Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

96 lt1 vs 6.0 gto

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 lt1 vs 6.0 gto

Saw this GTO pull up next to a buddy of mine in his mustang and rev at him, my buddy doesnt street race often so he didnt take the bait... I then pulled up[ next to the GTO and revved, and he gave a rev back... I followed him onto a road in Mexico where he stopped at a Redlight, and I was pulling up next to him slowing down for the light at about 20mph, I was about one car back when light turned green...

I nailed it, and my A4 dropped to second....

He took off in First and jumped out and I held at his door, then he shifted (grabbed some food in between shifts) and I pulled up next to him, held him, then he left off and turned...

Short race, but I wonder how it would have went if we both started out next to each other at a dead stop.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

You would have gotten demolished.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Thats what I thought at first, then he shifted...

He was a non driver... I think he would have pulled me by 1-2 cars.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Teching In

That reminds me of last summer when I raced the new 458 Italia. The guy looked at me and I punched it. I pulled like 4 cars right away and stopped. I told all my friends.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
That reminds me of last summer when I raced the new 458 Italia. The guy looked at me and I punched it. I pulled like 4 cars right away and stopped. I told all my friends.
LOL. This guy was actually running me tho.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP has "1996 Firebird Formula- Tuned, Cai, Lt's, Full Exhaust, 4.10's in the A4." I seriously doubt it would be anything but a damned good race, with the LS2 winning from a higher roll and the Formula winning from a dig or low roll. Morris had to be instigating a BS response as he obviously knows what I just wrote.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Launching!

it could've been a ls1 gto, and the op did say that the guy was a non driver. So even if it was a ls2 gto, with someone who "grabbed some food between shifts" driving it, it can still lose, it is on the street, not some professional driver launching and shifting perfectly.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Staging Lane

after some recent races with my bolt on 96 LT1 i'd have to say the GTO would still win but the LT would give him a good one. From a 40-120ish roll i'd say the gto by 3 cars but how knows. I've got a buddy with a ls2 i wanna try to run soon just cause i'm curious and i like to race regardless of winner. When i do i'll post it up.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
OP has "1996 Firebird Formula- Tuned, Cai, Lt's, Full Exhaust, 4.10's in the A4." I seriously doubt it would be anything but a damned good race, with the LS2 winning from a higher roll and the Formula winning from a dig or low roll. Morris had to be instigating a BS response as he obviously knows what I just wrote.
I agree, He would def. eat me up from a higher roll, my 4.10's are really nice from a dig tho

Originally Posted by Bowtie4life
it could've been a ls1 gto, and the op did say that the guy was a non driver. So even if it was a ls2 gto, with someone who "grabbed some food between shifts" driving it, it can still lose, it is on the street, not some professional driver launching and shifting perfectly.
It had the 05/06 Rear Bumper with the dual pipes, but who knows maybe he put that on there from a newer model.

I believe he would have pulled me, but not till the middle/end of 3rd in my car... NON DRIVER!!!

Originally Posted by RhizzleDizzle
after some recent races with my bolt on 96 LT1 i'd have to say the GTO would still win but the LT would give him a good one. From a 40-120ish roll i'd say the gto by 3 cars but how knows. I've got a buddy with a ls2 i wanna try to run soon just cause i'm curious and i like to race regardless of winner. When i do i'll post it up.
I'll be looking for the post! I wish I got a full race with him from a dig...
Old 03-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SpeedFreak123
I agree, He would def. eat me up from a higher roll, my 4.10's are really nice from a dig tho

It had the 05/06 Rear Bumper with the dual pipes, but who knows maybe he put that on there from a newer model.

I believe he would have pulled me, but not till the middle/end of 3rd in my car... NON DRIVER!!!

I'll be looking for the post! I wish I got a full race with him from a dig...
yeah from a dig i think you'd give him all he wanted...............if not more
Old 03-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

Thought it would be a lot different outcome
Old 03-06-2011, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by modstang60
Thought it would be a lot different outcome
whatcha mean?
Old 03-07-2011, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Wrong. I stand by my original opinion. Wasn't a bs response or a tease for a flamewar. I am almost positive I know the OPs car when it was owned by the prior owner in Mt Airy MD. If its not the same car I think the Goat would have clobbered him due to traction problems if the Goat was shifted well.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wrong. I stand by my original opinion. Wasn't a bs response or a tease for a flamewar. I am almost positive I know the OPs car when it was owned by the prior owner in Mt Airy MD. If its not the same car I think the Goat would have clobbered him due to traction problems if the Goat was shifted well.
Yeah it used to be justins... The only thing different now is that it has 4.10's