Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

400hp Turbo Integra vs. CTS-V(import vs. domestic)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 11:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 400hp Turbo Integra vs. CTS-V(import vs. domestic)

I was getting bored at the casa so I desided to go for a cruise in Frisco. I was heading North on Preston rd when I saw what looked like a regular white integra with catback exhaust driving about 10mph over the speed limit so I sped up until I got behind him to see if he was something worth playing with.. a few minutes went by and I lost my interest in it as he didn't look like he had anything special to offer.. well that and I saw some d-bag in a GM stepside truck and loud *** pipes come roaring onto the road and weaving thru traffic so I quickly moved past the integra and into the lane behind the truck to see if he wanted to play.. sure nuff the dude in the truck got a lil more spirited in his driving so we started testing the waters a lil. I could tell this guy was all bark and no bite but I was bored so I was down for anything..I was gonna get into the left lane to get next to the dude in the truck when I checked my blind spot and seen that same white integra comming up fast.. he was close enough to were I desided to not jump into his lane as it would have been a dick move on my part. As soon as he got about 2 cars behind me all I could hear was this LOUD *** whistle as he flew past me! I quickly dropped the dude in the truck and went after the turbo integra.. he quickly got into the left turning lane and busted a U-turn so I followed suite... a few seconds later I tried to get up next to him but as soon as I got close I heard his turbo start to spool up so I let off the gas and flickered my brights at him so he could see that I wasn't trying to do a ricer fly by.. he quickly slowed down so I got up next to him and asked him what he had? He said that he had a turbo and suporting mods pushing about 400hp.. I wasn't sure if it was 400whp or bhp but my guess is that it was bhp.. I asked him if he wanted to ride out to 121 and get a few runs, and he said he was down.. we got out to 121 and I asked him what he wanted to do but he said he was down for whatever so I offered a 45mph punch(of coarse) and he said cool.. I dropped down to 2nd at about 45mph but was having issues getting him up to my speed so I slowed to about 40mph to match his speed..

1st run 40mph I honked 3 times, got the hit and automatically pulled about 2.5 to 3 cars on him and held it thru the top of second, lost about a car shifting into 3rd at about 70mph and watched him do a slow walk with his door at my door by the time I shifted into 4th at about 95mph(hit the rev limiter for about half a second) when I lost the lead by about 1 car and watched him do a slow walk away from me putting about 2.5 to 3 cars on me by the time he shut down...

2nd run was from a dig at one of the lights on 121 service road.
I jumped out and pulled away about 4 cars until he ran past me at about 112 to 115mph and put about 2 or 3 cars on me by 120 or 125mph..

Needless to say I was very happy with this loss as he had a much lighter car with what my guess is equal power..

By the way the mods that I'm aware of in my car is just magnaflow exhaust. I'm starting to think that I may have axle or suspension work as I don't get any wheel hop and have done 3500k launches with no wheel hop on no gernaded rear diffs...
Old 07-21-2010, 11:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dont talk to much about how strong your diff is haha, good runs those turbo imports have some sick top end.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by itsslow98
dont talk to much about how strong your diff is haha, good runs those turbo imports have some sick top end.
Hahaha... tru that bro.. I have me fingers crossed...

P.s. sorry bout the long read. I'm on my cell so its hard to proof the text on a 2 inch screen... lol
Old 07-22-2010, 12:31 AM
Staging Lane

honorable death. I'm surprised he didnt brake boost on the roll race- it would have been ugly for you! Sounds like a cool dude you ran into!
Old 07-22-2010, 09:35 AM
TECH Addict

I'm surpirsed I even did as good as I did.. lol this dude was fast as hell on the top end..
Old 07-22-2010, 09:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice races. Those big turbo imports can surprise you on the highway sometimes.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:23 AM
TECH Addict

Ya I remember that he said that he had just gotten it tuned too. Wish I could have caught him before the tune, lol.. he also said that he's over on Honda-tech but I don't think they have a kills section over there...
Old 07-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Staging Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice kill, did he spin much if you herd? gotta love a clean import
Old 07-22-2010, 11:53 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by blkjck
I was so far ahead on the dig run that I couldn't tell.. 1 of 2 things, he either spun his *** off or 2, he took awhile to build boost... not sure but man was I so happy that I found and played with a quick import for once... I never find them other then STIs or evos
Old 07-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Teching In

nice death, and nice car. I am hoping to have a V by next spring but they are hard to come by in South Dakota and surrounding area. Any advice on what to look for on one?
Old 07-22-2010, 09:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sixspeed-z
nice death, and nice car. I am hoping to have a V by next spring but they are hard to come by in South Dakota and surrounding area. Any advice on what to look for on one?
It all depends. You want a truck motor or the Z06 LS6? Haha..jk... they both make the same power and most of the LS6 Vs have the upgraded rears already..
Old 07-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by blkjck
I completely agree. I know alot of you are wondering if I'm BS'ing due to the ricer bashing I've been doing lately, but I got HUGE respect and love for guys who take whatever it is they own and making THERE OWN by modding THERE WAY and not following the atypical ricer me-to crowd philosophy. There's a guy on my local forums that debadged his SRT4 and did some custom touches and stuff to it to make it look like.... I dont even know what to call it? Wait, yeah I do: It looks like----

Justins Car. None like it in the world. Some like it, some don't really. But he does- and therefore I do. Know what I'm saying fellas?
Old 07-22-2010, 09:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
I completely agree. I know alot of you are wondering if I'm BS'ing due to the ricer bashing I've been doing lately, but I got HUGE respect and love for guys who take whatever it is they own and making THERE OWN by modding THERE WAY and not following the atypical ricer me-to crowd philosophy. There's a guy on my local forums that debadged his SRT4 and did some custom touches and stuff to it to make it look like.... I dont even know what to call it? Wait, yeah I do: It looks like----

Justins Car. None like it in the world. Some like it, some don't really. But he does- and therefore I do. Know what I'm saying fellas?
You been drinkin again S&S? Lol... jk

I see what ur sayin but man I've seen some pretty ugly *** unique cars in the past

**limostingray** or **vettetruck** or the car that has 2 front ends to name a few.. lol
Old 07-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

arghh.. yeah, I've been tapping the Gentleman Jack bottle while sitting in my room at the Hilton while bored shitless and web surfing. lol That **** is smooooooth! Gotta be more careful tommorrow.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Teching In

Sounds like fun! It's always nice to see a well built import.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:53 PM
TECH Addict

Cause lord knows that there is A LOT of slow *** imports that some kid slapped a few stickers,body kit,catback, and cold air intake and thinks they have a free pass to zip thru traffic..

Quick Reply: 400hp Turbo Integra vs. CTS-V(import vs. domestic)