Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'10 GT vs G8GT **vids**

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 10:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow '10 GT vs G8GT **vids**

Went out today to look at some cars since it's the first day of spring break for me. Went to look at this dealership for an SS/TC, but they didn't have it. Saw this '10 GT which I thought was a 5oh so I swung in for a look. Turns out it was just a 2010 GT, with "Mach 1" decals.

After a whole lot of BS, got a test drive and then when I was making an excuse to leave saying "I have to go check out this GTO" they told me to take the car to go see it. Ok! Got it for 2 hours, so I called up my friend who just bought a G8GT a week or 2 ago to check it out and get some runs in. Figured I was in trouble from a dig, but didn't know how the rolls would go.

Both cars are bone stock. Did a couple rolls, not all the videos turned out since he was trying to film and drive at the same time.

50-110ish...I let off for traffic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm8880Ojmgk

Did a 60 roll, much closer this time, MAYBE got him to my back bumper.

Did a 45 roll when we turned back, got him by about 2-3 cars. Went to our usual spot for some digs.

He left the TC on for this race, so he bogged a little and I left off idle so I did too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yBBu34O-_8

DIG (G8 TC off, major traction issues in the Mustang), powershifted 2-3 and 3-4. Never closed the gap, just held it at 2 cars or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaMlNJR6IPg

Another dig, I left with a little bit of rpm so did he, powershifted 2-3 and 3-4. Ran to 120ish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vovSIB4otY

Did one last roll from 20, yanked him pretty good while powershifting 1-2-3 (maybe 4th if we got that high, can't remember) and won by about 1-2 cars and called it a day. Took the car back to the dealer we a shiteating grin on my face, which they thought meant I was going to buy it.

Overall, the little 3 valve really surprised me. It handled pretty well on the back roads too. With some gears, this thing would definitely be a whole different animal. Third gear is wayyyy too long for my liking. Pretty cool car though, would love to drive a 5oh.

Last edited by WSsick; 03-23-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats hilarious...taking a test drive to go do races. Id feel a bit guilty but id,def do the same thing. Haha

Good runs!
Old 03-23-2011, 11:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^ me too! i would feel guilty but sounds like alot of fun haha.. Good videos
Old 03-23-2011, 11:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wait till one of the salesman at the dealership is surfing youtube and sees those vids lol. Better not show your face there again.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:12 PM
Teching In

g8 gt is mine.

car is stock.. should run high/mid 13's im guessing... heres some pics

Old 03-23-2011, 11:17 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by kilgothephenom
Thats hilarious...taking a test drive to go do races. Id feel a bit guilty but id,def do the same thing. Haha

Good runs!
Originally Posted by bestlude
^^^^ me too! i would feel guilty but sounds like alot of fun haha.. Good videos
I only banged a couple gears when I did the initial test drive. Salesman asked me if I drag raced a lot because I was a pro shifter. When I tried to make up an excuse to leave, they basically begged me to take the car so I had to oblige.

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Wait till one of the salesman at the dealership is surfing youtube and sees those vids lol. Better not show your face there again.
If he finds them with those titles, more power to 'em. His fault for pushing me to take it.

Originally Posted by notoriousdoa
g8 gt is mine.

car is stock.. should run high/mid 13's im guessing... heres some pics
You just love whoring out the work from your sweet camera. Mid 13s is my guess. Ron (ScreaminRedZ) is the guy I was telling you about with the stock G8GT when I gave you the dyno #s and track times. He'll chime in, but I can't imagine it would be too much different. than his on a stock auto.

I'd like to see it against Brendon's mom's '11 V6 since it would only be 10hp down from this car.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like you had fun and nice runs.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:21 PM
12 Second Club

Spaz with the smilies much? Definitely had fun, and that car was surprising easy to drive. I feel a lot more comfortable powershifting the **** out of a car when it's not my own.

Unit never answered my request.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you should drive a 2011 GT, I bet it feels just as fast as your camaro did. Dont doubt me till you drive one.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

best post today.......f'n awesome **** sick
Old 03-23-2011, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WSsick

Unit never answered my request.
As for the smiley's I wanted to see what the limit was, its 40. I had more but had to remove them.

He's on my friend list you want me to PM him and ask him for a custom user title. For you. LOL
Old 03-23-2011, 11:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I think you should drive a 2011 GT, I bet it feels just as fast as your camaro did. Dont doubt me till you drive one.
I'd love to, just takes a whole lot of work to get a brand new car off a lot. I'm pretty good at bullshitting salesman, but getting a new car is different, especially at 21...they are still somewhat skeptical of it I have the money or not. This car was $27,995 though. Hopefully some '11s pop up used here in the next year and I can get a drive. I would have love to have run one in my old Camaro, but never saw one while I was in it. I wouldn't doubt you if you said it was a bit faster than my car.

Originally Posted by hugger1975
best post today.......f'n awesome **** sick
Thanks.

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
As for the smiley's I wanted to see what the limit was, its 40. I had more but had to remove them.

He's on my friend list you want me to PM him and ask him for a custom user title. For you. LOL
Usually you hit a little thing and one of the smileys gets messed up.

I checked and he hasn't logged in to see it yet. Only titles I will accept are:
-Banned
-SR&K Master/King/Addict/Junkie
-faster than snake95 and/or Mach Boy
-Grammar ****
Old 03-23-2011, 11:32 PM
10 Second Club

Lol, awesome thread.

Dealer's car FTW!
Old 03-23-2011, 11:33 PM
11 Second Club

That has to be one of the best stories I've heard in a while. And the fact that you didn't even think twice about it just makes it better! Haha. Definitely looked like some fun. The guy at the dealership obviously didn't know you lol.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WSsick
I'd love to, just takes a whole lot of work to get a brand new car off a lot. I'm pretty good at bullshitting salesman, but getting a new car is different, especially at 21...they are still somewhat skeptical of it I have the money or not. This car was $27,995 though. Hopefully some '11s pop up used here in the next year and I can get a drive. I would have love to have run one in my old Camaro, but never saw one while I was in it. I wouldn't doubt you if you said it was a bit faster than my car.

Thanks.

Usually you hit a little thing and one of the smileys gets messed up.

I checked and he hasn't logged in to see it yet. Only titles I will accept are:
-Banned
-SR&K Master/King/Addict/Junkie
-faster than snake95 and/or Mach Boy
-Grammar ****
I was thinking SRK Dipshit or SRK Bitch. Too much?
Old 03-23-2011, 11:34 PM
Staging Lane

Good runs!
Old 03-23-2011, 11:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Beans
Lol, awesome thread.

Dealer's car FTW!

Much easier to do bunrouts/donuts/powershift/generallybeatthefuckoutofacar when you don't own it. Only had like 5,500 miles on it.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know two people who are friends who bought stripper model 2011 5.0s for like 28k OTD. Nothing extra except factory 3.73s.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:43 PM
Teching In

haha. **** you sean. dont be asking me to get pics of whatever you buy when you get it. Have fun with jared and his "skills"
Old 03-23-2011, 11:48 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1rob00
That has to be one of the best stories I've heard in a while. And the fact that you didn't even think twice about it just makes it better! Haha. Definitely looked like some fun. The guy at the dealership obviously didn't know you lol.
It wasn't my first time doing this. It's just much easier now that I'm older and people take me seriously. Here's what I did with my last 3v test drive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOQbe_YOiQE

(Notice those burnout marks under the car at the beginning? Those were from a mach1 I drove earlier that day.)

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
I was thinking SRK Dipshit or SRK Bitch. Too much?
Yes. I **** off too many people in here for that to be acceptable.

Originally Posted by sleepy_z
Good runs!
Thanks.

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I know two people who are friends who bought stripper model 2011 5.0s for like 28k OTD. Nothing extra except factory 3.73s.
Wow. That'd be my perfect car right there. This car was fully loaded (unless it comes with Nav?) and I didn't need any of it really.

Originally Posted by notoriousdoa
haha. **** you sean. dont be asking me to get pics of whatever you buy when you get it. Have fun with jared and his "skills"
I'll come crawling back. I'll be the same once this GoPro shows up, I'm not going to shut up about it and since I have no car, I'll be asking everyone to race everything all the time. Maybe me and baron can be GoPro buddies.