Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

98 Z28 M6 vs SVT Ford Focus

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 98 Z28 M6 vs SVT Ford Focus

First off, sorry for the long read, but I feel that I had to put some of the extra stuff in to get the point across to how big of an idiot this guy was being and risks he was taking on the road.

On the 91 fwy, I see a nice orange(I think the color name for it on focus is Competition orange?) SVT Focus.

I'm cruising, this guy then speeds by and is cutting people off left and right. The car sounded good, one of the best focus' I've ever heard actually. I have ford and chevy cars, I can appreciate a nice car and I'm not the type of person to rev my engine at people just to try and act all tough. I don't like when people do it to me, so I'm sure as hell not gonna do it to someone in a smaller less powerful car or really any car on the street.

I eventually get to atlantic happen to be at the exit with the guy again after he shot off earlier. He's revving the ungodly **** outta his car. Goes into my lane as we're turning onto the road. And at the next two lights he's revving his engine the entire time. I see the woman in the car in front of him laughing and he keeps doing it. So I'm sitting there and he's been revving his engine for about 4 minutes straight, street packed with cars and more cars getting off the freeway.

So we start going and you hear him spin the tires. I stay in 1st and have to feather the throttle because I'm guessing his car is just stock with maybe headers and muffler and stock they've only got 170hp. Sounded good for what it was. After that happened, he stopped revving his engine, and then after about half a block he cuts off a bunch of people again and takes off. I figure oh well and turn on south to head home and see him again.

He makes room for me, that focus was a solid handling car, did it like it was on rails when he changed lanes. So I get beside him and ask him for a race, he nods and I say on the 3rd honk. First honk he takes off, and so I then do it too and he starts falling back right away again, and I let off because we're on the street and I just wanted to give him the idea to knock it off acting like an ******* on the street everywhere and that his cars nothing special like an actual SVT Cobra or something more worthwhile. Then he wants to go again, I honk twice, and he ******* bolted hard as **** into a side street at the second honk.

Anyone near long beach, ca ever seen this guy? It was a clean orange svt focus hatchback, exhaust work was done, but it had an autozone hood scoop. I've never seen'em before, darker skinned mexican guy, maybe late 20's.

That guy's seriously gonna get someone killed. In a 10 minute span, I saw him cutoff at least 40 cars, and they were all pretty much very close calls that there wasn't an accident. Here's a picture of what it basically looked like from what I can remember, basically stock. Except it had an autozone fake scoop, and the usual SVT badges.

Was a pretty nice car, just the driver was a gigantic idiot.

I'm basically stock, borla 3 inch catback with the 2nd smallest plate, have a lid but haven't put it on yet.

He had an aftermarket muffler I know for sure, I think headers too, but I can't say that it was a sure thing since I didn't talk to him about it.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you could have been towing a trailer and would have walked him. but man idiots like that **** me off. and its always little punk kids insome little 4 bangers.... why is that!?!?!?
Old 07-11-2010, 01:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
you could have been towing a trailer and would have walked him. but man idiots like that **** me off. and its always little punk kids insome little 4 bangers.... why is that!?!?!?
actually the last street race i was in it was a guy in a 350z and he did the exact same thing, but yes it always to seem like the ricer guys do that. It really makes you think twice about racing again because if he crashes and kills someone you were seen racing and involved with that guy.

Last edited by 180ls1; 07-11-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:54 AM
TECH Regular

The guy sounds like a retard, they're everywhere.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:14 AM
10 Second Club

I had a guy in a 350Z do the same thing to me once. I was cruising around with a friend of mine when this douch in a 350Z starts following me and reving his car. When I put it to the floor at 40mph and smoked the tires the guy backed off pretty quick. lol
Old 07-11-2010, 04:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SSkull
First off, sorry for the long read, but I feel that I had to put some of the extra stuff in to get the point across to how big of an idiot this guy was being and risks he was taking on the road.

On the 91 fwy, I see a nice orange(I think the color name for it on focus is Competition orange?) SVT Focus.

I'm cruising, this guy then speeds by and is cutting people off left and right. The car sounded good, one of the best focus' I've ever heard actually. I have ford and chevy cars, I can appreciate a nice car and I'm not the type of person to rev my engine at people just to try and act all tough. I don't like when people do it to me, so I'm sure as hell not gonna do it to someone in a smaller less powerful car or really any car on the street.

I eventually get to atlantic happen to be at the exit with the guy again after he shot off earlier. He's revving the ungodly **** outta his car. Goes into my lane as we're turning onto the road. And at the next two lights he's revving his engine the entire time. I see the woman in the car in front of him laughing and he keeps doing it. So I'm sitting there and he's been revving his engine for about 4 minutes straight, street packed with cars and more cars getting off the freeway.

So we start going and you hear him spin the tires. I stay in 1st and have to feather the throttle because I'm guessing his car is just stock with maybe headers and muffler and stock they've only got 170hp. Sounded good for what it was. After that happened, he stopped revving his engine, and then after about half a block he cuts off a bunch of people again and takes off. I figure oh well and turn on south to head home and see him again.

He makes room for me, that focus was a solid handling car, did it like it was on rails when he changed lanes. So I get beside him and ask him for a race, he nods and I say on the 3rd honk. First honk he takes off, and so I then do it too and he starts falling back right away again, and I let off because we're on the street and I just wanted to give him the idea to knock it off acting like an ******* on the street everywhere and that his cars nothing special like an actual SVT Cobra or something more worthwhile. Then he wants to go again, I honk twice, and he ******* bolted hard as **** into a side street at the second honk.

Anyone near long beach, ca ever seen this guy? It was a clean orange svt focus hatchback, exhaust work was done, but it had an autozone hood scoop. I've never seen'em before, darker skinned mexican guy, maybe late 20's.

That guy's seriously gonna get someone killed. In a 10 minute span, I saw him cutoff at least 40 cars, and they were all pretty much very close calls that there wasn't an accident. Here's a picture of what it basically looked like from what I can remember, basically stock. Except it had an autozone fake scoop, and the usual SVT badges.

Was a pretty nice car, just the driver was a gigantic idiot.

I'm basically stock, borla 3 inch catback with the 2nd smallest plate, have a lid but haven't put it on yet.

He had an aftermarket muffler I know for sure, I think headers too, but I can't say that it was a sure thing since I didn't talk to him about it.
i seen him a few nights ago..on 105 wasnt driving crazy,but his fart can was pretty loud...he probably was high that night,and filling himself!!!!
Old 07-11-2010, 04:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A guy I work with has one of those, he put a turbo on it and blew the motor so now he just talks about how he's gonna take everyone with his "280hp" when he gets it rebuilt. I can imagine he drives the same way as the guy you posted about due to how he talks.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Launching!

If the guy was a kid then it would explain the driving but this guy was at least in his late 20's.

And yea I wasn't going to bother because here's no reason to mess around when he's in a 170hp car and doing all that nutty ****, but he got to me, and its why I only just left him behind and let off
Old 07-12-2010, 07:26 AM
Teching In

There excellent handling cars. They come stock with a header. My buddy has a 03 with a catless orp dp, and a borla catback. That thing is ungodly loud lol. But they are great dd/ autox cars.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RocketZ06
There excellent handling cars. They come stock with a header. My buddy has a 03 with a catless orp dp, and a borla catback. That thing is ungodly loud lol. But they are great dd/ autox cars.
Yea, this guys sounded clean, real good IMO. And everything on it was tasteful except for the scoop.

It handled like it was on rails.