Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bolt on full weight Z vs a lot of cars

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Bolt on full weight Z vs a lot of cars

I decided to take my Z28 to the Cecil county dragway last night. I have been ignoring it for a while to focus on some of my fast cars. Didn't even have time to clean it which may have caused it to get in some serious action yesterday(ie tons of polin,dirt on it). Car is quiet(slp dual dual),stock rims blah blah with SS hood.

Buddy of mine wanted to go up so I let him drive so I could text etc.... On 95 North we saw a kid in a 05-07 loud red GT driving like a maniac in traffic. I remarked I hope we can play with a clear road with this guy. About ten miles up we did. We were next to another identical red one like the kid but that guy didn't want to play. We then zoom up in the fast lane to make some room for the kid who was coming up fast to us from behind. We slow down. He slows down and then nails it before we are even ready to honk. No problem. We easily catch him and pull him and let out. We give him thumbs up. He goes past us not even looking at us. Well at least we made him slow down

Cecil was so so all nite. Ran 12.2-12.0 all at 113 with sixtys in the low 1.7s and 1.6s. A Mazda speed crashed into the wall so I decided to leave which was around 8 ish. Fastest 5.0s went 12.4 at 111-113 so I was happy I was ahead of them

Best slip-about 1 mph off and 2 tenths off from the fall

Let my friend drive and we decided to hit Glen Burnie to get in some action. On the way down on 95 again we slowed down to play with a stock looking 6.0 GTO. On a 50 mph roll with him hitting it first we started to pull about 65 MPH or so. Guy wouldn't look at us when he passed us after slowing down despite trying to give him thumbs up

Get down to Burnie(nice long stretches of road) and its NUTS-cars everywhere. First run was with a turbo Scion-don't laugh some of them are damn fast on a roll. His tag said burnu2. Hmm. We try him from a light and he doesn't bite. Get to another light. On a 10 MPH roll he nails it. My friend is ready and nails it. We hold him off to about 70MPH with us inching away and let out for a light. His GF smiles but he doesnt look at us. Great kill for my friend driving.

We do a u turn at a light and get in a huge pack of cars. Built V6 93 F body with spray,sn95 with a lightning swap and a nasty sounding LS1 Z28 with Et streets with the factory body kit(uh oh) were the ones we wanted to play wit. Guy has three passengers and wants to run from a low speed roll. Y not? My friend driving wanted to c if he could hang with cammed 6 speed from a roll and gave him a slight kick. Didn't matter-the Z once it got moving pulled us pretty good. Catch hiim at a light-cool kid. We ask to race from a stop. Light turns green and we get him by about maybe 3 cars to 80 MPH and he is not catching us(auto with stall plus tires means tough to catch from a dig) and we let out. I am sure with more speed he would have caught us sooner or later. Blown SN95 then runs the cammed LS on a roll in front of us and pulls the Mustang pretty good.

Little later run a fox body with cast iron GT40s,B cam and other bolt ons on a 5 MPH roll of so. We get him pretty good -maybe 4 cars to 70MPH or so. Catch him at a light-real nice guy and told him I have one too. I get out of the way so a buddy I know can race him with his Mazda Speed turbo which is pretty damn quick. Here is the race....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YtYjSO4oB8

After a while we leave and then race the Mazda on a 60 MPH roll....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-inS7KRv1Gs&hd=1

You can still have fun with a bolt on car at full weight Enough of this bolt on crap time to install this cam which has been sitting for months.... Thanks for reading...

Old 06-04-2011, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jesus I'm lucky if i get that much action out here in a month. Damn Long Islanders all afraid of the state troopers that patrol the area...
Old 06-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Staging Lane

Good kills.Not only is the car scene a lil slow right now over here we've also been rained out for like a week or more.I'm a lil jealous to say the least!lol Damn mother nature sucks!
Old 06-04-2011, 01:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice runs and good story, yea you can hve fun with a bolt on car, I know...but like you said, time to get that cam.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

Thats quick for just boltons at full weight.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FST SS
nice runs and good story, yea you can hve fun with a bolt on car, I know...but like you said, time to get that cam.
I know-got to get some time. Thanks

Originally Posted by kilgothephenom
Thats quick for just boltons at full weight.
Cecil is a fast track. I ran 12 flat at 110 two weeks ago at 75/80 which is a slow track. Car is light for an F body LS1 though-thanks
Old 06-18-2011, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds pretty good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozaLKQ5_xVo
Old 06-18-2011, 06:09 PM

Nice write up, that sounds like a night out for the ages

Let us know how it does after the cam swap too!
Old 06-18-2011, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you. Will do
Old 06-18-2011, 06:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Sounds pretty good
sounds good and runs pretty good too. nice work and thanks for sharing
Old 06-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Staging Lane

How the hell did a fwd Mazdaspeed hit the wall? THAT much torque steer? lol!
Old 06-19-2011, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you Frot

No idea Deuuce
Old 06-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
How the hell did a fwd Mazdaspeed hit the wall? THAT much torque steer? lol!
i only get torque steer on very crappy roads. must have been a non driver
Old 06-19-2011, 05:57 PM
Teching In

Nice kills, i need to get down to glen burnie some time soon, seems fun.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks and yes its fun!