Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Stage 1 Roush goes down!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage 1 Roush goes down!

I was kinda hungry yesterday afternoon. So, common sense bitch slaps me in the face and says “Hey mike, go get something to eat!”.. Since I’m lazy, and my cooking skills aren’t that great, I decided to go get a slice of pizza. Good idea? I think so! I love pizza.

Anyways, its about 1:30, and I’m ****ing hungry. I hop in my car and decide to fill my craving for pizza. T-tops are off (uh oh!), and I’m rocking out to some disturbed. Only thing left to do now is grow a mullet, and live in a trailer to live out my dream of being the typical Camaro owner. The best song ever just came on. “Down with the sickness”.

I’m about half way there. I look in my rearview and see a 05+ mustang. Not your typical mustang though. This one was actually running! Kidding.. But this one had a different front bumper! Could it be? A Roush? ****! I’ve had a tendency to bite off way more than I could chew with Mustangs. I’m hoping this was just the stage 1, which I always thought was just a GT with a body kit. If that was the case, I should be fine?

I’m in the left lane, he’s in the right. He switches over to my lane to get around a car, and then pulls up next to me. Young kid driving it. Possibly early 20’s.

Nothing too crazy about it so far. It wasn’t obnoxiously loud and didn’t scream at me while I was next to it like the jet engine powered 03/04 cobra did! I will admit too, I’ve never seen a modded Roush… But that didn’t mean this guy wasn’t packing a bottle in his trunk either! I had my racing helmet in my back seat. I was considering putting it on… I didn’t know if he already saw me… I figured, if he hadn’t seen me yet, I might be able to put the helmet on and at least pretend as though I had a mullet and was trying to hide it and be stealthy. Could possibly raise a few questions in his mind.. “Why is he wearing a bright blue helmet?.. Must be to hide his mullet?.. Yeah, that must be it!”

He signals for me to take the hit. I assume because he thinks he’s going to reel me in and pass me like I’m standing still with his roushed up GT. WRONG MOVE! We all know, it totally sucks when the faster car gets the hit!

Were at 40mph. I’m in second and open the cutout.. A few seconds later, I floor it. He’s asleep at the wheel and doesn’t go until I’m a car ahead on the start. I go to the top of second and he lets off.

Race 2. I think he realizes that it might not be a good idea to give me the hit.. So he gets next to me and honks it off. After 3 beeps, were off again! I pull a car through the top of 2nd, and he bounces off the rev limiter.. then lets off. Great! Atta boy! He’s 0 for 2. I still don’t really know how the car stands against me, because he’s the one that is failing and isn’t showing what the car is capable of.

Race 3. Another 40 roll. Down with the sickness is now over. Don’t worry guys. Awaken just came on! So its all good. Anyways, we slow back down to 40mph. I wasn’t sure if I was going to have to give him a lesson or two on how to drive a standard. He beeps 3 more times (Worst beep sequence ever.. BEEP……… BEEP…. (he went ).. BEEP! Kinda like he was pushing his horn as he floored it to give it that extra momentum.)

I’m about a half car back from the beginning since he went before his own 3rd beep. FINE! Looks like I’ll have to somehow manage since this may be the only clean run I’ll get against him. At the top of second, I’m a half car ahead. I shift into third hard, and he must have grannied it. I pull another car on him, then let off.

I think I may have made him mad. He took the first right out of there and didn’t even want anything to do with me after that. Didn’t even get next to me to give a thumbs up. He made a right, and that was the last I saw of him.

Perfect timing too… Because the Pizza place was coming up! What a great afternoon.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill. Good story, too.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Enjoyable reading, good kill.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:41 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

funny story, good kill
Old 08-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Teching In

Good story!
Old 08-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

That was a pretty funny story. I laugh everytime I see a Roush. Infact yesterday there was a white one with dark blue stripes (05-09) and my g/f said everyone at her work said this Roush was FAST and would beat my car because 302's can't be fast. Well just so happened I was in my car. I pull out as he is coming and he looks over eyeballing me. I catch up to him but he acts like I'm not even there. LOL Figured... I'm glad though because it was mid 90's out and I didn't feel like doing a WOT pull in those conditions. Roush woulda got pwnd hardcore though, as usual.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Launching!

Lmfao good story,and good kill
Old 08-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Teching In

Roushs are no slouch at a dead stop. They look like the fastest on the street when they are sitting there in the parking, there's no denying that and their owners know that. Their only problem is they need to be moving to win a race and that's their downfall. Stage 1s are only appearance and 2s are appearance + suspension. It's not until 3 that they get a supercharger and even then it's relatively tame for a FI car.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Launching!

Nice kill
Old 08-10-2010, 02:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Good story but you owe me a lunch time after reading that. lol.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by C5natie
Good story but you owe me a lunch time after reading that. lol.
+1 to that! I wants me some pizza now!
Old 08-10-2010, 05:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Nice story! Its funny when you race a car and because yours is faster, you can hear the guy bumping the limiter big time because he desperatly needs that extra rev/power he doesnt have!! LOL I'm doin the best homemade thin crust pizza, you guys should get over here, we would eat and after do burnout in front of house to drive my neighbours crazy!! ..I'm really hungry!!
Old 08-10-2010, 05:23 PM
12 Second Club

Nice kill. Aren't stage 1's N/A though?
Old 08-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by projectX
Nice kill. Aren't stage 1's N/A though?
Yes, and slow.

Hell, even the supercharged ones are slow.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:51 PM
12 Second Club

Poured some salt on that slug
Old 08-10-2010, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mach Boy
Roushs are no slouch at a dead stop. They look like the fastest on the street when they are sitting there in the parking, there's no denying that and their owners know that.
uhhh, i'll deny that right now. It might be good looking car, but it doesn't look even remotely close to the "fastest thing on the street".

This....

looks like the fastest thing on the street.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:25 PM
12 Second Club

Nah... The Roush looks much much faster than that roach.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MrDavid
uhhh, i'll deny that right now. It might be good looking car, but it doesn't look even remotely close to the "fastest thing on the street".
I don't know if I was just going over everyone's head, but I was basically comparing a Roush to an S2000. Looks fast but slow as *****.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:52 PM
***Repost Police***

S2000s aren't that slow...

(I used to have one )
Old 08-10-2010, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

love the story..chicago pizza ftw..you'll love the 150 shot..then you can toy with the stage 3 roush..ah..may not need it..its just a mustang..(flame suit on..check)