Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

MRrGuns, and a funny side encounter (cobalt ss vs c6)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 10:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MRrGuns, and a funny side encounter (cobalt ss vs c6)

So Last night I hop onto the highway behind a new c6, mods unknown except for some exhaust work. We catch a nice wide open area and rip into at about 70 side by side, by 4th hes at my bumper. So we catch some more open room and really let into it from roughly the same speed. By 125ish ive got a car and pulling. Immediatley following this pool a new white impala with a dark tint comes hauiling *** up to us. I immediatley dropped way back and we both played innocent lol. Eventually got up next to him and he gave me a wave and we went on our ways. Fun run, great sounding vette. Vanity plate was funny, MrrGuns-and no this is not the exact way it was spelled as i wouldnt want to be putting someones plate up lol.

A few nights ago im leaving Backyardturbo in Pa to head back to MD, a blue wrx(exhaust, maybe tuned??) rolls up on me after following me out of the gas station. They pull up next to me and go through the motions, so I tell them to hit it and then I will. They laugh right in my face. So 2 buses later, smirks shattered they ask for a 10 roll. So 3 buses later they turned off. Sillies.

My car is 2009 cobalt ss. Stock turbo, stock internal, full bolt ons, e85 93 50/50 mix, BYT Tuned, exedy hyper single. 370 whp 455ftlbs traps 115-120 depending on my driving(street tires)
Old 05-29-2011, 10:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

NIce runs. Pulling on a C6 that is nice.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

Im sure it was close to stock but it did feel pretty nice. I want to do a cam swap next, port the head, Id like to see 420ish whp before swapping the stock turbo.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:31 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DriveFastAlways
Im sure it was close to stock but it did feel pretty nice. I want to do a cam swap next, port the head, Id like to see 420ish whp before swapping the stock turbo.
Got a budies with Cobalt SS's. One is SC and one Turbo. The SC one is nasty. He has about everything you can do to it done. The turbo one is just bolt ons and tuned right now.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:36 AM
On The Tree

Yeah Ive had the stock turbo whp record for a year, inching it up here and there, Im ready to do go after the 400 mark and then move on to a new EFR series turbo and see 480ish. Been through 3 trans at the track already though, so after cams thats my next big expenditure.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:15 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DriveFastAlways
Yeah Ive had the stock turbo whp record for a year, inching it up here and there, Im ready to do go after the 400 mark and then move on to a new EFR series turbo and see 480ish. Been through 3 trans at the track already though, so after cams thats my next big expenditure.
LOL I know a guy that is that way with his SRT4 on trannies.