks just got an aps twin turbo kit and doin l92 head and cam package just wanted my friend to get one last race while im still stock.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:20 PM
Staging Lane

Nice! What are you gonna do for fuel system? I have hit the limits on mine and wanna see what some other FI guys are running.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DaytonaFIC6
Nice! What are you gonna do for fuel system? I have hit the limits on mine and wanna see what some other FI guys are running.
i was thinking east coast supercharging big fuel system
Old 07-01-2010, 12:12 AM
Staging Lane

Nice choice. If you are gonna do it, might as well do it right, lol.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL bh353 is a idiot guys hes obviously a ricer troll that is just in here to mess with us. I think that C6 did damn fine against that EVO. I thought he was gonna get beat a lot worse. But even up top that vette started to creep back up.

Honorable death OP...and **** that Troll in here.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice runs... Cant wait to see some more of it. Def came back with that top end! You guys just gotta learn to honk haha I mean its not to hard to go on the third honk

HAHA! Dude troll your ruining this guys thread. For one your a complete retard. Why should the OP be embarrassed? Hes in a stock C6. If that Vette had some bolt ons it would be a different story. Personally it did dam good against that Evo with its mods. $50K? "import crowd joking the **** out of v8 crowds?" HAHA! you crack me up. Why would import crowds "joke" on V8s? Care to explain that one.... I mean pretty sure we hold a lot more records then you guys do. Go back to your lil ricer Vtec with a fart can & a huge wing

Originally Posted by slowc6
Thanks just got an aps twin turbo kit and doin l92 head and cam package just wanted my friend to get one last race while im still stock.
DAM! man... What do you do for a living? Keep us updated on that. Suppose bh353 will be talking **** also when you get that installed.

Originally Posted by NoTractionLS1
LOL bh353 is a idiot guys hes obviously a ricer troll that is just in here to mess with us. I think that C6 did damn fine against that EVO. I thought he was gonna get beat a lot worse. But even up top that vette started to creep back up.

Honorable death OP...and **** that Troll in here.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

sweet vid, damm brake boost gives him a nice jump !

I cant wait to rematch him aswell !
Old 07-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Launching!

That import guy is a joke..back in the day my stock 2004 auto vette with 300 rwhp used to destroy the stock and modified evo's at the drag strip..I was trapping 102-104 and they were like 96-100..

Sure they could beat me 0-50 but by 60 mph I was zooming by and pulling a bus length by the 1/4 mile mark...

The thing that surprises me the most is that if the OP didnt have that poser body kit than the arodynamics of the stock vettes.28 over the C6Z06's .34 would have made the differance and he would have won each race...

Dont get me wrong it looks OK and all but I hate the fact that many people are gonna post that the Evo beat a C6Z06 when in reality a C6Z06 would have been 6-7 cars ahead easily