Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Chevy Truck VS 98 T/A

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 02:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy Truck VS 98 T/A

Well today i raced a truck... some chevy... not stock... this guy held his own really well i thought anyways. I was driving down to church today, yes on saturday, minding my own business going the speed limit when i come by this truck think it was a SR10 or somthing... not to well versed in trucks, had exhaust, hood etc... anyways i hear this rev look beside me and theres this truck... we both hit it... pull about a half car length ahead until we both cut off cause of traffic on I 85 anyways i pull ahead of a few cars... and this truck pulls up beside me again. We started from a 65 roll Ive ehard that Autos have a weak spot at a certian speed i am not sure what it is but i think it's around there. Anyways we both hit it again and he starts pulling a little on me but at about 85 i start gaining and by 110 ive passed him by about a car length... we both let off about 115 and go back down to speed limits. Lucky for us that we stopped when we did becaue lol and behold 1 mile up the road there were two cops about 500 ft apart from each other just waiting... that woulda been a hell of a ticket. All and all it was a good saturdays morning drive and i got to give props to the guy in the truck... it held really well i thought. No ricer fly bys...good quality race... Any idea what this guy coulda done to his truck?
Old 02-15-2004, 12:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

a lot. he's got essentially the same type engine you do. an LSx. it wasn't but if it was a pre-87 there's a halluvalot he coulda done. look at parrish 8.
Old 02-15-2004, 03:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah.. these trucks have some potential. He prabley had the modded LM7, ls1 based 5.3.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default I guess so

Ive seen some trucks with some mad QTR mile times and 0-60's i was quite impressed with thsi guy... we were pretty even the whole time and he wasnt an ***.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GM trucks

If they had a few more cubes, they'd be awesome. Modded ones can definitely do some damage.
Old 02-15-2004, 10:53 PM
On The Tree

yea read about my post called need an opinion on a bad *** truck, it has a kill story at the bottom, was a procharged silverado, one mad *** motha
Old 02-15-2004, 10:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

yeah they can, going to start work on one bad *** silverado this summer.

nice kill man!!