Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

First run in my T/A

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First run in my T/A

its a 2002 WS6, not even tagged yet. So im at the start of a 6 lane road without any traffic and there are two red lights before the road starts.

i pull behind an STi who sounds modded and at the second red light, he takes the center lane so hes next to me. i didnt want to race in case he was faster, i have a pretty good record against imports from my last car i didnt want to ruin.

anyway, we leave at the same time but im ahead by a few feet and i hear his exhaust. i floor it, so does he. we are neck and neck until 90 and i take a quarter car lead by 100 and a 3/4 lead by 110.

he shuts down, so do i.

end of story
Old 01-05-2011, 11:14 AM
11 Second Club

Nice first kill! STI's are sweet looking imports imo.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by High_Angle
i didnt want to race in case he was faster, i have a pretty good record against imports from my last car i didnt want to ruin.
This struck me as funny. If your scared to lose you shouldn't be racing. Good kill anyway.

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
Nice first kill! STI's are sweet looking imports imo.
Your opinion doesn't count.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:19 AM

Nice kill
Old 01-05-2011, 11:35 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Your opinion doesn't count.
Oh, ok.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i didnt want to race in case he was faster, i have a pretty good record against imports from my last car i didnt want to ruin.
Probably the gayest/most ricer paragraph I've seen here in a long time (outside of Crashemall's posts). Seriously, who keeps a street racing record?
Old 01-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

well, that is combined with my drag record so it matters to me. its not something i bring up unless ppl ask me.

i dont update facebook every time the stats change, i dont wear a shirt with my record on it, i dont tweet it either.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:00 PM
12 Second Club

The point is you don't want to race unless you can win. We all want to win, but losing is what makes you want to mod up. No shame in losing unless its something you shouldn't lose to, like a civic with a fart can.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Yeah I lost to a Maxima today. I'm not afraid to admit it. I didn't know we were racing but as soon as he turned on the blinkers I knew it was over.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:10 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WSsick
Seriously, who keeps a street racing record?
Old 01-05-2011, 01:10 PM
12 Second Club

^^
Old 01-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mach Boy
Yeah I lost to a Maxima today. I'm not afraid to admit it. I didn't know we were racing but as soon as he turned on the blinkers I knew it was over.
HAHAHAHAHAhahaha... haha... haaa... actually, I've had that happen to me twice. One was a early 2000's V6 Mustang.

Kinda burns down deep, don't it? Like seeing a recently ex-girlfriend dating some loser and feeling that morons ineptitude psychologically being attached to you. Not that thats ever happened to me or anything.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Teching In

well, that is combined with my drag record so it matters to me. its not something i bring up unless ppl ask me.

i dont update facebook every time the stats change, i dont wear a shirt with my record on it, i dont tweet it either.
GW Racer....
Defintely ricer ****.. You will always find one or two of them at every spot.

Did you hang with rice or something recently cause it sounds like it wore off on you..

Take a loss every once in a while..keeps you humble...
Old 01-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Staging Lane

ok, now i feel the need to defend myself.

every summer i race in el paso, tx where its 4000 ft and over 90 degrees. this makes the street class 13.4 or slower. my previos car was faster so i had to race in the pro mod. this means i went up against cars that were trailered and had PINKS ALL OUT stickers on them.

i lost every time but i kept paying the $20 entrance fee, the $60 for race gas, $65 to fill my bottle. just so i could lose to some douche who pedaled the whole way and still beat me

ive had plenty of losses ad plenty of wins. what i was trying to say in my first post was that i didnt want to race someone while my car was stock and have the ricer think he beat a goddamn ws6.

make your jokes but i respect american muscle enough to not hand over a victory to a ricer i think is faster in my stock car. when i spend a few grand, then i wont back down, regardless of what the otehr car is
Old 01-05-2011, 09:19 PM
12 Second Club

Ricer is a mentality, not a car brand's region. The word you are looking for is "import." If you lose, you lose...no big deal. Just means his car is faster than yours.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn dude I think you need to take a couple of valium and have a drink. There is always someone faster.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simplest thing for you to say (and might be what you really meant to say) is this: "I just got the car and have not had a chance to learn how it likes to be driven and where its strong and weak spots are. The last thing I need is some mildly modded import beating me on a fluke and thinking he's now faster than any LS1 Fbody ever made."
Old 01-05-2011, 11:21 PM
Staging Lane

I like to lose...... It really makes me feel good

Old 01-06-2011, 02:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Good kill. Race anything that wants to race you, period, if conditions are safe and you don't have a reasonable chance of being pulled over...of course I mean in Mexico...unless it's crashemall...he'll **** your **** up (literally he will crash your car).
Old 01-06-2011, 02:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
Ricer is a mentality, not a car brand's region. The word you are looking for is "import." If you lose, you lose...no big deal. Just means his car is faster than yours.
This is so hard to grasp for some people. I've said it before, but people act like if you lose, everyone will find out and your wife will leave you, the bank will repossess your house, your parents will disown you and your dog will run away. Who gives a **** if you lose? Humble pie = you want to mod sooner.

*as I have been drooling over cams and intakes lately*

Edit: Damnit son of a bitch mothertrucker...yes I forgot to multi-quote.