Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

03 Viper VS 2011 LP570 Superleggera part 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 12:07 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 03 Viper VS 2011 LP570 Superleggera part 2

Our last encounter the Viper was down 20 rwhp on power at 453/495 rwhp/rwt due to a bad tune and the 570 lambo was at its stock 570 crank HP. Gallardo had a passenger while I had none and too my surprise the Viper stayed within a car and a half from 50-130 mph.

I since added a air intake and kooler thermostat. New plugs and wires and a very mild (10 HP increase) Dodge OEM Competion Coupe Viper camshaft with more agressive tuneing.

The result was 490 rwhp and 540 rwt.

Being that I ran so close with the Lambo at 40 less rwhp and 40 less rwt I figured I would pull on him.

Little did I know the break in miles and no passenger plus useing the more agressive corsa shifting gave the lambo some tricks of its own

First run starting at a 40 roll the Gallardo hooks and goes and the Viper spins and I immediately let off. Lambo Victory by 5 car lengths.

Second run starting at a 40 roll the Gallardo hooks and goes and the Viper spins all through first and grabs in second. Too little to late and the Lambo is 3 lengths ahead at 110 mph.

Third run starting at 50 mph the Gallardo hooks and goes while the Viper gives a slight chirp and hooks in first gear. We let off early for an upcoming exit with the Vipers front at the Gallardos rear fender.

Fourth run starting at 50 mph. both cars hook and go with th Vipers front at the Gallardos rear at 130 mph.

Last run starting at 50 mph the lambo starts a bit to the rear of the Viper and dosent clearly hear the honks. The lambo has a false rolling start but both drivers stay in it as this will be the last race. End result is lambo 2 lengths ahead of Viper.

Despite the Lambo false start and the few bad runs on the Viper from tire spin it was obvious that the stock lambo is still a lil faster and this Viper owner is again going back To The Drawing Board

Fun times RSKY. bad a$$ ride and honestly thats an exotic that is actually worth the price tag!

"PS" Dont worry about that long keying on your passenger side door. I have no idea how it got there?

Last edited by Killemall; 04-17-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice runs. bet you are wishing you had put a real camshaft in that thing now, huh?
Old 04-17-2011, 12:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I literally just opened the thread, hit page down once, and saw 0-xx mph times. You are seriously the king of all ricer/bench racers.

Go spend another 3k smackers to lose hp again.

**not reading rest of thread, just going to assume it's full of excuses why he lost to a car that is 1,000,000x cooler than his will be.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

The *** rapings continue, I'm not surprised.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:35 AM
On The Tree

Get a real cam and stop making excuses. Also put a bottle on that bitch!
Old 04-17-2011, 02:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TheHitman
Get a real cam and stop making excuses. Also put a bottle on that bitch!
He doesn't want to spray. Because...

I installed nitrous on the C6Z and low and behold my motor died. I didn't think it was the nitrous because there was no oily mess on the road and my intake mani didn't pop. I had the shop open the engine up and it was a dropped valve. It wedged between the piston and the wall and caused catastrophic failure. Who know's if it was the nitrous that caused it, but I wasn't using the spray at the time. Hell it would have made me feel better if I wasn't driving 40 mph going to Taco bell. I'd have been happier if I broke it while juicing or racing something..

I actually bought the car back after trading it in for the LP570 and they gave me a warranty saying they'd cover it even if I had mods. When i towed it in, they back pedalled real fast. So **** em. I have to build it over again on my own, but I'm waiting till the fall cause I got a lot on my plate right now with my babies 1st birthday coming up and some other investments.

But the Z will rise again. Maybe it will have a 440ci with a fatter shot. Or stay 427 and forge it and spray the hell out of that. I'm doing my studying on the best route right now.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Launching!

The Z06 will rise again!!!!!!!!!!!

Good runs RSKY
Old 04-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Sorry to hear about your death, hopefully you get video next time...

the camera is your friend!
Old 04-17-2011, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RSKY
He doesn't want to spray. Because...

I installed nitrous on the C6Z and low and behold my motor died. I didn't think it was the nitrous because there was no oily mess on the road and my intake mani didn't pop. I had the shop open the engine up and it was a dropped valve. It wedged between the piston and the wall and caused catastrophic failure. Who know's if it was the nitrous that caused it, but I wasn't using the spray at the time. Hell it would have made me feel better if I wasn't driving 40 mph going to Taco bell. I'd have been happier if I broke it while juicing or racing something..

I actually bought the car back after trading it in for the LP570 and they gave me a warranty saying they'd cover it even if I had mods. When i towed it in, they back pedalled real fast. So **** em. I have to build it over again on my own, but I'm waiting till the fall cause I got a lot on my plate right now with my babies 1st birthday coming up and some other investments.

But the Z will rise again. Maybe it will have a 440ci with a fatter shot. Or stay 427 and forge it and spray the hell out of that. I'm doing my studying on the best route right now.

Wait wait, you still have your Z06? I thought you sold it. Well then thats pretty cool.

As for my comment that was directed at killemall.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TheHitman
Wait wait, you still have your Z06? I thought you sold it. Well then thats pretty cool.

As for my comment that was directed at killemall.

I'm just explaining why He doesn't want to spray. Spray is rediculous. Instant power. No lag, no heat soak.. only thing could happen is running out of the juice. But because my motor went, Everyone will say it's cause of the nitrous. But when looking at the head, there was no sign of detonating at all.

I think his Viper would benefit from some Nitto NT05 tires and a 100 shot tuned. Pretty much unstoppable with the torque and hp gains.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Launching!

Rather just hit 530-550 rwhp NA after headers/throttle body/manifold and agressive tuneing.

around 600 ish with heads. But thats down the road.

If I keep the car and dont get a audi R8 or gallardo myself in the next couple months then I may consider the spray....1500 bucks for in my case 150 rwhp with the srt10's compression is quite tempting.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:47 PM
11 Second Club

not reading this ****.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
not reading this ****.
That's the spirit! Now go read RSKY's version.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WSsick
That's the spirit! Now go read RSKY's version.
I would rather read his/believe his side anyday over the OP's horse ****.

Quick Reply: 03 Viper VS 2011 LP570 Superleggera part 2