Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Miserable night/4th July weekend

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miserable night/4th July weekend

So I got my Trans am 3 weeks ago yesterday and ever since I haven't seen any 4 cylinder beaters around which is annoying. When I had my bonneville every time I turned around some honda POS was driving around with a race muffler pushing 130 horsepower thinking they owned the road, but now I don't see them anywhere which is frustrating haha. Anyway Im comming home from wawa and theres some BMW that was giving me a run for my money I stepped on him and got maybe a quarter a mile away then he caught up to me and we were side by side then I freakin missed a gear and slowed down. Im not sure what kind it was, but it was pretty fast I wouldnt say faster than me if anything it was just as fast. From a standstill I think I could take him not problem. So then I saw a ws6 in the right lane and I flew past him kinda taunting him I was eventually pulling in 6th although I had a little time left in 5th I could have pulled. I just saw the ws6 pull up to me without much of a problem then we both got off at an exit and I pulled next to him and asked him if he had anything done he said he had a 402 stroker. I'm just about to buy a ninja zx6r and getting romped on already kind of made me second guess buying the bike and just building the motor instead. I thought things through and figured it would be funner to have a bike AND a car instead of just a car. Next summer Im going into the police academy and once I get a real job Ill get my dad help me build a badder motor, something pushing 500 horsepower naturally aspirated most likely a stroked ls2 would be the most economical and practicfal I think. How much horse would a 402 be putting out at the crank anyway? No more than 430 would it?
Old 07-03-2010, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

It depends on how you build it.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

You are a ******* ricer.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by matrixiskool
So I got my Trans am 3 weeks ago yesterday and ever since I haven't seen any 4 cylinder beaters around which is annoying. When I had my bonneville every time I turned around some honda POS was driving around with a race muffler pushing 130 horsepower thinking they owned the road, but now I don't see them anywhere which is frustrating haha.
You actually want to race a POS car instead of someone closer to your level?
What's the point?

Anyway Im comming home from wawa and theres some BMW that was giving me a run for my money I stepped on him and got maybe a quarter a mile away then he caught up to me and we were side by side then I freakin missed a gear and slowed down. Im not sure what kind it was, but it was pretty fast I wouldnt say faster than me if anything it was just as fast. From a standstill I think I could take him not problem.
WTF is this? Were you racing for over a solid mile? How the hell long do you think a race is supposed to last? You just keep going until the other guy gives up or something?

How do you know he wasn't faster than you; you never even lined up and raced head to head from the sounds of it. Also, there are obviously a number of BMWs that would soundly beat your car. I guess we'll never know if the one you raced was one of them though.

So then I saw a ws6 in the right lane and I flew past him kinda taunting him I was eventually pulling in 6th although I had a little time left in 5th I could have pulled. I just saw the ws6 pull up to me without much of a problem then we both got off at an exit and I pulled next to him and asked him if he had anything done he said he had a 402 stroker.
Are you saying that you just flew by him and he caught up to you?
That isn't exactly a race.

Next summer Im going into the police academy and once I get a real job Ill get my dad help me build a badder motor, something pushing 500 horsepower naturally aspirated most likely a stroked ls2 would be the most economical and practicfal I think. How much horse would a 402 be putting out at the crank anyway? No more than 430 would it?
So, you want to build an NA stroked LS2 to 500hp NA, but you think a 402 LSX only makes 430hp to the crank...
You realize a stroked LS2 is a 402ci LSX (one of several), right?

Originally Posted by sw07gt
You are a ******* ricer.
I feel inclined to agree.

Last edited by DiscerningZ32; 07-03-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:48 PM
TECH Addict

There's ALWAYS someone bigger and badder than you, kiddo.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Headache.

The 402 TA will most likely walk away from you even if you buy the bike.

A 402 will make 430Rwhp with a small cam/budget heads with an ls6 intake...

Did you actually race anything?
Old 07-04-2010, 12:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by matrixiskool
I was eventually pulling in 6th although I had a little time left in 5th I could have pulled.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

He just wants to go puppy kickin' for a while cuz hes been thinkin' about it since his bonnevile. Its cool, he gotta car we wanted for a while.

OP: bro get a lil more seat time ....in everything.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:34 AM
TECH Regular

i predict that u get it handed to u by some honda 4cyl around u and that u will run 14s
Old 07-04-2010, 01:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sommer86@6LE
So, you want to build an NA stroked LS2 to 500hp NA, but you think a 402 LSX only makes 430hp to the crank...
You realize a stroked LS2 is a 402ci LSX (one of several), right?
No I would have never guessed!

Anyway I wasn't talking about building a 402 I was talking about the other ws6 I saw. I don't know what displacement I'd like for it to come out to because I have a long time until Ill have enough money to start the build Im only 19 and in college. Didn't think I'd get flamed by another fellow ls1tech member but ok cool. Anyway to the rest of you to clear things up I didn't race the guy in the ws6 I just flew past him and he caught up. Never said I raced him. Guy in the BMW got stuck at a light, I got about a quarter mile away he caught up and we raced from a roll, I know there are a lot of BMWs faster than me I just wasn't aware that they were that common, maybe it even was a higher end one I couldn't read the numbers.

He just wants to go puppy kickin' for a while cuz hes been thinkin' about it since his bonnevile. Its cool, he gotta car we wanted for a while.

OP: bro get a lil more seat time ....in everything.
Haha exactly, yeah I need some more seat time in the bird, not really anyone else around here that I know that has worked cars or even an ls7 to take a ride in.

Headache.

The 402 TA will most likely walk away from you even if you buy the bike.

A 402 will make 430Rwhp with a small cam/budget heads with an ls6 intake...

Did you actually race anything?
Thanks for the info I guess I have a little more work and research to do! Yeah only raced the bmw from a roll.

*sorry if I offended anyone in my original post! . Have a nice holiday everyone.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:36 AM
TECH Regular

No offence taken or intended on my part.

Your post was just all over the place and sketchy.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think people would have been less offended if you bothered to accurately describe what happened. Your post was extremely vague.Good runs anyway, I rarely meet an f body let alone a modded one.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
No offence taken or intended on my part.

Your post was just all over the place and sketchy.
Ok cool I understand, I had just gotten back and quick typed everything up I had only taken it out a couple times on the highway when its opened up later at night. I had been looking for a low mileage f body for a good 2 years and finally snagged one from the dealership I used to work at. Still a newbie . Just excited to take it out instead of an old 3.8 series ll. Was looking at a bowtie block and some forged 454 assemblies a couple minutes ago, but that won't be for a while!

Yeah I was glad to see a fellow f body'er. It's usually a mustang with a CAI and flowmasters around here or a honda that hits 3 lbs boost at 7k rpm.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:09 PM
12 Second Club

x2 on the headache.... That was bunched together....
Old 07-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Kids...
Old 07-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Staging Lane

your 19 and in college? you wont be going into the academy for a good 3-4 years i bet.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by nick122590
your 19 and in college? you wont be going into the academy for a good 3-4 years i bet.
I agree. In the state I live in you have to be 21 before you can even legally serve as an LEO. OP's state must be different than mine. But he could know someone, that tends to make things a little easier.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

What the hell...? Anyone else get completely lost reading the OP?
Old 07-05-2010, 08:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
What the hell...? Anyone else get completely lost reading the OP?
^^me for sure!!

First OP, you must calm down. Breathe normally..done?

A 402 pushing 500hp? no, more like 480-500Rwhp

Take some seat time in your T/A and enjoy it enough to clear your mind a bit!! So much confusion in 1 post!!

Use sentence and paragrah next time! and 1 kill story at a time and mod post in the external/internal sections!!

Last edited by Johnnystock; 07-05-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No point in nitpicking at your post, since so many were already eager to do it themselves, but I'm sure you know that you just need more time with the car and more research before you start digging into it. You don't want to end up like the young LT1 owner who makes back to back mistakes in picking parts without doing their homework first, and then sells it and blames the engine because he is stuck in the 13's.

BTW A new zx6r will run bottom 10s without touching the engine, but that is assuming you survive leaving the dealership...which so far I am doubting.

Crotch rockets are no joke, even the "little" 600s.