Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SRT4 vs. 02 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SRT4 vs. 02 Z28

I just got my PCM back from Frost and the car runs great. So me and the girlfriend went out to dinner and were cruising around trying to find something to get a run in with. So im about to go home and my girlfriend spots a group of about fifteen cars sitting in a parking lot. So I turn around to see what all is over there. Much to my surprise I see a red C5 sitting in between a WRX and a VW so I pull in the lot...

As soon as I pull in this kid jumps in the C5 and pulls out so I think well thats easy enough. So i follow him and he is pacing me I hold up three fingers and honk it off... and he just sits there. So i yell out three honks and he seems to understand so I again honk it off from a 30 roll and he doesnt go. We get to the next light and I said youu wanna run and his friend in the passenger seat says no. I asked them why not and his friend says "dude its just a camaro" as they hit a u-turn. So I went back to where they are were and pull in there is a group of about 15-20 guys talking **** and what not and of course no one wants to race there cars but they know a guy with a "fast" srt4 that would outrun me so i tell them to give him a call and get him down there. So he comes down and everyone crowds around his car telling me I dont want any of this srt4... Anyways on to the racing...

We make two quick pulls and I quickly find out that his car is pretty much stock.

1st pull: I spin bad and edge him out and have to shut down because of a red light.

2nd pull: I start in 2nd gear from about a 30 roll so I wont spin as bad. He hangs with me and then I pull a couple cars and let out... The guy honks and gives me a thumbs up and turns off.

I went back to the parking lot to tell the kid good race and see what all he had done. He said it was pretty much stock and went mid-low 13's at the track. All the other guys stayed pretty quite...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8HyR...el_video_title
Old 04-02-2011, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome kill!!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Launching!

It's just a Camaro. Geez, he probably says his motor is better because it is a Corvette motor and not a Camaro motor. lol
Nice kill, Gotta love a stalled A4.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Launching!

Thanks guys. Im pretty sure the kid was in daddys C5. He had to of been 17 or 18. My stall was definatly the best mod I have done to the car. I love it and its just a baby stall.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

Good kill. Man i used to love those kinda meets...bc 90% of the people out there dont have a clue about LSX motors. Obviously he isnt aware you two have the same motor
Old 04-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Teching In

nice kill
Old 04-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Launching!

Thanks guys. I just sometimes dont understand how people still dont know about LS1s... They're like over 15 years old...
Old 04-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02_camaroz28
Thanks guys. I just sometimes dont understand how people still dont know about LS1s... They're like over 15 years old...
LoL everyone lives in their own little world is what