Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

need opinion on one bad ass truck!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need opinion on one bad *** truck!!

ok so there is this guy in my neighborhood he has a 2002 chevy silverado with exhaust longtubes, maf and an ati procharger runnin 12lbs of boost. this thing is a beast and i have seen the dynosheet and he put down 450 to the wheels! my question is will a 2002 camaro ss with intake longtubes and exhaust be able to take this thing from stop, roll and all? donno who to bet on! also there is a mach 1 mustang that thinks he can take the truck too, what do yall think
Old 02-13-2004, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd put money on the ss on all fronts. Good luck.
Old 02-13-2004, 01:42 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, he's got around 100 rwhp on you ....

I would say stay away from him from a slow roll (15-40), but you should take him from a dead stop or a faster roll (65ish or so) where your weight/aerodynamic advantage should help you out. I honestly think this is going to be a close race or possibly even a losing battle. Try to get the guy to spill what he thinks or actually does run in the quarter ... that should give you a basic idea of what your up against.
Old 02-13-2004, 01:56 AM
Launching!

I don't know either man, I saw an article in super chevy, and someone correct me if i'm wrong cause i can't find the magazine right now, but they put a supercharger on a new ss silverado which is gonna weigh a lot more than a standard cab silverado, and it wasn't putting near that much rwhp, but they had it runnin mid 13's I believe in the quarter, granted its AWD though. I know with my truck which it probably puttin around 400 maybe more out at the rear wheels (know its close to 500 at the fly-wheel), I smoked my Z28 but only when we were rolling above 20 or 30 miles an hour cause its impossible to hook it up, I'm sure he'd have the same problems. Good luck though, its more than likely gonna all come down to the driver.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:12 AM
On The Tree

i talked to the guy again and he said that a friend of his in oklahoma or something has the same setup minus the longtubes and had slicks on his truck and it ran a 12.6 this guy has the d1sc not the p1sc so his lowend is much much better than any other ati procharged truch, not only that but i have seen him just MASSACRE lightnings modded and stock. this should be good lol, this is one bad *** truck
Old 02-13-2004, 08:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Good luck. I think that I think it depends on who gets off the line the best. Make sure you are the best driver. But if you race him from a fast roll I think it will be all your race. Let us know what happens.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:34 AM
STF Veteran

I have seen a truck with a S/C and n2o and a cam with all bolt-ons run an 11.7x. If a LS1 had all of those mods it would be low 10's. My point is he has some stuff on his truck but it is a TANK. I think you could take him (if you can drive) in any situation.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

If this truck is a single cab short bed, he should be in the mid 12's. I am not too familiar with f-bodies but unless you are close to that range, he will roast you.
Old 02-13-2004, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

just some advice..

trucks barley have any weight in the back, so launching from a dig is going to be your advantage.

I think from slow roll, you will be toasted because he will be at perfect level where he still retains the low-midrange pull... but also retains his traction.

video tape it!

goodluck
Old 02-13-2004, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i'd say if you race him from a roll in 1st or 2nd he will take you. with all the boost, from a stop he'll just spin and you'll get the jump on him easily.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:38 PM
On The Tree

well it went down today, we found this really long dry road i have no idea how, i was with my friend in the SS and off the line we took him but as soon as we hit like 40 he came creeping up but we beat him by half a length.. although the second time he beat us by half a length, and from a 20 30 and 40 roll he MASSACRED the SS lol i mean like 5 or 6 cars, that truck is fast, then we called a friend of ours with a lightning and said this guy was calling him out and the lightning got SPANKED in every way, it was really fun..... we shut down at like 120 or so on all the races... that is one bad freakin truck. and its an auto
Old 02-13-2004, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

cool.. is he a member on this board?
Old 02-13-2004, 07:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Damn, sounds like one badass truck.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Texan4Life
well it went down today, we found this really long dry road i have no idea how, i was with my friend in the SS and off the line we took him but as soon as we hit like 40 he came creeping up but we beat him by half a length.. although the second time he beat us by half a length, and from a 20 30 and 40 roll he MASSACRED the SS lol i mean like 5 or 6 cars, that truck is fast, then we called a friend of ours with a lightning and said this guy was calling him out and the lightning got SPANKED in every way, it was really fun..... we shut down at like 120 or so on all the races... that is one bad freakin truck. and its an auto
I see this race was on the street. Can you find out what he doing to get traction. Was he running slicks, traction bars? Any info is appreciated.
Old 02-14-2004, 12:29 AM
On The Tree

he had some fat tires, not slicks but like radials they were sticky, and he didnt nail it right off the line and yea i believe he had a 2 inch drop in the back and trac bars
Old 02-14-2004, 01:05 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deckhand
just some advice..

trucks barley have any weight in the back, so launching from a dig is going to be your advantage.

I think from slow roll, you will be toasted because he will be at perfect level where he still retains the low-midrange pull... but also retains his traction.
That's what I said ... therefore deckhand is correct.